There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Staley's contract inquiry

...Oh also Stevie Johnson is due to make 6 million next year. His production may or may not justify that kind of salary. We'll see.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
...Oh also Stevie Johnson is due to make 6 million next year. His production may or may not justify that kind of salary. We'll see.

If Stevie has a good year, I expect them to restructure and extend Johnson's deal, to free up cap room.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
We will win the Superbowl and Cowboy & Boldin will retire . . . problem solved

Also, Lemonier needs to steal Brooks' job so the Niners can trade or cut his salary IMO. 8.35 million.

I'm also hoping Antoine Bethea is a 1-year rental. His 2015 salary is 4.75 million.

Craig Dahl might be gone THIS offseason; I seriously doubt he'll be around in 2015, and he's due to make 2 mil'.

Johnathan Martin makes a million; he might not even make the team (he probably will though).

Then there are a few players I think the Niners could afford to trade like Ian Williams & Lamichael James. That'd be 3.5 million for both of them.

So if Jonathan Martin is the only guy I mentioned on the 2015 roster, they can free up 18.75 million even if Boldin & Justin Smith stick around.

Good points!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
We will win the Superbowl and Cowboy & Boldin will retire . . . problem solved

Also, Lemonier needs to steal Brooks' job so the Niners can trade or cut his salary IMO. 8.35 million.

I'm also hoping Antoine Bethea is a 1-year rental. His 2015 salary is 4.75 million.

Craig Dahl might be gone THIS offseason; I seriously doubt he'll be around in 2015, and he's due to make 2 mil'.

Johnathan Martin makes a million; he might not even make the team (he probably will though).

Then there are a few players I think the Niners could afford to trade like Ian Williams & Lamichael James. That'd be 3.5 million for both of them.

So if Jonathan Martin is the only guy I mentioned on the 2015 roster, they can free up 18.75 million even if Boldin & Justin Smith stick around.

Good points!

Plus won't the cap go up next year? As will Kaep's salary

I have full faith in our FO to keep a competitive team out there.

Still, locking down a franchise QB and LT for 6+ years (thanks Pillbusta ) is huge. Now we need Aldon's issues to rectify themselves and get him on a long term deal too!
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 21m

#49ers must decide Joe Staley's $6M 2018 option on 4/1/15. They decide his $4M 2019 option on 4/1/16. Base salaries for both years: $4.8M

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 23m

Got details of #49ers T Joe Staley's complex extension: Adds 2 option years for a total of $18.8M. Can be worth $23.2M if he hits incentives
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet � 21m

#49ers must decide Joe Staley's $6M 2018 option on 4/1/15. They decide his $4M 2019 option on 4/1/16. Base salaries for both years: $4.8M

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet � 23m

Got details of #49ers T Joe Staley's complex extension: Adds 2 option years for a total of $18.8M. Can be worth $23.2M if he hits incentives

So the FO has to decide on picking up his contract 3 years before?
Love Staley and this extension...BUT
Is it me, or does this seem like a giant F you to Boone and Davis???
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Love Staley and this extension...BUT
Is it me, or does this seem like a giant F you to Boone and Davis???

No its a giant 'GET YO ASS TO CAMP' sign.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Is it me, or does this seem like a giant F you to Boone and Davis???

Yes!
http://ninercaphell.com/2014/07/21/early-details-joe-staleys-extension/

Received $6M option bonus in 2015, $4M option bonus in 2016, and $2M raise on his 2017 base salary.

Also new base salaries of $4.8M in 2018 and 2019, like Albert Breer reported.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Love Staley and this extension...BUT
Is it me, or does this seem like a giant F you to Boone and Davis???

It's definitely not an F U, but they are making it clear that they will not negotiate with players during a hold-out. I'm glad they are not willing to budge, because once you set a precedent, other players will take advantage. I see this more as a, "we reward guys who are patient and are deserving."