LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

PLAYOFF Week 2: Thoughts BEFORE the game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great job Marvin!

But you forgot Andy Lee and special teams, the field position game is so overlooked in this match up. Andy Lee needs to pin the Saints offense deep to help our defense.

To me, Andy Lee is a big reason why 49ers defense has been so good.
What does it matter, we shouldn't even come out of the locker room
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What does it matter, we shouldn't even come out of the locker room

sounds like it, and some of those aints posts talking about the media being all over the niners.....that guy is delirious. there is alot of coverage on nfl ntwork, but its all about how the saints are going to light up this defense. i cant stand the ex-players as analysts, they are ignorant and biased. by their estimates we shouldnt even show up cuz we are apparently going to get passed on all day and wont stop their rushing attack...........
They are right about one thing, our pass defense does suck.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Loco49er:

Originally posted by Loco49er:

I disagree. While a 16th ranked Pass Defense is nothing to get excited about keep in mind that the 49ers are ranked 3rd in Interceptions. True teams gain alot of yards through the air against us but teams rarely find the endzone. In order to be the hardest defense in all of football to score on your secondary must be doing somthing right.

Our secondary consists of two pro bowlers (Goldson & Rogers). I am not saying that our secondary is amazing only that your claim that it sucks is completely off base.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goodthings19:
I disagree. While a 16th ranked Pass Defense is nothing to get excited about keep in mind that the 49ers are ranked 3rd in Interceptions. True teams gain alot of yards through the air against us but teams rarely find the endzone. In order to be the hardest defense in all of football to score on your secondary must be doing somthing right.

Our secondary consists of two pro bowlers (Goldson & Rogers). I am not saying that our secondary is amazing only that your claim that it sucks is completely off base.

I agree with you on this. The saints will probably move the ball and get their yards through the air in between the 20's, but whats made our defense tops in the league is keeping teams from scoring TD's, ESPECIALLY AT HOME! Aside from the Dallas game, no one has scored more than the Giants did and we won that game. Everyone is always pointing out the top rushing D that we have but they hardly point out the points allowed stat. Yeah the Saints offense overshadows that stat, but have they faced a defense with a top points allowed stat? And that team is playing at home? NO!

If the Saints are going to want to score they will have to do it from outside the 20's which they are good at, but I can bet the safeties do not let anyone run passed them for a deep ball. Let the front 7 work their area and let the secondary take care of their area. The niner D must not get sucked up by the play action because Brees excels in that.
Great post marvin. As always. I look forward to your post game notes and your NFC championship Pre Game notes!
Great post marvin. As always. I look forward to your post game notes and your NFC championship Pre Game notes!
Well Skip Clueless ..just picked y'all...your doomed...lol

Originally posted by Stratoblaster:

Jason La Canfora picked you guys lol
Originally posted by Stratoblaster:

The oddsmakers give the Saints ONLY 3.5,
wow what a big disrespect to their high octane offense...

Who dat?
duh dat dem big NINERS D comin atcha!!

gO 49ers!!!

Originally posted by Byisgod:
Marvin, you are the best poster on the zone. Just sayin'.

^ definitely one of my favorites. Enjoyed it!
Originally posted by Marvin49:

A few of the things I heard...
"49ers pass D sucks!!!"
"49ers haven't played any good QBs and the OK ones they did play torched them"
"Saints will have NO PROBLEM running the ball"
"Pierre Thomas looks like Walter Payton"
"Reggie beat Willis on that TD pass last year...no way he can stay with Sproles"
"Sick of this #1 D talk, they aren't even good"
"Texans have a MUCH better D and we beat the crap out of them"
"We get no respect!! Media all over the 49ers!!" (Seriously?....Home dogs in the divisional round? Are you on drugs?)
"We handled Allen and Mario Williams....Aldon is nothing compared to them"
"You have never seen an O like this" (uh...vice versa true as well homey)
"We have 3 Pro Bowl Linemen...you won't get pressure and we'll run all day" (So? We have 3 All-Pros and a DROY candidate in the front 7. Next)

The more scared fans are, the more you hear stuff like this, they just try to cover it up with boasting and chest thrusting. They just can't admit they afraid their team is gonna lose, even to themselves.
Anyone have the inside scoop on injuries?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries lists Walker, K Williams, and T Ginn as questionable.
Having all 3 of those guys saturday would help the Offense tremendously.
Share 49ersWebzone