There are 157 users in the forums

The Run

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Of course if Steve Young was in that situation he would have had to juke 4 different players, and then stumble on the last 10 yards into the endzone.
I think we need to find a way to tie those two play together. Like the run n gun? Really it was like one huge moment. Like yeah he ran in to win it but people just weren't going to believe unless he could do it again.And he did.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
A clutch run by a clutch player.
I dont know if Roman or Harbaugh called for the play but it was pure brillance.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Of course if Steve Young was in that situation he would have had to juke 4 different players, and then stumble on the last 10 yards into the endzone.

style points baby!
Alex Smith...you are the man!!!
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I hate to admit it, but that's my favorite part of the play. He looked like a man possessed.

I did some calculations, and Joe ran approximately a 4.27 40

I was hoping someone did this extrapolation . The big b*****d was running on an obscene level of reckless abandon
still a bust

[ Edited by defenderDX on Jan 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM ]
CLUTCH
The real brillance of this play was the call itself and the block of Staley. Really, it wasnt a tough play for Alex. All he had to do what not fall down and not run out of bounds. The blocking was amazing.

When I think of Alex in this game I will think of the last 2 throws to Vernon Davis. Joe Montana couldnt have done it better.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM ]

do any of you remember the run steve young like this in the 94 NFC champ game against the Cowboys?
Amazing run and blocking!

Really hope your right about it changing Alex bro!!
Kyle Williams deserves credit. If he doesn't hit Will Smith the play doesn't even get going. It was our season in a nutshell. Everyone doing their job and making IT happen
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
I did some calculations, and Joe ran approximately a 4.27 40

Holy Smokes!!!

Way to go big fella!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
CLUTCH

CLUTCH!!!!!!!!! Is right, what a game. Loved this from another thread: "the hero's march".
Share 49ersWebzone