There are 218 users in the forums

2012 NFC Divisional Game vs. New Orleans Saints Gameday Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do you guys think we will get pressure up front with only our 3 d linemen or will we even get pressure with our 'nickel' package front 4? I am a little concerned about this because of New Orleans' pro bowl linemen. We wont be able to only send 3 all game because Brees will find the holes.

I think a scheme with 3 safeties on the field sometimes with one (Colin Jones #43) maybe shadowing Sproles. Im not too big on making drastic changes because our D is what got us here, but we really haven't seen so many weapons on the field either -- other than Philly. And their fastest player was the qb, and we honestly didn't have matchup problems with the tight end in that game like this possible upcoming game.

First, we need to bracket the Saints Tight End with a safety. He is their go to guy and leading receiver. Meacham doesn't scare me. Henderson is underrated but has had a quiet year. He could be the man if we double Sproles and Graham.

I think our best chances at a win are Aldon and Brooks holding the edge, Ray Mac and J. Smith on the interior, with Willis and Aldon getting to Brees. I want Bowman on the rb unless Sproles is on the field, then Bowman will shadow him out of the backfield. If we can have Whitner or Jones help on Sproles if he gets behind the lb, that would be good.
I really want Graham doubled with Goldson and Culliver. Brees will need time if he can't find his #1 and Sproles is locked down. I can see a few sacks from Aldon coming.
...Because Rogers I think can lock up Henderson, and Brown can run with Meacham. But he wont shut Meacham down.

For sure the X factor in this game WILL BE PATRICK WILLIS. How will he be used throughout? Hopefully some exotic stuff with him. Maybe a middle zone coverage with everyone else manning up. It will be fun watching Willis this game. He may win it for us with a Int or something we haven't seen too much of.

Thoughts?
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Can't wait for stubhub to send my tickets.

Been waiting a long time to get out there for the playoffs. Always promised myself I would!
Thats the same thing i told myself aswell. My tickets arrive tomarrow!
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
just browsing around rotoworld and it looks like the saints placed mark ingram on IR with a turf toe injury and also lance moore isnt expected to be available "anytime soon" according to a saints beat writer and backup lb will herring has also gone on IR, i'll take any advantage we can get over those guys, and they still have a wild card game to play

Ingram hasn't done much at all in weeks past. Sproles, Ivory, Thomas are still healthy.

remember when we brushed off morgans injury cus we had some depth? 1 more high ankle sprain to either of the 3 left and it dont look so good does it?
But this is Drew Brees we are talking about. Not Alex Smith.
Let's all do a rain dance! Slippery field, slippery and heavy ball, lets see how that Saints offense copes with heavy rain.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Let's all do a rain dance! Slippery field, slippery and heavy ball, lets see how that Saints offense copes with heavy rain.

Ask and you shall receive! LOL still early but look at this

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/san-francisco-ca/94101/month/39372_pc?view=table
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Ask and you shall receive! LOL still early but look at this

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/san-francisco-ca/94101/month/39372_pc?view=table

According to that it looks like it will be sunny and perfect.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Jan 4, 2012 at 8:14 AM ]
Its worth a warning... Saints are such classless f**ks ..............

Mutha f**k Sean PYton and your wanna be Gruden look alike ass
Mutha f**k Drew Brees and your Matt Hasselbeck look alike hairline
Mutha f**k Sproles and your 5'2 150 Lbs horse jockey grimlin looking ass.
Mutha f**k Greg Wiiliams and your blitzes . Please try that s**t again this ain't preseason muthafuker
Mutha f**k Mark Ingram and the rest of the running backs . Come get u some u mediocre b***hes.

Oh and 'Who dat ? Who dat ? Who dat ?' It's the mutha f**ken San Francisco 49ers coming to run up all over your ass . That's who dat is !!!
[ Edited by ziggy_gonna_rock on Jan 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM ]
The Saints advanced already?!

or am I missing something here...
Saints 24
49ers 27
I'm personally rooting for DET and NYG, so we can beat the Lions and then the NYG in the NFCCG. And then we can beat Tim Tebow in the Super Bowl. yeeaaaaaaaaa

Do they change it up to make sure the #1 seed gets the lowest seed? If the Saints and ATL lose, does GB get or whichever is the next lowest seed?
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Saints 24
49ers 27

On an Alex Smith 4th Quarter comeback
Originally posted by Joecool:
Do they change it up to make sure the #1 seed gets the lowest seed? If the Saints and ATL lose, does GB get or whichever is the next lowest seed?

Yeah, if the Lions win they're going to Green Bay regardless of how the Giants-Falcons game goes since Detroit is the #6 seed.

Oh, and my prediction for the divisional round - 49ers 31, Atlanta 13.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by susweel:
I really hope they design some running plays for Alex this game. We are gonna need all the offense we can get.

THIS THIS THIS.

Smith is one helluva runner when the coaches let him be and when he wants to. There are numerous times that he has made outstanding plays with his feet and countless times where you yell 'RUN IT ALEX' but he doesn't.

I remember Steve Young would kill teams with his running and he did so much more the playoffs. Come on Alex run like the wind.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I really hope they design some running plays for Alex this game. We are gonna need all the offense we can get.

THIS THIS THIS.

Smith is one helluva runner when the coaches let him be and when he wants to. There are numerous times that he has made outstanding plays with his feet and countless times where you yell 'RUN IT ALEX' but he doesn't.

I remember Steve Young would kill teams with his running and he did so much more the playoffs. Come on Alex run like the wind.

steve young was definitally a better runner

i like alex running on 3rd downs though he usually always gets the first
Share 49ersWebzone