There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Run

• fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
While I know our obsession around here seems to focus on game-winning catches. I want to think outside of the box on this one. It was 3rd and 7, Alex runs it in from 28 yards out. The score is 24-23 New Orleans at that point in the game.

Here is the link to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mSgUnIq7yx0

That run did something to Alex, I cannot explain it. Those of you who watched the game know what I am talking about. We all go through moments in our life where we change. This was his moment. I am telling you, he is different. And I know for a fact that somewhere, Steve Young is smiling. Because Steve loves talking about QBs that have moxie. Alex has it. He has shown it. Steve can especially appreciate this because of his own struggles and turmoil as he fought to earn the respect of the fan base, and more importantly, himself. And it is fitting that in an organization that has had two excellent hall of fame QBs that Alex proved himself not once, but twice.
[ Edited by fropwns on Jan 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
I am just so happy for this kid.
That play was beautiful. He made it look easy. His confidence has to be through the roof right now
Originally posted by fropwns:

This
YESSS!!!!!!
It's going to be overlooked next to the Catch III, but f**k was Alex clutch.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
It's going to be overlooked next to the Catch III, but f**k was Alex clutch.

I shall never doubt Alex Smith again.
You know, you're right. His confidence on that last drive was palpable. He didn't look like a guy that was playing to tie the game, he looked like he as dead set on making the kill.
The run was out did by the hero's march
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Well surely it should be the run 2? I mean Steve Young broke off a pretty decent effort back in the day.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by fropwns:

This

That.
I would love to watch the last 2 drives again. I was so caught up in emotion. But I wish I could sit back and fully enjoy it now that I know the outcome.
Ya Can't wait for NFL replay this week
Originally posted by Envy:
Well surely it should be the run 2? I mean Steve Young broke off a pretty decent effort back in the day.

Fair point, and a good one. But I'm content to just enjoy the moment for what it is and leave the historian stuff for the off season. Plenty of time for that then.
That run reminded me of the run Garcia had against the Giants in our wild card game....huge play.