There are 303 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Save the Stick!!!

Save the Stick!!!

Baby, the rain must fall! And so must the 'stick. The team needs anew stadium to remain competitive over the long haul.

But, when the time comes to install the field in the new stadium, here's one vote to roll-up that Candlestick turf and re-plant it in Santa Clara.

Blood, Sweat & Tears was a great band. Blood, Sweat & Turf would be a great theme for transplanting that old sod.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I used to think it'd be cool if they completely renovated and updated it like Lambeau field. But it's way too late for that now, everything is set for the new stadium to be built.

eh! you guys are right...i'm sad to see her go but i guess it's time! I thought we were going to name it after Eddie D or Bill Walsh? At least give it a cool name...i'd hate to see them call it "google park"
Originally posted by HessianDud:
name the new stadium "The Fortress."

As a fan that was there, I can tell you that's how it felt. The sea of red was indescribable. It was loud and the energy was off the charts. I remember saying to people around me, "This is the way it should be every game."

I was so proud. Unlike the Cowgirls game, there was no doubt it was our house....

I woke up the next moring and my throat still hurt, partly because al the screaming and partly because I had to help out Furlow at Alex Smiths house...LOL (inside joke).
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

As a fan that was there, I can tell you that's how it felt. The sea of red was indescribable. It was loud and the energy was off the charts. I remember saying to people around me, "This is the way it should be every game."

I was so proud. Unlike the Cowgirls game, there was no doubt it was our house....

I woke up the next moring and my throat still hurt, partly because al the screaming and partly because I had to help out Furlow at Alex Smiths house...LOL (inside joke).

so jealous.

especially of that last part.
no

Harbaugh already said Candlestick was like a fortress during the Saints game.
Originally posted by Youngb:

Harbaugh already said Candlestick was like a fortress during the Saints game.

lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
no

Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
There are TONS of memories at the Stick.
TONS of history.

But, its time for a new f**kin stadium lol

agreed
wish they'd just renovate, but that's not happening.
I grew up at the stick with the niners and the g's, but it is time. Having lived all over and been to bunches of stadiums, we need some serious updating.

It is time for a new one.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Level that f**ker to the ground, what a dump!! New stadium is gonna be closer to my house!!
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Level that f**ker to the ground, what a dump!! New stadium is gonna be closer to my house!!

Might be a "dump" but I love that place! I'm going to miss it big time when we get our new stadium! Also going to miss paying $250 each for season tickets
Originally posted by Chico:
The team can't move...i realize the Stick is old, ugly and needs repairs but a new stadium means higher ticket prices, PSL's (which is bulls**t!) Can't they just pump a few million into the stadium?

Candlestick has given me some of the best memories of my life and i hate to see it go...Saturday's game was just another great memory that makes me want to save our stadium!I

thoughts?

Candlestick is a baseball stadium and no amount of $$$ can renevate it into a football only stadium. I went to the Giants game earlier this season and my seats were completely covered by an oning.

It has awesome history, but its time to move on. The new stadium will be football only and all seats will be good.

At the very least, she gets to host one more NFC title game.
Will the new stadium have grass? If not, then I don't want it. Football should be played on grass only!!