There are 242 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

I was gonna jump until I realized that if I did, I would miss the next Super Bowl the niners win.
Originally posted by corona55569:
Just b
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree with crabman and niner nation. Its been a week, you guys gotta get over it for gods sake, i will hope to think this thread will die naturally after today
Just because some fans remain bitter and are avoiding all sport outlets is not extreme, no one is depressed here, I'm still going clubbing, getting my work out in, looking forward to several travel plans this year..... Ppl with this get a life crap are morons... Plenty of ppl on the zone have a nice healthy fun life, just with some bitterness anything FOOTBALL related ...

o we gon club.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:
Just b
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree with crabman and niner nation. Its been a week, you guys gotta get over it for gods sake, i will hope to think this thread will die naturally after today
Just because some fans remain bitter and are avoiding all sport outlets is not extreme, no one is depressed here, I'm still going clubbing, getting my work out in, looking forward to several travel plans this year..... Ppl with this get a life crap are morons... Plenty of ppl on the zone have a nice healthy fun life, just with some bitterness anything FOOTBALL related ...
when you are clubbing, if you see casey anthony punch her in the face for me , you young whippersnappers can go clubbing, i will just set at the bar , drink and hope the bar maid has a low cut blouse on when she bends over to wash the glassess
Bummed for sure. Depresssion though , come on? Depression is a state of mind with reserved parking for only the soft, meek , weak & meager! Do not park there bro. Get it in gear and move forward!
Originally posted by crabman82:
havent read the first 13 pages, just chiming in with my thoughts, i'm finding this loss very easy to get over, its 10 times better than being 6-10, worse feeling ever is being 4-8 and already previewing the next draft even though the current season wasnt done yet. live by the sword and die by it, won so many games on TO margin, stands to reason we'd lose one by it aswell.

This.

So much easier to deal with losses knowing that our team should be competitive for the next several years.

So much harder to deal with the never-ending losses for years on end, wondering when/if the 49ers would ever return to glory.
i dont see how any1 can be depressed

bummed? yes depressed no

depressed was last year r year before when we expected to go to playoffs but then go 6-10
Yep still depressed. As a test I turned to ESPN. Couldn't watch past 1 minute. Niners should be in the SB.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Cause shutting down Brady, Gronk, Welker and Hernandez is such a given....

If anyone is still really that depressed they need more hobbies. If we were the Packers... then fine, but this team far exceeded anyones expectations. Beginning of the season all anyone talked about is whether we were bad enough to get Andrew Luck, now this team leads the league in probowlers, won coach of the year, GM of the year and possibly both DROY and Defensive MVP of the league.

Yeah it sucks they wont be playing in two weeks, but holy crap the future is glaringly bright for the first time since 2003.
wouldn't have shut them down but would have done enough to win i think...but i agree the future is looking great!

can't wait for the draft and next season!
  • Apone
  • Veteran
No. It was a great season. Our 49ers were involved in two of the best post season games ever. Talented players on both sides. Great coaching. Good front office that's evolving. I am excited!
The super bowl is making me sick.

Can't stand seeing the giants logo in my face.
No problem at all.

I lost my mom to canncer and my dad to heart disease. This is nothing but a bump in the road.
Originally posted by mayo49:
The football gods didn't want it to happen. That's how I look at it.

Totally agree.... It takes a certain amount of good fortune to get to the SB... The Giants had it in that game and the Niners didn't...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
No problem at all.

I lost my mom to canncer and my dad to heart disease. This is nothing but a bump in the road.

So sorry to hear about your losses. But the "real life" sh!t (as I so often refer to it as) is what puts the 49ers and the game of football into perspective.

Throughout the whole Giants game, I reminded myself that:

I have my health
I have a great job
An awesome girlfriend
A great apartment in a fun town
Friends and Family

Those are the things that really matter and they're there regardless of what a football game's outcome is.

This is coming from a guy that is officially obsessed with the Niners too (go out to SF just about every year on a tight ass budget to see a game). But in the end, it's just a huge hobby of mine and nothing more.

The Niners had a dumbfounding, shocking, awe-inspiring season and I'm thankful that they're not complete incompetents anymore. I'm glad that the 49ers have put the league on notice that they're back.

That's all I really ever wanted over the past 9 years anyways, just competence and a playoff appearance. We got a hell of a lot more than just competence and a playoff appearance this year.

We got a playoff victory and promise to a very bright future for the red and gold.
i gotta say i am going on w my life and finding the fun in all other things. but i really dont want to watch the superbowl or listen to sirius nfl radio or be on twitter and i've even barely visted the zone. in a way its good to feel so hurt/devastated again cause that means we are back. hell its much better then feeling disappointed that we didnt win cause cody pickett cant complete a pass or cedric wilson didnt know to go down so we can call a time out or that mike singletary needs to review the film to figure out he's a f*&^ing idiot. all in all i'm thankful for a lot of things but bitterly disappointed that we are in playing this weekend. i'm just not ready yet for sports. thats just how i feel. god bless to the rest of you.
Yeah still bummed. Havent figured out if I am gonna watch the superbowl or not. Wanted our team there not the Giants.