There are 490 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Interesting stat

Yeah I know It was only through week 13 but it just goes to show you the production that we have been getting from our rookies. Chris Culliver is in the top 5 of cornerbacks in Yards per Pass, 2011 (through Week 13). A. Ross is in the bottom 12. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/early-look-2011-cb-charting
this actually reminds me of the 2007 Giants team that won the superbowl. can't remember all the rookies but they had a great draft that year and media kept talking about how something like 6 of their rookies were contributing in big ways.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Chris Culliver = solid 3 round pick.

I think he could be a starter in a few years.
he gave up alot of passes in the saints game but he was always there for the tackle
Nice stat. I love me some Cully. Ever since his days in college. Even if Gore.

However, in his games with the Niners, I see he is reluctant to smash down on the run plays to his side. The exact opposite of what Clements used to do. He is a good tackler in his form, but he waits on the back to get to him, which allows for more yards.

I prefer his skills any day over Clements just for the record, and that's saying we got a special player in Cully
Originally posted by Garcia:

we really did a great job drafting this year. aldon, kendall, and cully are all solid players.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

we really did a great job drafting this year. aldon, kendall, and cully are all solid players.

Hes got the physicality to cover the more imposing receivers in the NFL.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

Dont forget Bruce Miller!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he gave up alot of passes in the saints game but he was always there for the tackle

right, he has been beat several times this year, but he was in great position and the QB mde the perfect throw, reciever made a great catch. basically just undefendable. but he was there and made the best play he could.

if they can keep rogers, goldson, and possibly spencer the niners have a very deep DBackfield and except rogers they are young. then bowman, willis, aldon, and ray mc are locked up for a while justin smith should have another 3+ good years.
Culliver has a bright future.
Originally posted by gloryniner:
Yeah I know It was only through week 13 but it just goes to show you the production that we have been getting from our rookies. Chris Culliver is in the top 5 of cornerbacks in Yards per Pass, 2011 (through Week 13). A. Ross is in the bottom 12. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/early-look-2011-cb-charting

Ross has generally been a bust for the Giants. Not a great pick for where he was taken.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by gloryniner:

Ross has generally been a bust for the Giants. Not a great pick for where he was taken.

I hope Crabtree just bosses him up and stiff arms that scrub to the ground on the way to a TD run.
ala vs. St. Louis in week 17