LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Which injured player will be most vital to offensive success in the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which injured player will be most vital to offensive success in the playoffs?

Originally posted by irishluder:
we need Kyle Williams to keep the safety's honest and not constantly double and triple VD and Crabs. We need to utilize his quickness and get him short slants and get first downs. We need to use the short pass to open up our run game and allow us to take shots down the field for 7 points, not run to get 3 points.

Morgans injury is really hurting us

I mean we ARE 9-2 without him...
Teddy Ginn... Delanie is not playing in the playoffs... mark my words... broken jaw... that s**t keeps u out for at least 8 weeks...

Kyle is a good player but we need Ginn on ST and Offense... i feel ginn's ST ability is enough to say that we need ginn more than williams...
They are all vital!
Josh Morgan...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Is it true that Walker has a broken jaw? That doesn't bode well for his return this year.

Yup, I believe they've reported it to be a broken jaw. And "yup" again for his return this year, I think we're going to miss him more than many realize.
Ginn and WIlliams. Ginn for Special Teams and Williams for his WR play

We will not win a playoff game if our 2nd and 3rd WRs are Brett Swain and Joe Hastings.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ginn and WIlliams. Ginn for Special Teams and Williams for his WR play

We will not win a playoff game of our 2nd and 3rd WRs are Brett Swain and Joe Hastings.

Agree on Ginn and Williams for the above mentioned reasons. Williams was just starting to blossom as a WR, and Ginn is a field position changer like Andy Lee.
All of the above! I voted for Walker because he makes big plays and is a match up nightmare, but Ginn and Williams are equallyl important. Ginn wasn't missed as much as I had feared in the Ram game but starting on the 30 or 40 consistently means a great deal. And I'd hate to see Crabtree as the lone team-vet WR!

Is it true that Walker has a broken jaw? That doesn't bode well for his return this year.

I think the team needs to put Walker on injured reserve and bring up Konrad Rheuland from the PS. Rheuland has soft hands and we need another RZ target.
Originally posted by irishluder:
we need Kyle Williams to keep the safety's honest and not constantly double and triple VD and Crabs. We need to utilize his quickness and get him short slants and get first downs. We need to use the short pass to open up our run game and allow us to take shots down the field for 7 points, not run to get 3 points.

Morgans injury is really hurting us

Yeah, where is the Morgan option? His injury has hurt the team all season (no thanks to B. Edwards). We desperatly need another option in the passing game. Crabtree and VD can only do so much.

I voted for Williams. Ginn is valuable in the return game, but Williams is a more reliable pass catcher. Having Williams at full strength will give Alex anothor option. We all know that Alex doesn't like to throw to receivers that he is unfamiliar with. He is more likely to try and force a throw to Crabtree or VD than to throw to Swain or Hastings. And we don't want Alex forcing throws in the playoffs. We need Williams to step up.
Ginn

I think we will get Ginn and Williams back. Delanie will take more time though depending how far we get...
All of the above! I voted for Walker because he makes big plays and is a match up nightmare, but Ginn and Williams are equallyl important. Ginn wasn't missed as much as I had feared in the Ram game but starting on the 30 or 40 consistently means a great deal. And I'd hate to see Crabtree as the lone team-vet WR!

Agreed. The poll results say it all. Evenly split amongst the three of them and rightfully so.

Ginn is vital to our sucess in the return game and maintaining optimal field position for the offense.

Williams is a speedy, big-play threat in a WR corps that is thin in its depth.

Walker is a matchup nightmare and has been pointed to several times as the reason why this offense ticks. Lining him up all over the field gives the defense something to account for and opens up plays for other players.
I'd like to give the slight edge to Walker for that reason but all three are huge in their contribution to this team.

Having 2 out of the 3 ain't bad (did I really quote a meatloaf song, god that's awful) but hopefully Walker's jaw heals and he can come back.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Agreed. The poll results say it all. Evenly split amongst the three of them and rightfully so.

Ginn is vital to our sucess in the return game and maintaining optimal field position for the offense.

Williams is a speedy, big-play threat in a WR corps that is thin in its depth.

Walker is a matchup nightmare and has been pointed to several times as the reason why this offense ticks. Lining him up all over the field gives the defense something to account for and opens up plays for other players.
I'd like to give the slight edge to Walker for that reason but all three are huge in their contribution to this team.

Having 2 out of the 3 ain't bad (did I really quote a meatloaf song, god that's awful) but hopefully Walker's jaw heals and he can come back.

I wonder if Pete Carrol is sitting home and thinking..."At least we hurt enough players to impact Harbaugh's chance to win in the playoffs! Yeah!"

It was the only game all year that I missed so can't say whether Seattle played dirty but it sounds like there were a number of helmet hits.
Tedd Ginn FTW

KW FTL
Share 49ersWebzone