There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

THE CATCH 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
So is it "The Catch III" or "The Grab?"

Vernon himself came up with the latter.





The play, which Davis branded "The Grab,"..........

Its "The Catch 3". the grab sounds dumb. I think he just didnt want to put himself on a pedestal.

Evan as it was happening, I was thinking "holy crap, this is the Catch 3." it was so similar to the Catch 2, it was eerie.

This. "The Grab" sounds lame, and so many of us were already saying "The Catch III" when the play happened.
Originally posted by kodiak9er:
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Vernon got tired of all the media sucking off Jimmy Graham and wanted to prove that he is still a beast.

well he did lol big time

Vernon played like a man possessed. I was at the game and I knew he was going to show up big time just from watching him during pre game warm ups. The way he was coming off the line...something I have never seen before from him. I think this might be a turning point in his career as a pass catcher, sort of like the 2009 season.

In Vernon I trust.
It's The Catch III. What matters is what the fans want to call it, and I'm sure The Catch III is the general consensus.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by kodiak9er:
Originally posted by DFW49erFan:
I think that's the perfect eff you to Mr. Dukes, courtesy of Alex Smith

f that chump, this whas the greatest moment ever, i had 15 people over for this game and i cried in front of all of them. my son was born 2 days ago and the niners do this ARE YOU KIDDING MEE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whos got it better!

Congratulations man...now name him Alex Vernon.

lol thanks for the congrats, but we named him after my 2 best friends i lost when i was in iraq. but ill ask my wife lol
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by kodiak9er:
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Vernon got tired of all the media sucking off Jimmy Graham and wanted to prove that he is still a beast.

well he did lol big time

Vernon played like a man possessed. I was at the game and I knew he was going to show up big time just from watching him during pre game warm ups. The way he was coming off the line...something I have never seen before from him. I think this might be a turning point in his career as a pass catcher, sort of like the 2009 season.

In Vernon I trust.

a turning point for alex smith too. a whole offseason in this system and harbs a CO. coaching these guys with the chemistry they have and now the confidence!
Originally posted by kodiak9er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by kodiak9er:
Originally posted by DFW49erFan:
I think that's the perfect eff you to Mr. Dukes, courtesy of Alex Smith

f that chump, this whas the greatest moment ever, i had 15 people over for this game and i cried in front of all of them. my son was born 2 days ago and the niners do this ARE YOU KIDDING MEE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whos got it better!

Congratulations man...now name him Alex Vernon.

lol thanks for the congrats, but we named him after my 2 best friends i lost when i was in iraq. but ill ask my wife lol

lol just told my wife and she yelled at me and said"WTF are you talking about, his middle name is willis" lol how could i forget, jordan willis, and my other son is jacob davis
[ Edited by kodiak9er on Jan 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,334
Not sure if it has the same impact as the other 2 as we were only down by 3. If it fails we still have an easy FG to send the game to overtime.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,359
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
We had the new classic, "THE RUN" and "THE CATCH 2"

Don't forget ''THE BLOCK'' from Joe Staley on ''The Run 2'' from Alex Smith!
Originally posted by BobS:
Not sure if it has the same impact as the other 2 as we were only down by 3. If it fails we still have an easy FG to send the game to overtime.

and there's no guarantee we win, especially with how gassed the D was. I don't know about you, but I felt that was the game right there. I'm not not even going to bother talking about the players themselves since we all know what they've went through to get to this point.
I read an article online that this stage was too big for my 9ers!!! The writer implied they didn' have what it takes to beat the Saints.......

He was dead wrong and I hope he follows up with some type of rebuttal...... but he probably won't......

The Catch3 will live forever to remind all the neysayers how wrong they were about the 9ers!!!

9ers Forever!!!!
Originally posted by captveg:
It's The Catch III. What matters is what the fans want to call it, and I'm sure The Catch III is the general consensus.

It's the Catch III, as a nod to our team's playoff history.
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for awol36.
Wheres the pics of the catch 3? happer laid there like a dead fish when davis went threw him. im still numb...
I couldn't sleep last night after watching "The Catch III" play out in my head over and over!!! It's a amazing feeling the 9ers nation got to feel yesterday, but our goal isn't over yet let's finish this amazing season off with a superbowl victory!!!


9ers 4 life!!!
I dont know, I feel that should be called the "Drive 2". 1:32 left on the clock, at the 15 or whatever and down by 3 with only one timeout.....sounds like a drive to me. Go Niners!!!
Originally posted by awol36:
Wheres the pics of the catch 3? happer laid there like a dead fish when davis went threw him. im still numb...



^ best one i've found so far (all the others he's already caught it or the angle's wrong....pardon the watermark, and no they aren't mine)
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home