LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

KNBR radio broadcast

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone know where I can get that online? Driving home they had the replay of the call of the last TD. Not going to lie I choked up...it was epic. To hear ED yell he's got him and then scream yaaaaaaa was very emotional.
listened to it multiple times already

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d82600724/QB-Smith-to-TE-Davis-14-yd-pass-TD
Eric Davis, COME ON MAN! learn when to control ur emotions/stfu
that brings a chill and a huge smile to me
Amazing. Just wish it was Starkey. That would have sealed the day.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Could've been worse.

"Can you feel it Candlestick!?!?" Not bad Ted. Not bad at all.

I hope you are joking...
It was a good radio call.

Gave me chills.
Great call.

Almost choked up listening to that.
Watching that video with tthe call I noticed that after the catch as Alex is walking away, it looks like he's talking some trash to the No players. I like it!

• okdkid
  • Veteran

What?!

He couldn't have done it any better.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I hope you are joking...

a good color commentator knows when to step back and let the play-by-play guy make the call....strikes too much of homerism and upstages and ruins the playcall when your color guy telegraphs the successful play with "he's got it!" half a second before the TD catch and then whoops and hollers like that...all the memorable Niners radio soundbites from the past it was just Starkey...the past color commentators like Plummer and Wayne Walker knew it was better to be silent rather than have two guys yelling over each other which on second hearing sounds muddled and uprofessional.

but hey, this was the 1st Niners playoff win in nearly a decade so I'll cut Eric Davis some slack...this one time
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I hope you are joking...

a good color commentator knows when to step back and let the play-by-play guy make the call....strikes too much of homerism and upstages and ruins the playcall when your color guy telegraphs the successful play with "he's got it!" half a second before the TD catch and then whoops and hollers like that...all the memorable Niners radio soundbites from the past it was just Starkey...the past color commentators like Plummer and Wayne Walker knew it was better to be silent rather than have two guys yelling over each other which on second hearing sounds muddled and uprofessional.

but hey, this was the 1st Niners playoff win in nearly a decade so I'll cut Eric Davis some slack...this one time

Old man alert.
I wish I could listen to the KNBR broadcast while watching the game, but here in L.A. all we get is the Westwood coverage.

Gad dam man how the hell can you say that "smacks of homerism?"
I'll tell you what smacks of homerism:
i live in Vikings territory where the radio commentators routinely make calls like the one eric davis just did, for four yard first down gains.
not a td catch to win the first playoff game in 10000 years against a record breaking (blah blah blah) team mind you....no, a FOUR YARD GAIN.

Eric davis kept it mild man. that was amazing. enjoy it
Share 49ersWebzone