There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dj43:
Only one team gets to win the last game of the season. The other 31 don't. I'm glad we won one of the last 7. That is good.
as usual dj is the voice of reason

I have not had a good night's sleep since , maybe the voice of reason will sink in soon.
It will always suck. 92 loss to the cowboys still sucks. Craig's fumble still sucks. But you know what. It's football. We move on. If we get there then the sting goes away. So I guess I can fairly say that I've tucked the suck away in the back of my brain and I'm seriously optimistic about next year and very happy that we have a team that competed for ALL OF IT this year. I'm also hopefull that Alex has not played his best football, that we will be better on offense and that we'll get there sooner rather than later.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
While I'd like to think I'm over it, the loss is still affecting my mood today. If we were still in it, I'd be in a great mood. Instead, I just wanna fap and sleep all day.

Yup. Same here.

It's not just that we lost, but the way we lost the game that makes it so difficult. If not for KW's fumbles, if not for 2 broken up INTs, if not for a couple ref calls going our way, if not for a commitment to the run in the 4th quarter, etc., we're still playing.

I"m excited for this team's future, but being so damn close to the SB and having everything going our way, the amazing finish the week prior, Vernon and the D's heroic play, makes this loss so hard to take.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
It's just a game. The fact that we are sitting here b***hing that [insert coach] should be fired, Baalke should kill himself, and Jed should sell the team, is reason to enjoy what a great run the 49ers had this year.

Like dj43 said, it wasn't our time, but that doesn't mean it's not coming.
The sting of this loss faded Monday evening for me.

That's when the joy and realization that our beloved 49ers are back to being the class of the NFL set in once again.

This team is something special and we have a coach who I wouldn't trade for any other in the league.

This is only the first step. Expecting excellence from the red and gold is back!
Still pretty bummed, I refuse to watch any superbowl hype because its just too painful. Also, if you think about it this may have been the best chance the niners will have to get to the superbowl, the giants and patriots are very average teams compared to past super bowl champs. Im gonna go cry again...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
While I'd like to think I'm over it, the loss is still affecting my mood today. If we were still in it, I'd be in a great mood. Instead, I just wanna fap and sleep all day.

For me that's just everyday... but I usually follow it with a
for every great moment in 9er history. there is a forgettable one.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
for every great moment in 9er history. there is a forgettable one.

and for every dynasty there is a beginning and this year was our beginning
Originally posted by VA49er:
It will always suck. 92 loss to the cowboys still sucks. Craig's fumble still sucks. But you know what. It's football. We move on. If we get there then the sting goes away. So I guess I can fairly say that I've tucked the suck away in the back of my brain and I'm seriously optimistic about next year and very happy that we have a team that competed for ALL OF IT this year. I'm also hopefull that Alex has not played his best football, that we will be better on offense and that we'll get there sooner rather than later.

I'm still upset about that one
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by VA49er:

I'm still upset about that one

Lawrence Phillips still p*sses me off.

I'll never forget Kyle Williams. I'll forgive him if we win a Super Bowl in the next few years but forgetting.....NO WAY

He didn't have 1 bad play. 1 bad Half. He had arguably the worst individual performance in NFL Playoff History. That game will forever represent his career unless he makes a Pro Bowl or significant influence in a Super Bowl That's it
Originally posted by KEGster:
I'll never forget Kyle Williams. I'll forgive him if we win a Super Bowl in the next few years but forgetting.....NO WAY

He didn't have 1 bad play. 1 bad Half. He had arguably the worst individual performance in NFL Playoff History. That game will forever represent his career unless he makes a Pro Bowl or significant influence in a Super Bowl That's it

come on now.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
come on now.

Who had worse? Atleast kickers (like Christie) made an Extra Point or FG earlier in the game

There has never been a player with such a small role that single handily blew a game. Call it like it is
He touched the ball like 5 times
- 3 fumbles
- 1 bad decision to dive on punt return
- 1 decent return where he tripped over the grass (Ginn would have scored)

If this guy played for the Giants we would be making jokes that we paid him off. Williams was absolutely dreadful that night
i thought i was over it, i was feeling ok yesterday but today the pain came back and stabbed me in the heart. I feel like doing nothing.