There are 292 users in the forums

Save the Stick!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Save the Stick!!!

They should transport the dirt and grass from candlestick and use it in the new stadium. So we will still have the historic field .
I have never seen so much mold on a professional stadium
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
They should transport the dirt and grass from candlestick and use it in the new stadium. So we will still have the historic field .

That is a brilliant, if expensive idea!
The clock is ticking for the Stick and rightly so. But the old lady still has some magic left and we need to milk it for all it's worth over the next three seasons before we start making new memories in the Santa Clara stadium.
Sorry, dude! Ain't going to happen.
Ima be pissed off if there is turf in our new home. I hate f**king fake ass turf. It's all about playing on grass and seeing dirt clogs in players facemasks! none of that players coming back up clean after a big hit. I wanna see some grass hanging off their helmets and uniforms.
Candlestick is an awesome location. We will just have to deal with an average looking stadium at an average location. Hope the team keeps dominating to make that better.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Ima be pissed off if there is turf in our new home. I hate f**king fake ass turf. It's all about playing on grass and seeing dirt clogs in players facemasks! none of that players coming back up clean after a big hit. I wanna see some grass hanging off their helmets and uniforms.

This. I really want it to be a grass stadium with an open roof. The Cardinals stadium in Glendale has a retractable roof but its f**king worthless because they never open the damn thing.

"Here we are in Glendale, Arizona, its November, the weather outside is 72 degrees and the roof is f**kING CLOSED!"

Don't even let that retractable BS be an option.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'm sure it will be grass. Eddie won't allow turf. That would be cool if they did bring the grass field over though
Originally posted by Joecool:
Candlestick is an awesome location. We will just have to deal with an average looking stadium at an average location. Hope the team keeps dominating to make that better.

I really like the stadium being right by the water, I always thought that was absolutely awesome.

• Chico
  • Veteran
The stadium being by the water is kind of an advantage for us. it's below sea level and it makes the field slippery. Seems like the stadium can be salvaged and it would be a LOT cheaper than building a new one. They really need to fix up the parking lot with all the pot holes, cracks, lumpy and puddles building up.

If we end up sharing with the Raiders you can bet it will be field turf so they can switch logo's and end zones quickly from week to week.
  • BMHo
  • Veteran
I would love it if they demo'ed it. Played somewhere else for a year. And come back to a brand new stadium there with better parking.
Originally posted by Chico:
The team can't move...i realize the Stick is old, ugly and needs repairs but a new stadium means higher ticket prices, PSL's (which is bulls**t!) Can't they just pump a few million into the stadium?

Candlestick has given me some of the best memories of my life and i hate to see it go...Saturday's game was just another great memory that makes me want to save our stadium!

thoughts?

Sorry, but if you want the team to remain competitive you need a new stadium. Just as much as I love Montana, when its his time or any players time you have to move on to keep competitive. Everything in life has a shelf life. A few million dollars is not going to do much.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

If we end up sharing with the Raiders you can bet it will be field turf so they can switch logo's and end zones quickly from week to week.

It will be a grass field. That has been widely reported. Logo switching is a non issue.
Share 49ersWebzone