There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Overlooked aspect of the game

The refs did a great job today and got every call right. They let the players settle the game!
f**k the refs!
I agree. For once there wasn't crappy calls against or for us. One of the best called games that I can remember.
don't think the 'aints were even ever penalized...hmmmmmm....

@ least they let them play for the most part (both teams came close to coming to blows)
I think I saw, 3 Flags total, all on us, Saints had no penalties.

I thought the whitner PI was bs. But I guess it was ok, we got the turnover.
There was rampant holding of our D linemen. Totally went uncalled.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

+1 But thats why their guards go to the pro-bowl because they have somehow found a way to make it so the refs don't call it. it was actually worse last week, Justin Smith was too much for them to be effective with it today

Justin Smith's throat has been fair game all season. I believe it's called the "Jack the Ripper" rule.

mainly the one i saw was on Justin Smith when he grabbed brees by the back of the neck after pushing the lineman into him. then he tackled them both lol, but i bet there was alot more
  • fryet
  • Veteran
PI call on Whitner was bogus.
Helmet to helmet sack of Smith was not called.
There were a couple of times that they could have called holding on the Saints O.

I don't think the refs did a good job - fortunately, we won anyway.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
don't think the 'aints were even ever penalized...hmmmmmm....

@ least they let them play for the most part (both teams came close to coming to blows)

do you remember when alex ran for that td and they reviewed it. they tooook a loooooong time to look at it and make the call, there was 11 players on the field and he didnt run out of bounds. i told my brother that it just seemed like they were trying to find anything they could to over rule that play. i watch a lot of games and it seemed that way for the aints all season. case in point that fumble that the lions recovered and could have run for the td. but the whistle blew early, and that happened on a couple of plays this game that were iffy on whether they were fumbles or not.
They did an ok job and stayed quiet in the game for the most part.
I'm happy that they didn't go flag happy.
Championship game tix in lambaeu email jrued@gmail
Refs did a good job. They let the players play which was nice.