There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where is all our support in the city for the 49ers??

Perhaps it's different with me being a foreigner, but I detected plenty of excitement during my Monday stopover at SFO on my way to Canada (I'll be back on Friday and in Candlestick on Saturday). There were 49ers colours worn by numerous people in the airport, and even the shuttle driver gave us a "Go Niners!" (to universal applause) on our way to the hotel.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Saturday, 1/3rd of the stadium will be filled with Saints fans. book it.


way to stay positive! tickets sold out within 7 minutes as soon as they came out and jed york has already said its almost impossible to get tickets now, and last year there was not that many saint fans at the stick
Anybody who thinks the city doesn't support its teams was not around in 2010 when the Giants made their world series run. That was the craziest I have seen it in forever.
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
way to stay positive! tickets sold out within 7 minutes as soon as they came out and jed york has already said its almost impossible to get tickets now, and last year there was not that many saint fans at the stick

You can get playoff tickets online for $150 right now.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
way to stay positive! tickets sold out within 7 minutes as soon as they came out and jed york has already said its almost impossible to get tickets now, and last year there was not that many saint fans at the stick

You can get playoff tickets online for $150 right now.

I was just gonna say to the left and right of this screen I see an advertisement for "click here for tickets".
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
You can get playoff tickets online for $150 right now.

where?

they were 130 three weeks ago and i was considering getting them

im kicking myself now
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Anybody who thinks the city doesn't support its teams was not around in 2010 when the Giants made their world series run. That was the craziest I have seen it in forever.

Topic says support 49ers, not giants.
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Jan 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
where?

they were 130 three weeks ago and i was considering getting them

im kicking myself now

Check razorgator
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
where?

they were 130 three weeks ago and i was considering getting them

im kicking myself now

Check razorgator

razor charges a processing fee for each ticket..rip off
Well i think it's a little bit of everything with the entire city.

The fan base has been great and horrible. I'm a 49er fan for life, whether we are winning or losing. With those losing seasons, i still tried to watch every game, and support every player. Whether they suck or not cuz they are my niners. But in reality we cant say the same for the overall fan base.

Do most still support whether we are winning or losing. If we went 3-13 this year, would most still support.

We were 13-3, and why are we still having convo's about who cant do this or that. We embarrased ourselves on national tv with that We Want Carr crap a while ago.

Some of our fan base is quick to point out the reality of the QB 95% of the time, while forgetting it's a team game. One of the only fan bases where i have heard on ESPN, NFL network, and from reporters, telling the niner fans to relax and enjoy that we are in the playoffs. Not to mention, when Staley actually had to tell the fan base to not clap during the offensive drives. ( i mean really, someone had to say this to fans )

So overall, I dont think we are that bad, but i mean the first way to heal is recognize the issue and what the problem is, and that is that most of us unfortunately arent as faithful as some say.

And notice i said SOME, not ALL.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Bay Area fans really aren't the best fans. That's it. Bottom line. In many cities around the country this would be real big. Especially since it's been a while. But like selling their tickets to Steelers fans and Cowboys fans they just don't care. Love the team but the local fan base is not that great. Not saying this to insult any individual. Just the overall fan base is not that supportive compared to say Green Bay for example. You could go 1 - 15 in Green Bay and sell out every single game. And they won't sell their tickets in large groups to opposing fans even if losing. They are just better fans.

Nobody from any where goes to GB to live...Metropolitan cities have diverse fans from everywhere because they are melting pots


Originally posted by djfullshred:
lol, too early. That stuff happens after winning the Superbowl.

And yes it's too early . Baseball playoffs can last up to three weeks if they get past the first round...for football it's one week and if you lose one game that's it.


Yeah - maybe not after the Superbowl, but usually after winning the championship game things get crazy.
Where I live in the North Bay 49er gear is all over the place. I'm representing with my 49er lawn lights and 49er caps & apparel. Some people that live around the corner from my folks have a 10 foot tall inflatable 49er guy down in a stance that they break-out on game day. It's fun to see again. But I agree in general the fan swagger has been slow to come back. If we win Saturday I think it will explode exponentially.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Bay Area fans really aren't the best fans. That's it. Bottom line. In many cities around the country this would be real big. Especially since it's been a while. But like selling their tickets to Steelers fans and Cowboys fans they just don't care. Love the team but the local fan base is not that great. Not saying this to insult any individual. Just the overall fan base is not that supportive compared to say Green Bay for example. You could go 1 - 15 in Green Bay and sell out every single game. And they won't sell their tickets in large groups to opposing fans even if losing. They are just better fans.

i was stationed at ft lewis washington about 45 south of seattle........eveyone in the puget sound from olympia to canada is repping the seahawks. there was a guy 2 blocks from me that had his house painted in seahawks colors with the logo on his garage door. their fans are crazy faithful. they dont need a slogan, they just do it being the 12th man and all.

also the hooters in tacoma is the west coast HQ steelers fans. its pretty much a steeler bar with a hooters logo on it. i havent been impressed with the niner "faithful" in the bay area like i have with those fan bases. every time im in cali there is a bunch af db raider fans talkin $hit about my tat but no niner fans complimenting it. seems like we are out numbered and the true faithful are far and in between, not these fair weather bandwagon fans calling themselves faithful
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
You can get playoff tickets online for $150 right now.

where?

they were 130 three weeks ago and i was considering getting them

im kicking myself now

You are kicking yourself about 20 bucks? Damn rough life bro.

As far as the original topic, if we get to the Superbowl, you can bank on the city support everywhere. All the orange buildings didnt start until the Giants made the World Series.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Jan 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
You can get playoff tickets online for $150 right now.

where?

they were 130 three weeks ago and i was considering getting them

im kicking myself now

You are kicking yourself about 20 bucks? Damn rough life bro.

no now they are 260 for the same seats

thats why i want to know where they are 150