LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Aldon Smith got a dui doe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
At least he's not smocking crack.....(I hope).

P.S. We should trade his ass, straight up for M.Rob back. At least he made the pro-bowl....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Mike Nolan would cut him
therefore we should cut him
what an idiot.

hopefully his last one.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
His last tweet before his DUI..

Aldon Smith @aldonsmithJETS
Does anybody sleep #Miami #oceanave #letsgo

Some dude commented right after that he should be careful over there too.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
what an idiot.

hopefully his last one.

Treal, jeebus
doe
  • mike
  • Veteran
A doe is a female deer.
At least the press is getting his name wrong! The commish will have to try to find a guy named Alson to suspend.
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Make enough laws and you create a nation of criminals. Just because he was busted for DUI doesn't mean anything. Thug cops are being trained to presume everyone is guilty of something rather than that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. These pigs (and I am referring specifically to those uniformed outlaws that violate the constitution and the rights of citizens) arrest people in order to make their quotas; not because the arrested person is a danger to anyone.

I'll bet Aldon was a bit tipsy but did something stupid that called attention to him by one of these thug cops.

It amazes me that "sports fans" (and I use the term loosely) are ready to condemn Aldon Smith for getting arrested., He is a football player. What he does in his private life is not relevant to that (as long as he doesn't become a serial killer or something similar).

Furthermore, none of you have any way of knowing if this is Aldon's fault or the thug cop's fault. None of you know if Aldon really did something worthy of arrest, or if some pig thug cop is just adding a notch to his quota book.

I agree with this. You don't need to have drank much at all to technically be subject to a charge of DUI. We don't know the circumstances of how Aldon was arrested. I've seen too many cases where people are bogusly charged with DUI because the cop decides to pull someone over for something silly and decides to add that charge. We don't know why Aldon was pulled over. He could have been pulled over because the police officer didn't like what he looked like or where he was coming out of, and when he saw he may have had a drink he decides to charge him with DUI.

It is clear neither of you have a clue what you're talking about. First off not all cops are thugs and pigs. And cops can't just ADD a DUI charge because he feels like it. If you knew how they're trained and how it works you'd know that. If you're over the limit, you're over the limit end of discussion. If Aldon submitted to the field sobriety tests and the officer deemed he was not under the influence, then Aldon walks. There are many things officers take into account I won't get into. But maybe you should know what you're talking about before jumping to conclusions. Aldon made a mistake, and as a lifelong 49er fan it's disappointing to see, but don't go blaming the officers. He's lucky he didn't injure or kill someone, then he'd be facing felony charges as opposed to a misdemeanor

I thought a DUI was a felony.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Make enough laws and you create a nation of criminals. Just because he was busted for DUI doesn't mean anything. Thug cops are being trained to presume everyone is guilty of something rather than that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. These pigs (and I am referring specifically to those uniformed outlaws that violate the constitution and the rights of citizens) arrest people in order to make their quotas; not because the arrested person is a danger to anyone.

I'll bet Aldon was a bit tipsy but did something stupid that called attention to him by one of these thug cops.

It amazes me that "sports fans" (and I use the term loosely) are ready to condemn Aldon Smith for getting arrested., He is a football player. What he does in his private life is not relevant to that (as long as he doesn't become a serial killer or something similar).

Furthermore, none of you have any way of knowing if this is Aldon's fault or the thug cop's fault. None of you know if Aldon really did something worthy of arrest, or if some pig thug cop is just adding a notch to his quota book.

I agree with this. You don't need to have drank much at all to technically be subject to a charge of DUI. We don't know the circumstances of how Aldon was arrested. I've seen too many cases where people are bogusly charged with DUI because the cop decides to pull someone over for something silly and decides to add that charge. We don't know why Aldon was pulled over. He could have been pulled over because the police officer didn't like what he looked like or where he was coming out of, and when he saw he may have had a drink he decides to charge him with DUI.

It is clear neither of you have a clue what you're talking about. First off not all cops are thugs and pigs. And cops can't just ADD a DUI charge because he feels like it. If you knew how they're trained and how it works you'd know that. If you're over the limit, you're over the limit end of discussion. If Aldon submitted to the field sobriety tests and the officer deemed he was not under the influence, then Aldon walks. There are many things officers take into account I won't get into. But maybe you should know what you're talking about before jumping to conclusions. Aldon made a mistake, and as a lifelong 49er fan it's disappointing to see, but don't go blaming the officers. He's lucky he didn't injure or kill someone, then he'd be facing felony charges as opposed to a misdemeanor

I thought a DUI was a felony.
This sums it up pretty well:
http://southfloridadui.com/topics/penaltiesfordui.html

especially since it's in the area aldon was arrested.(south florida).

It's not a felony, he'll pay $500-$1000(plus whatever NFL fines him), be on probation, his car is impounded for 10 days, community service, has to go to DUI school before he can get his license back, and maybe have to eventually go to an alcoholism type of place. If it were a felony he'd also have prison time to worry about.
[ Edited by mike on Jan 29, 2012 at 11:49 AM ]

• mike
  • Veteran
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/01/smith-was-swerving-before-his-dui-arrest.html
A few new details from barrows. Smith was seen swerving in and out of lanes. Failed a field sobriety test.
[ Edited by mike on Jan 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by mike:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/01/smith-was-swerving-before-his-dui-arrest.html
A few new details from barrows. Smith was seen swerving in and out of lanes. Failed a field sobriety test.

Thank god no one got killed due to this stupid decision by Aldon.

What is it with these guys not getting a cab or a limo?

Hopefully he doesn't get any jail time.
A doe is a female deer.

lol
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Thank god no one got killed due to this stupid decision by Aldon.

What is it with these guys not getting a cab or a limo?

Hopefully he doesn't get any jail time.

Damn. Come on dude. Gotta be smarter than that.
no excuse, stupid on his part

expect a 1-2 game suspension, hope Jim deals with this internally
Share 49ersWebzone