LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

If you were JH what would be you strategy to defeat saints?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
score more points than them

Best strategy of all time, yall.
Pound the rock eat the clock.
We need Frank to break thru that line for two 80+ yard TDs like against SEA a few years ago. That will back the Saints blitzing off for sure.
f**k b***hes, get money.
50cal machine gun set on full auto...
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jan 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM ]
On offense Gore has to massacre what the saints call a "defense" they can't stop the run or tackle to save their lives and with the ravens and steelers game the niners learned how to manage a blitz. I'm honestly looking for Gore to have a hell of a game against New Orleans, they leave too many holes out there and Gore doesn't need much room he could be gone with the tiniest crease.

On defense Ray McDonald,Justin Smith and Aldon need to hunt down Drew Brees and instill fear in the guy to the point where he's shaking before he snaps the ball. No team in the NFC South doesnt have a good defensive team and he hasn't seen an elite defense this season he's still wearing the same clean jersey from week 1 the niners need to make sure it gets dirty. Make Brees feel the pressure and take him down show him and the Saints good defenses still exist in the NFL and show the Saints D what a real defense looks like and how a tackle looks like.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
On offense Gore has to massacre what the saints call a "defense" they can't stop the run or tackle to save their lives and with the ravens and steelers game the niners learned how to manage a blitz. I'm honestly looking for Gore to have a hell of a game against New Orleans, they leave too many holes out there and Gore doesn't need much room he could be gone with the tiniest crease.

On defense Ray McDonald,Justin Smith and Aldon need to hunt down Drew Brees and instill fear in the guy to the point where he's shaking before he snaps the ball. No team in the NFC South doesnt have a good defensive team and he hasn't seen an elite defense this season he's still wearing the same clean jersey from week 1 the niners need to make sure it gets dirty. Make Brees feel the pressure and take him down show him and the Saints good defenses still exist in the NFL and show the Saints D what a real defense looks like and how a tackle looks like.

I think we can beat those guys with a lot of those things.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Play to win the game
[ Edited by MarkD on Jan 4, 2012 at 5:20 AM ]
Originally posted by foundone:
Ball control is the the only hope we have against Saints, gotta do what we do best no turnovers strong running game and hellish defense. If we can slow the Saints offense down they will panic and make mistakes.

I agree a heavy dose of Frank Gore and co.
[ Edited by Husker49er on Jan 4, 2012 at 5:20 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
After watching the saints games, I noticed that no team has corner blitz brees,the try to put pressure in the middle but no success ,what would be you strategy to stop em....Any thoughts..?

Here is what i would do on O :
Game planning a lot of different runs and especially some wildcat as it worked pretty well for Carolina (160 yds rushing)
Three step drop passes to elude the saints blitzing and especially pass Plays designed for Davis with max protection
Beat them at their own game : screen pass against their blitz package although we are not very good at this
Game plan a lot of passes à la Giants game cos we'll surprise 'hem and we could need it if we trail big time
Protect the damn ball at all cost

On D :
Copycat last season game plan : pressure up the middle but this year we have aldon so put him on the left side to contain brees in the pocket and prevent rollout to his right and use aldon against their screen passes
Use aldon on first and second down instead of harralson
use nickel package on first down and putting culliver one on one on meachem
Put rogers one on one with colston with disguised cover two from time to time
Goldson and withner play the deep ball
Dont use P-52 one on one to cover their probowl TE but use him on short routes then goldson on deeper routes on zone coverage
Use bowman or willis as a spy on their RB on every yes EVERY play
Goldson: you play to tackle not to INT à la Cardinals game

One more thing : lets hope for some wild wind so brees will be ineffective
I hope the Saints get a lion penis in their anus and we get Harbaugh vs. Schwartz II.
yep go lions
Our 1-2 punch in Gore and Hunter will be a key factor to winning this game as well as an outstanding performance by our D and Special Teams.
Pressure the quarterback. Create turnovers. Keep the ball in front. Win the time of possession and field possession battles. Also, knock the crap out of Brees.
Share 49ersWebzone