There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Originally posted by KEGster:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
come on now.

Who had worse? Atleast kickers (like Christie) made an Extra Point or FG earlier in the game

There has never been a player with such a small role that single handily blew a game. Call it like it is
He touched the ball like 5 times
- 3 fumbles
- 1 bad decision to dive on punt return
- 1 decent return where he tripped over the grass (Ginn would have scored)

If this guy played for the Giants we would be making jokes that we paid him off. Williams was absolutely dreadful that night

Favre threw 6 INT's in a playoff game once.

Rich Gannon threw 5 picks in the Super Bowl and 3 were returned for touchdowns.
Since I can't start a thread yet

- Is anyone gonna watch the Pro Bowl? Alot of ours boys will be on display
Since I can't start a thread yet

- Is anyone gonna watch the Pro Bowl? Alot of ours boys will be on display

there's a pro bowl thread in NFL talk.

Did the Packers get shut out......or did Favre drive them downfield & maybe even throw a TD?

My point stands. Williams almost did absolutely everything wrong in that game. As if he didn't belong on the field whatsoever
come on now.

Who had worse? Atleast kickers (like Christie) made an Extra Point or FG earlier in the game

There has never been a player with such a small role that single handily blew a game. Call it like it is
- 3 fumbles

If this guy played for the Giants we would be making jokes that we paid him off. Williams was absolutely dreadful that night

you are comparing a super bowl champ and a league MVP QB who played in a super bowl (should have been 2) to a 4th string WR

Did the Packers get shut out......or did Favre drive them downfield & maybe even throw a TD?

My point stands. Williams almost did absolutely everything wrong in that game. As if he didn't belong on the field whatsoever

he had a return that set up the game tying FG.

i'm not excusing Williams. He had an awful game and it will always be remembered by 49ers fans. but saying its the worst game a person has played ever is really a stretch.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
come on now.

- 3 fumbles

you are comparing a super bowl champ and a league MVP QB who played in a super bowl (should have been 2) to a 4th string WR

no, i'm comparing wretched performances in isolation. the question is "who had a worse playoff game in the history of the NFL?" I would argue that those two performances would rate pretty high on that list. saying Williams is the worst ever is based on current emotion and is straight up hyperbole.
come on now.

- 3 fumbles

no, i'm comparing wretched performances in isolation. the question is "who had a worse playoff game in the history of the NFL?" I would argue that those two performances would rate pretty high on that list. saying Williams is the worst ever is based on current emotion and is straight up hyperbole.

how about worst ever performance by a 49er in playoff history?
come on now.

- 3 fumbles

you could make the argument, for sure, and I think that would be fair. of course, its all perception. Owens had an awful game in '98 but caught the game-winning TD, otherwise he would be one of the great goats in franchise history. Ahmed Plummer was absolute garbage in 2003 but we won that game so no one remembers that not only did he give up 3 TD's (if I remember correctly) but also the completion that put the Giants into FG range at the end of the game.

I'm sure with some digging we could come up with a good list of terrible performances and accurately rate them. I'm sure Williams would be up near the top though.

i'm not excusing Williams. He had an awful game and it will always be remembered by 49ers fans. but saying its the worst game a person has played ever is really a stretch.

He had a decent return that any average kick returner could have done AND he slipped and tripped over the grass, not getting touched at all. Ginn would have scored

I'm not joking....considering what he contributed (slim) and how badly he vomited all over himself at almost every single opportunity.......the question of whether or not Kyle Williams was paid off, is a valid question.

He had a decent return that any average kick returner could have done AND he slipped and tripped over the grass, not getting touched at all. Ginn would have scored

I'm not joking....considering what he contributed (slim) and how badly he vomited all over himself at almost every single opportunity.......the question of whether or not Kyle Williams was paid off, is a valid question.

sorry, this entire post is asinine, especially the last part. He slipped on the notoriously slick grass at Candlestick on a rainy day? MY HEAVENS, THE MAFIA GOT TO HIM!!!!!!!!!

sorry, this entire post is asinine, especially the last part. He slipped on the notoriously slick grass at Candlestick on a rainy day? MY HEAVENS, THE MAFIA GOT TO HIM!!!!!!!!!

He was SO bad that I almost question the coaching staff as to why he remained in the game. Something was obviously off.....shoulders, brain or confidence.

He was SO bad that I almost question the coaching staff as to why he remained in the game. Something was obviously off.....shoulders, brain or confidence.

I don't know why he was in there either, given his history. Culliver or Hunter would have been able to handle those duties, I'm sure.

but it was an oversight that I'm sure won't happen again. i expect this team to not only have a legit #1 returner (hope Ginn comes back) but I also expect them to have a backup who is more than capable.
come on now.

- 3 fumbles

If that's the question, I'd say Craig since he cost us a three-in-a-row.

I don't know why he was in there either, given his history. Culliver or Hunter would have been able to handle those duties, I'm sure.

but it was an oversight that I'm sure won't happen again. i expect this team to not only have a legit #1 returner (hope Ginn comes back) but I also expect them to have a backup who is more than capable.
Agreed.

Overall I think our coaching staff did not have it's best game vs the Giants. Just goes to show how unbreakable that defense was
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home