Who do you want in the Superbowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want in the Superbowl?

HB2

(HarBowl2)
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by father49er:
Too early

actually no....by the time the Niners play the Giants next Sunday the AFC Championship will be over (it's the early game) so now's as good as time as any to ask this poll

i guess, we've already beat the giants and harbaugh's preparing for the superbowl.
IF we go to the SB and would lose I would rather lose to the Ravens. I respect them more plus they would only have 2 SB compared to the Patriots who would be at 4 if they win then plus Brady would tie Montana at 4. If we went and won I'd probably get more satisfaction out of beating the Patriots though. It's hard to say who we match up better against because we are so similar to the Ravens and we just took out a team like the Patriots but they are electric on offense. Not sure I would want to play Tom Brady who grew up a 9ers fan, was at the catch with his dad who had season tickets for 26 years. He's going to want to beat us bad. Not like we won't want to win but I don't know.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]
most the pats fans want to play the 49ers because they believe that brady could beat us.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/884806-omg-steelers-out-saints-out-packers-out-page10.html

Keyser Söze :I'd be so damn confident if we faced Sanfran in the SB. Smith does not scare me at all. They have a good defense but advantage still goes to Brady.
IF we beat the Giants on Sunday, I'll take my chances with the Ravens. The Ravens offense lives and dies with Ray Rice and we stopped him last time. I'm not so sure we'd be able to contain a 2-TE set like New England's the entire game.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
most the pats fans want to play the 49ers because they believe that brady could beat us.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/884806-omg-steelers-out-saints-out-packers-out-page10.html

Keyser Söze :I'd be so damn confident if we faced Sanfran in the SB. Smith does not scare me at all. They have a good defense but advantage still goes to Brady.

typical east coast snoberry/cluelessness regarding us:

i would have liked to see the giants lose myself. they have the ability to get pressure on the qb without blitzing. that keeps me up nights.
  • boqi
  • Veteran
I think we'd have a really tough time against the Patriots (rather than the Ravens). Tom Brady's gunslinging arm is a lot like Brees', and he stands a few inches taller too. I trust our secondary but you saw how close that Saints game was...wouldn't want a repeat of that, with the potential for us to be on the losing side.

Ravens could be a challenge too, not because they're a better team than us (our offense is better than theirs), but because Big Brother Harbs might get inside little brother's mind. I think we might be safe though, cause I think Jim got past that on Thanksgiving.

But a Ravens-Niners SuperBowl would be cool. It'd be Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh. Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor.
[ Edited by boqi on Jan 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM ]
Torn, part of me wants Baltimore, for a harbaugh bowl 2, but the other part wants NE, to be the best you gotta beat the best.

New England is better offense, weaker defense, while Baltimore is better defense, weaker offense.
Don't care. I'm gonna go cycling during the Patriots vs Ravens game.
after further reading of that horrid patriots message board (and feeling dumber for doing so) i REALLY want to smash that entire franchise and their arrogant fanbase in the mouth!

most ravens fans actually respect us, probably cos of the obvious harbaugh connection and seeing us firsthand on thanksgiving. dunno if they can overcome brady on the road after losing ed reed tho...

Who needs the Super Bowl when you can have Har-Bowl 2!
Please don't get cocky and assume we have already beat the Giants.

Most people thought Green Bay would win this week as well.
Let's get the Patriots. Ravens and 49ers are too much alike a little!
Ravens! I want revenge for the Thanksgiving game. That was one of the more painful games I watched. I spent it at my mother in laws house who was having a Thanksgiving party. One of the guests was a bookie who convinced me to bet on the game. Innocent enough. To my surprise, I was the only one at the party that was rooting for the Niners because everyone else had bet against them. So I had to endure the cheering as my beloved team got man handled. Very painful! It was even worse because I'm a fan and the opposition was cheering to make some money.
[ Edited by jojonavy on Jan 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM ]
what's up with your wife's family? One of the guest was a bookie. With the Giants playing the 49ers next and Mongo Slade being from New York I'm sure Mongo Slade would like to place a bet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v0Fc9zaB-s8

Originally posted by jojonavy:
Ravens! I want revenge for the Thanksgiving game. That was one of the more painful games I watched. I spent it at my mother in laws house who was having a Thanksgiving party. One of the guests was a bookie who convinced me to bet on the game. Innocent enough. To my surprise, I was the only one at the party that was rooting for the Niners because everyone else had bet against them. So I had to endure the cheering as my beloved team got man handled. Very painful! It was even worse because I'm a fan and the opposition was cheering to make some money.
[ Edited by TXNinerFan52 on Jan 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone