There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

anyone surprised soapaga or staley didnt get any passes thrown there way, or any fakes on

seems like they had set that up in earlier games...i suspect the weather killed any chance of niners doing this
we tried a cute play and Williams fumbled that also
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Screens to Hunter would've been nice.

Vernon Davis in the flat would've been nice too.

And we are almost unbeatable when Gore has 20 or more carries.

Greg Roman
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Screens to Hunter would've been nice.

Vernon Davis in the flat would've been nice too.

And we are almost unbeatable when Gore has 20 or more carries.

Greg Roman

I don't get this. The running was really working. And we went away from it. Why?...

Plus trying double reverses and pitching the ball in a driving rainstorm with a wet muddy ball and wet muddy field. Just doesn't make sense...
i thought we were going to be more creative with the playcalling but i guess not =/ i
our coaches dropped the ball with this game plan.
Originally posted by lamontb:
our coaches dropped the ball with this game plan.

in their defense, it was working.....................

but yeah, please, more gore.
Can't make sense of the play calling against the giants. We completely abandoned what got us there in the first place
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:06 AM ]
We were playing to win the turnover battle. Conservative play calling got us the lead and our defense was playing well enough to keep it. This is actually how we won a lot of games early on in the season.
Originally posted by RayWersching:
We were playing to win the turnover battle. Conservative play calling got us the lead and our defense was playing well enough to keep it. This is actually how we won a lot of games early on in the season.

yes,, the play calling was good enough to win the game,,,, we would have won by at least 7,, if it wasn't for the muffed kicks!
when you see these kinds of threads after a 49er loss it usually means the same thing - 49ers passing game sucked again, and people are now thinking in hindsight what tricks might have compensated for that. If you have to rely on Sopoaga as a reciever because your WRs are doing zilch, you are probably going to lose anyway.