There are 162 users in the forums

NFL Network to air NFC Championship game from Jan.10th, 1982-----The Catch Relived

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Originally posted by danimal:
those shots of the crowd and some people talking on cell phones. Those aren't phones

You know, that's probably what stands out to me more so than anything else. The way people are dressed, the way they are cheering, it's strange to me lol. It's like some of them are going out to a party lol

These days a lot of young people just want to dress in a bunch of baggy ass clothes and look like a bunch of ghetto slobs. Seriously, I live in Denver and I see kids walking around in the middle of winter while it's snowing wearing basketball uniforms and sneakers like they're normal clothes. And no, they didn't just step off the court---one of them was my idiot 28 year old neighbor walking around in Michael Jordan's college uniform.
Look back at sporting events from the 50's and earlier everybody wore a suit.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
those shots of the crowd and some people talking on cell phones. Those aren't phones

You know, that's probably what stands out to me more so than anything else. The way people are dressed, the way they are cheering, it's strange to me lol. It's like some of them are going out to a party lol

These days a lot of young people just want to dress in a bunch of baggy ass clothes and look like a bunch of ghetto slobs. Seriously, I live in Denver and I see kids walking around in the middle of winter while it's snowing wearing basketball uniforms and sneakers like they're normal clothes. And no, they didn't just step off the court---one of them was my idiot 28 year old neighbor walking around in Michael Jordan's college uniform.
Look back at sporting events from the 50's and earlier everybody wore a suit.

And a hat.

Those are Transistor Radio's held up to their ear's...
Originally posted by highway49:

VCR size radios, lol
rewatching on DVR and the game actually doesn't look half bad! i remember i watched the 49ers/bengals superbowl dvd and the picture was just really horrible. picture isn't anywhere near what we get today but its acceptable
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
never knew why this game (and others, like the Catch 2, wild card vs giants, etc) wasn't included in the 49ers "greatest games" dvd set (which only consists of the 5 super bowls)

of course, dallas , GB, pittburgh, even the f--ing giants have their memorable reg season/postseason in addition to super bowl included in their dvd sets...
lol.........to be fair, it DOES say "Super Bowl Victories" on the box.....

NOT fair:

WTF?!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by highway49:

VCR size radios, lol

lol, listening to KNBR on my cell phone right now... times be changing.
Share 49ersWebzone