LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Whose game was more impressive and should be more confident?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Whose game was more impressive and should be more confident?

• Silky
  • Veteran
Which team will be more confident and feels that their win was more impressive? I was thinking about this last night and it boggled my mind. To me, both teams wins were about as good as they come!
The Giant-Packer game was very sloppy. The Packers beat themselves more than the Giants did. How many drops did the Packers have? And some of the drops were between the numbers. The NY media is saying how fearsome the Giant sack attack is but the Pack has been hurting along the offensive line all year.Factor the tragedy of Coach Philbins' son and it does not play out too well in the Packs favor. The Saints had the premiere offense in the NFL and they were rolling. They put up 40 the way most teams put up 20. The 49ers are a complete team,and the first thing they do is take the run away which is still the way to beat a team in any era.
I hope you're not expecting unbiased voting on a 49ers forum.
Well both Green Bay's offense and New Orleans offenses are off the hook, but since the Saints defense is by far superior to the packers defense. I choose, the 49ers over the Saints!
Giants played Packers close during the regular season and Packers didn't show up for the Divisional Playoffs. I don't think the Giants got better, the Packers got worse.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Giant-Packer game was very sloppy. The Packers beat themselves more than the Giants did. How many drops did the Packers have? And some of the drops were between the numbers. The NY media is saying how fearsome the Giant sack attack is but the Pack has been hurting along the offensive line all year.Factor the tragedy of Coach Philbins' son and it does not play out too well in the Packs favor. The Saints had the premiere offense in the NFL and they were rolling. They put up 40 the way most teams put up 20. The 49ers are a complete team,and the first thing they do is take the run away which is still the way to beat a team in any era.

This.

With that said, both the NIners and Giants are in for a brawl next week. We are both complete teams that can hurt you on both sides of the ball. I do think we have the edge though. I dont think they have a TE as dangerous as Graham, so Willis will not be forced to man up all game on one person. That should leave Vic free to disguise some coverages with Bowman and be a little more aggressive with the blitz packages if need be.
if we were able to contain the Saints O (WR in particular) we SHOULD be able to handle the giants.
This is my somewhat unbiased opinion.. The Giants Beat the hell out of the Packers last night. Truthfully it could have been uglier than the final score if it wasn't for the refs. You can say that GB was rusty or played sloppy but this is the post season and they were the defending champs.. So no excuses from GB. What the Giants did was impressive. Eli looked Great, their defense was solid and forced turnovers. The dominated the game. Was our game more exciting?? Hell yes. And I'm taking anything away from what we accomplished, it was equally impressive. But our offense also feel asleep for 2 quarters.. We got it done, and just imagine how good we can be if we play 4 solid quarters off actual offense...
If the Niners had gone into Green Bay and beat them and the Giants had beaten the Saints the Poll would be flipped. I love the Niners but going into Green Bay and beating the sh!t out of the 15-1 defending Super Bowl champion Packers led by the MVP is more impressive.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The way much maligned Alex Smith played with the game on the line in the 4th quarter should give the 49ers all the confidence they need.

We beat the hottest team in the league.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Agree with this. The Saints have just been rolling for the last 2 months.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Agree with this. The Saints have just been rolling for the last 2 months.

They put up over 45 or more the prior three games before we whooped that ass.
GB was in a super funk, and I'm trying my hardest not to be bias, but that's how I saw it. The niners win was just magical.
Share 49ersWebzone