There are 254 users in the forums

Where were you 30 years ago on january10th?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I thought this would be fun for all niners fans esp for us old timers. Tuesday Jan 10th is the 30th birthday of the catch. we all know the historical significance of it but I was wondering where you were when it happened?Were you alive, were you at the game? were you watching on tv? i was stranded in a snow storm in fort dodge iowa with a bunch of buddies who were just football fans. I was 21 about to turn 22 and to this day it is hard to describe the feeling i had. It was like the stench of the joe thomas and oj simpson era had just vanished in one crazy moment. feel free to have at it!
I was born 8 years later
i was in baghdad while u were in your dads bag
Didn't live, lol.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jan 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I was in SF at a friend's house. It was the first football game I ever watched. Then I went outside. The streets were mayhem, cars honking everywhere, people going nuts. That influenced me so deeply that I was a major fan ever since.
becoming a lifer
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Didn't live, lol.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
3 years old
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
3 years old
aw, a cute little 3 year old susweet ,, There must be someone out there who was at the game
Sec 18
Row 13
seat 20

Wasn't even thought of yet...
I was 2 years old, but I remember it clearly...my father was carrying me at the time of the catch, and while screaming in joy, he dropped me on the floor, luckily his friends baby (who was a Cowboys fan) broke my fall, so I didn't get hurt.
I was 4 years old. I was probably watching looney tunes or some s**t. My dad was at the game though. Still says that was the best game he's ever seen.
In Kahalu'u watching it on TV. Yelling my head off. 18 yrs old.
[ Edited by LeftBankeNiner on Jan 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM ]
Watching the game with my dad... One of the few times I saw my dad ecstatic about something.

Share 49ersWebzone