LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 374 users in the forums

Is Harbaugh doing the best job of coaching ever ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
hes done fantastic this year but i will always remember this year for the reatrded look on schwartz's face

its the background of my computer
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Where are you sitting at?

Ill be in UR 58 row 7. cant wait.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Eli will take out his own coach with the INTs. Did you catch Coughlins' face several times this year when Eli threw some bonehead interceptions...

ill be the first to call out ELI when hes playing like crap. not this season. 4900 yards and 29 TD's. not to mention the 6 come from behind wins. Hes been playing lights out.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Drew Brees > Eli Manning (but Eli does have a better WR core)

Jimmy Graham > Jake Ballard

Sean Payton > Tom Coughlin

Yea we have gone against better opponents
yea only if it was that simple.
[ Edited by NYGFAN on Jan 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by NYGFAN:
Originally posted by Yunchang:
You must of missed last weeks game when the niners took out the ELITE Brees and the very good Sean Peyton.

u must have missed the 5 turnovers. Dont expect the same gifts from the giants

we dont expect any gifts, we take the ball away

He's great no doubt, but I honestly think we already had a talented team, we just had s**tTY coaching for years. Harbaugh was just able to put it all together.
Yes

/thread
Originally posted by Husker49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Yunchang:
You must of missed last weeks game when the niners took out the ELITE Brees and the very good Sean Peyton.

u must have missed the 5 turnovers. Dont expect the same gifts from the giants

we dont expect any gifts, we take the ball away

ask no quarter, give no quarter
I am a big Harbaugh fan and I think he has done a tremendous job. Bringing in his system, his staff and re-energizing and tweeking the roster. But it is hard to separate the talent we have had on the team the last couple years without considering the horrendous coaching jobs and the poor game-management skills of Singleberry and Nowin. Is Harbaugh that good, which I think he is, but were those two schmucks that bad. I think both are true.

Now to answer is Harhaugh having the greatest coaching season ever?

Yes, with an asterick*

*Two previous coaches were talentless ass-bags and could never hold a clip board for Harbaugh let alone match his HC pedigree or talent level. Also, let us not forget that those two should never have been Head Coaches in the first place.
[ Edited by MntIdaGold on Jan 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
Not until he drops his pants at halftime.

i like the guy and I think he has done an amazing job. But. To take out an ELIte QB like ELI and an very good HC like TC would be quite the feat. I just dont see it happening..

we already did that
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Eli will take out his own coach with the INTs. Did you catch Coughlins' face several times this year when Eli threw some bonehead interceptions...

ill be the first to call out ELI when hes playing like crap. not this season. 4900 yards and 29 TD's. not to mention the 6 come from behind wins. Hes been playing lights out.

I heard the other day that on 3rd downs in the playoffs he is 12 for 12... don't remember what the yardage was but that is sick. Speaking of sick... it sounds like his stomach thing may be going around... I believe its from watching film of the 9er def, but that just my opinion.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Its hard to argue against this being one of the greatest coaching jobs of all time. IF he can win the SB there is NO question in my opinion.

There were so many things going against him, but just being a rookie coach taking over a 6-10 team, and getting them to the NFC Championship alone is tremendous... throw in all the other factors, for him to completely turn around the losing mentality and get everyone to buy in in such a short amount of time is amazing.

1981 Bill Walsh
2011 Jim Harbaugh

Two of the greatest coaching single seasons in NFL history.
No, not the best. Mooch has an arguable claim to fame. Mooch won with a inherited good team, was dismantled because of the cap, and shortly rebuilt, won again and went the playoffs before getting fired.

To this day I am unsure why mooch was fired? I am glad Harbaugh broke the mooch curse.

Bill Walsh and maybe even Seifert come to mind as having incredible runs with different rosters during their tenure. I would say Harbaugh is in good company at this point.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fister30:
No, not the best. Mooch has an arguable claim to fame. Mooch won with a inherited good team, was dismantled because of the cap, and shortly rebuilt, won again and went the playoffs before getting fired.

To this day I am unsure why mooch was fired? I am glad Harbaugh broke the mooch curse.

Bill Walsh and maybe even Seifert come to mind as having incredible runs with different rosters during their tenure. I would say Harbaugh is in good company at this point.

This team is better than any team Mooch ever coached.
Share 49ersWebzone