There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many more years is Gore our starter?

How many more years is Gore our starter?

Gore will stay the starter next year, but I look for more and more reps for Hunter.
After reading Barrows article about Gore not going to the pro-bowl because he's been dealing with ankle injuries and a few other ailments, I really think we should cut him. It's not that he can't do it, but he is literally ruining his life. I know Gore loves football, and it's to a fault. I'm sure he would play with one leg if he could and the way it's going, he just might. I say cut him for his own good. The guy is on a suicide mission.
Originally posted by kray28:
Gore will stay the starter next year, but I look for more and more reps for Hunter.

Are you ready to admit Davis is a stud, yet?
He was the starter in name only the last several weeks of this season, so I think we can say he has zero years left as a starter.
i see us drafting a big bodied RB in the later rounds to compete with dixon and the winner will take Gore's job mid season or if he hurts himself bfore that point
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i see us drafting a big bodied RB in the later rounds to compete with dixon and the winner will take Gore's job mid season or if he hurts himself bfore that point

I despertly want them to draft a big bruising back like Jamal Lewis. We would wreck havoc on opposing teams with our jumbo package.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
1 more year and that's not even as a feature back.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Full starter?
IMO, this was his last year as a bell cow. He still has a year or two with the 49ers but I don't see anymore 1000 yard seasons or 20 carry games.
Originally posted by Chief:
Full starter?
IMO, this was his last year as a bell cow. He still has a year or two with the 49ers but I don't see anymore 1000 yard seasons or 20 carry games.

I also think that this was his last 1000 year :(
I think we will draft a rb
he'll start next year.

don't think he will the following. too many injuries finally catching up to him.
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah he's not a real NFL RB.

Dixon is more of a locker room comedy relief than anything else
I believe in Hunter, I'm comfortable with him being the heir apparent when Gore's done
1 and a half, so i picked 2... i think this next year he finishes out. then the offseason of we need a rb.... will it be hunter or FA? then we'll pick up our FA RB.. and IMO hunters too small to be a franchise back, hes a great sproles though.. and then gore will slowly be pushed aside.
Gore has one more season left to play at an all pro level IMO , after that he will be a servicable player and capable of being a solid running back for at least 2 more seasons ...so next year will be Frank's last shot to put up big numbers, if he sputters early, then Hunter should be given more work.

Dixon has to go too IMO, he hasnt flashed any signs of being able to be a solid RB, soon we need to find a power running back to take his spot , we need to groom another RB to pair with Hunter in the coming seasons, we cant be left hanging at RB in the future, steps need to be taken soon to insure we are strong in the backfield and prepared to have a solid rushing attack in the event frank cant go hard anymore
  • JDog
  • Veteran
I think it's time to see what he can fetch in a trade.