LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

THE CATCH 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Another thing

I think it's absolutely beautiful that Alex and the 2011 49ers get to experience that magic moment

Montana to Clark

Young to Owens (Rice was there to see it)

Garcia's epic comeback

Alex to Vernon

I mean, talk about a common bond that brings four generations of Niner teams together

Just beautiful

Well Said
  • kray28
  • Veteran
That play was nearly identical to the Catch II. Same end zone, same part of the field, even near the same amount of time left. Only thing missing was Steve's stumble on the drop back.
[ Edited by kray28 on Jan 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM ]
Originally posted by DFW49erFan:
I think that's the perfect eff you to Mr. Dukes, courtesy of Alex Smith

f that chump, this whas the greatest moment ever, i had 15 people over for this game and i cried in front of all of them. my son was born 2 days ago and the niners do this ARE YOU KIDDING MEE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whos got it better!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Another thing

I think it's absolutely beautiful that Alex and the 2011 49ers get to experience that magic moment

Montana to Clark

Garcia's epic comeback

Alex to Vernon

I mean, talk about a common bond that brings four generations of Niner teams together

Just beautiful

Well Said

thank you for that
So where is the freak'n .GIF of the Catch 3
Originally posted by kray28:
That play was nearly identical to the Catch II. Same end zone, same part of the field, even near the same amount of time left. Only thing missing was Steve's stumble on the drop back.

YES! I kept screaming "Owens Owens Owens" as soon as it happened!
I wasn't listening to the radio, but I envision Ted Robinson yelling "DAVIS!!!! DAVIS!!!!! DAVIS!!!!!" What was he saying when Davis caught it?
My goodness.
I dunno, I kinda think it was too awesome to be #3 anything. The play deserves its own unique name.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Last five minutes was nothing short of amazing though. 28 pts scored by both teams

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So where is the freak'n .GIF of the Catch 3

Please somebody make a gif. I'm also waiting for a pic to put on my desktop.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I dunno, I kinda think it was too awesome to be #3 anything. The play deserves its own unique name.

If the Owens catch can be The Catch II, this can be The Catch III.

Hell, Owens catch meant more since the Packers were knocking us out of the playoffs consistently, the Saints were just beating us in the regular season.
Originally posted by kodiak9er:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Another thing

Montana to Clark

Garcia's epic comeback

Alex to Vernon

Just beautiful

Well Said

thank you for that

All that AND five world championships

We're the luckiest sports fans in the universe, my friends
The Catch III. Alex Smith ladies and gentlemen. Whooooooooooose got it better than us ?
Vernon got tired of all the media sucking off Jimmy Graham and wanted to prove that he is still a beast.
Share 49ersWebzone