There are 323 users in the forums

The greatest game I have ever witnessed.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Garce
  • Veteran
This was the not only the greatest 49er game I have seen, just simply the greatest NFL Playoff game I ever seen. Even Boomer Esiason agrees.

Friday night I am hanging out with my buddies shooting the Brees. (lol)

My friend shows up and we start talking and he shows me his phone. The 'StubHub' app and tickets to the 49er game for $140 are lit up on the screen. I told him, I wasn't I sure I could go because I didn't have the money. But he convinced me and I used to winnings from fantasy football to get me there. After tailgating with my best friend and his dad, who have had season tickets for 30 years, he said that there are two season ticket holders who sit next to them that never show up. So we took a chance that they wouldn't show and they didn't.

It was a phenomenal game.
The crowd was into it. Full of twists and turns.

I thought they should have called a naked bootleg on 3rd and 7 when Alex was driving with 4 minutes left. Alex came out in the shotgun so I was curious what they would call. Turned out this was the playcall of the game. New Orleans blitzed the right side and Alex took off sprinting down the left sideline with Joe Staley leading the way. As he sprinted into the endzone and his teammates hugged him, I jumped up and down, screamed, and celebrated.

Straight up euphoria. What a moment.

But when Brees hit Jimmy Graham on that 66 Yarder with 1:37 left. It was the polar opposite feeling. The entire stadium had been let down. The one New Orleans fan that was near us left after that play, thinking the game was the Saints to win. I looked at my friends dad, he sat down in his seat, looking as depressed as I have ever seen him. I felt like the hearts had been ripped out of everyone at that moment.

But when Alex Smith lead the 49ers down the field with a 1:37 to go, without using a timeout, and hit Vernon Davis for the winning touchdown. It was literally one of the most incredible experiences and feelings I have ever been a part of. There was just something magical about that moment. A moment that just doesn't come around very often. You can kind of relate that to Alex Smith, how many guys would have stuck around here after how the fans, coaches and front office has treated him? As Harbaugh put it, he's a man with "Rare and Extinct Qualities".

When I tell my friends a common phrase I would say is .. "I can't even describe how it was being there"... and it's true. Seeing the highlights on TV just doesn't give the game justice.

This was an incredible game and I got to be there by random chance, in a seat I wasn't supposed to be, in a game no one thought the 49ers would be in.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jan 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM ]
Nice story mate, I've been to Candlestick once before in 2009 v Bears (hard to get to the games, living in New Zealand...) I watched the game on TV and felt as if I was back there for that game. The atmosphere at the stick sounded incredible!

What a game.... I'm still fizzing about it!

Keep the game stories coming!
Wow, that's good to hear from a fan that was there. I, even being at home and watching it was unbelievable! Sunday's home game will be too epic? BTW, how much do you think ticketmaster will sell the tickets for?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Apprentice_49:
Wow, that's good to hear from a fan that was there. I, even being at home and watching it was unbelievable! Sunday's home game will be too epic? BTW, how much do you think ticketmaster will sell the tickets for?

I have no idea. Probably double with a mean around $250 or so.

It was kind of funny, I spent the night at my friends house in SF, I live in Sacramento, and I woke up after a night of drinking at 6:00am with NO HANGOVER.
From that point I knew it was going to be a good day.

I burst into my friends room playing the song from old NFL Films on my iphone:

on the way there in the car I was bumping this:

SO f**kING EPIC
From a less biased opinion yes. Congrats on winning the best playoff game I've ever seen. I would say the saints Seahawks game last year but hey I want to make some 49er fan friends here. good luck Sunday!
my first and only niner game at the stick was in 2005 when Alex Smith started his first game vs the colts...i was on my honey moon in San Francisco...my wife planned the wedding around that game...married friday left saturday on flight and game on sunday, spent the week in san francisco...was a great place.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jetfan:
From a less biased opinion yes. Congrats on winning the best playoff game I've ever seen. I would say the saints Seahawks game last year but hey I want to make some 49er fan friends here. good luck Sunday!

That was a great game too.

But the history with this franchise, alex and vernon... Alex's TD Run and Vernons record setting day... the defense vs. the Greatest Offense in NFL history.. The underdog 49ers, first time since 82.

4 lead changes in 4 minutes... Just amazing. This takes the cake over the seattle game.
At the very least it was an incredible game. The smith run had me jumping! I've always liked smith and you've got to be a hater to not praise the game he had yesterday. And against Brees over there too!
When they scored those two TD's , I Knew we would answer ! and we did !
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I am a little confused here. Season tickets don't include playoff games, right? So someone had to specifically buy the ticket for that game, and then not show up for you to sit next to your friends?

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
I am a little confused here. Season tickets don't include playoff games, right? So someone had to specifically buy the ticket for that game, and then not show up for you to sit next to your friends?

I don't know.
I don't ask questions like that. lol.
Originally posted by Jetfan:

Seahawks game was definitely good, but the 4 lead changes in the last 4 minutes did it for me

And welcome!
Originally posted by Garcia:

I don't know.
I don't ask questions like that. lol.

lol. f**k it!

Like they said on the radio, there stadium attendance was about 70,000 but there's gonna be 150,000 fans claiming they were at the game lol
Jealous, wish I was there..:/.
Share 49ersWebzone