There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bigger In-Division 2012 Threat: Airzona or Seattle?

Bigger In-Division 2012 Threat: Airzona or Seattle?

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Seahawks.

If they manage to upgrade QB, whether it be by adding Flynn, or a top QB prospect.. they will then have a developing defense that will have more pieces added to it during this off-season. They have Pro Bowl defensive backs, and a very promising young receiver in Baldwin.

Think if they add a back to get a one-two punch with Lynch. Sidney Rice is returning from injury next year too. The team will be tough, and hopefully we upgrade our squad more than theirs, or I could see a loss in Seattle.

They also have a weak-ass schedule with all of their quality opponents at home in Seattle.

I actually think that's the way you want it to be. You don't want the hardest matchups at home if you're likely to lose to them anyway.
If we resign our defense and sign a few WR or draft one sign one this team will be great. It won't matter what the opponents in this division will be like.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jan 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM ]
Seahawks D is young and tough. If they ever get a QB and maybe another pass rusher to support their great secondary, they will be the Niners biggest challenge. Those division games are going to be wars twice a year for the foreseeable future.
they both threats but the biggest positive should be them winning a few more out of division games so we shed the nfc west sucks ass tag we've been a part of for years
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Seahawks D is young and tough. If they ever get a QB and maybe another pass rusher to support their great secondary, they will be the Niners biggest challenge. Those division games are going to be wars twice a year for the foreseeable future.

If they are smart, they would trade for Manning.

As for the biggest threats, i would have to say the Rams.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

What dont people understand about this...the Colts will never trade Peyton Manning...they will only release him
[ Edited by Sjceruti on Jan 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

What dont people understand about this...the Colts will never trade Peyton Manning...they will only release him

not to mention, nobody would trade for him knowing they could just wait till hes cut and get him at their number
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Seahawks are QB away from being very competitive.

IMHO Every team in this division going into 2012 is practically a quality QB away from the Conference Championship; and a franchise QB away from the SB (even the Rams; the weapons will be re-signed/brought in, everybody's going to be healthy, and their D is only getting better).

In the land of the NFC West, the team with the least mistake-prone QB is king.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by vaden:
Seattle by far, unless Arizona gets Peyton. Even though Arizona finished with 1 more win, imo Seattle was the better team. But they still don't scare me unless they get a good QB.

And if Seattle gets Peyton Manning?

He'll only be playing for about 2 games... Seattle's OL sucks...
St. L will be. They had a lot of injuries last year. Their QB is better than ours, if healthy. They will draft Blackmon and have a better receiver than we do. I really hope the 49ers management improves key areas to this team. They have got to get a big time receiver. I would not give Alex Smith a big contract. I still say he is not the answer at QB. We have no pass rush. I think people need to calm down when thinking that this team can be elite. I think they know they still are missing pieces
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Seahawks are QB away from being very competitive.

IMHO Every team in this division going into 2012 is practically a quality QB away from the Conference Championship; and a franchise QB away from the SB (even the Rams; the weapons will be re-signed/brought in, everybody's going to be healthy, and their D is only getting better).

In the land of the NFC West, the team with the least mistake-prone QB is king.

u can basically say that about most teams in the league aside from the 5 or 6 bottom feeders every year, hell the team holding the 1st pick coulda have made it to afc title game if their qb played this year. thats why we love the nfl, so many teams are reasonably close minus the qb, only problem is they arent mass producing quality qbs.
Seahawks, but Frederick P. Soft is our biggest threat.
Seattle...good defense and great homefield advantage too.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Seahawks, but Frederick P. Soft is our biggest threat.

This
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home