There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*Fake tickets vs. Real*

So with the word getting around for the divisional that fakes were going around, I thought I'd ask...

What can one do to best protect themselves?

What do the hard tickets look like......and if its an email, what makes it legit?


I figure this would be good for folks like me and others who are now forced to scour other vendors after striking out with Ticketmaster
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,727
Originally posted by DonJulio:
So with the word getting around for the divisional that fakes were going around, I thought I'd ask...

What can one do to best protect themselves?

What do the hard tickets look like......and if its an email, what makes it legit?


I figure this would be good for folks like me and others who are now forced to scour other vendors after striking out with Ticketmaster

the only sure way is to buy from a credited vendor like ticketmaster, stubhub, NFL exchange, etc...
Originally posted by THEB:
the only sure way is to buy from a credited vendor like ticketmaster, stubhub, NFL exchange, etc...

I would go to www.49ers.com and select "tickets" on the menu bar and then "NFL Ticket Exchange" from the options. When you buy, they assign a new bar code and deactivate any priors. They also distribute the ticket by email so it's convenient for late purchases.
They're real and they're spectacular.
HELP!

I am going to meet someone to buy tickets after work today. I wanna make sure I don't get swindled. Thank you folks!
Originally posted by DonJulio:
HELP!

I am going to meet someone to buy tickets after work today. I wanna make sure I don't get swindled. Thank you folks!

nothing really you can check unless there is an obvious mistake like spelling, wrong dates?

you're just gonna have to go with it and hope for the best.

Post a pic on here with barcodes taken out
Originally posted by DonJulio:
HELP!

I am going to meet someone to buy tickets after work today. I wanna make sure I don't get swindled. Thank you folks!

Make sure you get a copy of their driver's license or other solid form of identity. If they don't comply, don't buy.
If you're buying from craigslist or something similar, have the exchange be done by them forwarding the tickets to you (if they're a season ticket holder) Guaranteed authenticity
Originally posted by DonJulio:
HELP!

I am going to meet someone to buy tickets after work today. I wanna make sure I don't get swindled. Thank you folks!

make sure you get their real name and phone number (Drivers license number), secondly make sure that you verify that the tickets are not voided. you can call the box office and give the ticket number and check.

When a ticket holder, such as a season ticket holder looses their tickets or have their tickets stolen. They can have the tickets reissued to them with a different bar code. The previous tickets get voided out and will no longer get the happy ring when you scan them to go in. Forged tickets are not normally photoshoped and reprented, they're actual tickets that have generally been stolen through the mail system.

At USC (S. Carolina) people working the the mail room would steal the season tickets sent out each year. It came to be that they would collect the season tickets that got returned via the mail. They then would go out and sell the hard tickets at games and such. Those tickets would be voided by game time by the season ticket holders having their address updated and new tickets being sent out.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Jan 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM ]
I bought 2 Tickets from a guy selling them outside of the Stadium, They were Dirt cheap but the guy looked real Nervous when he was talking to me, So I told him to come with me to the Gate, Give on ticket to my Boy, and If hes able to get in Ill give him the Cash, If not then he gets No Money..... the tickets turned out to b Legit and I got both Tickets.... I guess he was just a Nervous Guy!!!
Originally posted by MannySoFresh:
I bought 2 Tickets from a guy selling them outside of the Stadium, They were Dirt cheap but the guy looked real Nervous when he was talking to me, So I told him to come with me to the Gate, Give on ticket to my Boy, and If hes able to get in Ill give him the Cash, If not then he gets No Money..... the tickets turned out to b Legit and I got both Tickets.... I guess he was just a Nervous Guy!!!

This is another way to protect yourself.
Oh, tickets.
So, the guy I was supposed to meet...still has not called me back.

I'll bet he sold em to someone else or was able to get more money.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
So, the guy I was supposed to meet...still has not called me back.

I'll bet he sold em to someone else or was able to get more money.

Probably for the best.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
So, the guy I was supposed to meet...still has not called me back.

I'll bet he sold em to someone else or was able to get more money.

Time to pay him a visit !!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home