There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we begin preparing to play the Saints NOW?

Should we begin preparing to play the Saints NOW?

I don't care the play the Saints.. Come here and bring it on mofo!!
The Saints average 41 points a game at home. They rack up 500 yards of offense at home. Niners will absolutely be playing the Saints. But, the Saints are not nearly as good on the road. They're about half the team they are at home on the road. For some reason, they have a much harder time protecting Brees on the road and for some reason, he's not nearly as accurate. Niners have a chance.
I just watched the Lions @ Saints game earlier this season. It was closer than the scores indicates. I think Saints will have its hands full against a red-hot Lions team. We might be playing the Giants.
I'm hoping Saints and Lions go into triple overtime!!!!!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The Saints average 41 points a game at home. They rack up 500 yards of offense at home. Niners will absolutely be playing the Saints. But, the Saints are not nearly as good on the road. They're about half the team they are at home on the road. For some reason, they have a much harder time protecting Brees on the road and for some reason, he's not nearly as accurate. Niners have a chance.

They are built for the fast track in the dome. Totally out of their element outdoors on the grass. We should grow the grass long BTW. Don't cut for 2 weeks. LOL.
Funny thing is that all the NFC playoff teams are turf teams except SF and GB. Think that will be good for us......
are the players getting days off? They shouldn't.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
are the players getting days off? They shouldn't.

first formal practice is on thursday but somple players already started preparing on monday itself (harder when no opponent)

coaches already started however
lol at the Lions D giving up 6 passing tds

I say
Lions 70 Saints 73
I don't know if it's too early to start prepping for the Saints, but I do know it's not too early to start doing the rain dance.
Im sure who evers watching tape and making notes on the Saints would have a stack of plays ready for the co-ordinators to look at.
Matthew Stafford 5k+ passing yards 41 TDs..
Drew bress 5k+ passing yards 46 TDs...

Detroit Best receiver in the game, Very top notch defense..

Saints alot of great WR's not as good defense.. Id say very much too early.. i think detroit can pull this one out but who knows
If the Saints defeat the Detroit Lions on Saturday, the Saints will travel to Candlestick Park to face the 49ers, who earned a first-round playoff bye. If the Lions win, the 49ers will face the Atlanta-New York Giants winner.

While the 49ers have spent time preparing for the Falcons and Giants, as well, there is little doubt which potential opponent is drawing the most attention.

"More the Saints," Harbaugh said. "The greater share would be preparing for the Saints"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-preparing-mostly-for-the-Saints?blockID=624584&feedID=5884
Originally posted by global_nomad:
If the Saints defeat the Detroit Lions on Saturday, the Saints will travel to Candlestick Park to face the 49ers, who earned a first-round playoff bye. If the Lions win, the 49ers will face the Atlanta-New York Giants winner.

While the 49ers have spent time preparing for the Falcons and Giants, as well, there is little doubt which potential opponent is drawing the most attention.

"More the Saints," Harbaugh said. "The greater share would be preparing for the Saints"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-preparing-mostly-for-the-Saints?blockID=624584&feedID=5884

Harbaugh's answers are much better on 95.7 the game...or is the questions.
Not surprised Harbaugh would say that; cause if the Lions end up winning we have a lot of tape/experience on the Giants (they haven't changed much this season in formations/packages/nuances judging from the Dallas game; and now their running attack is even weaker than when we had faced them).

-The Falcons on the other hand are almost a mirror image of us, but with ZERO PASS-RUSH/SAFETY SUPPORT, and if you wanna see what Jimmy Raye would look like with a franchise QB & B+ quality receiving corps, you'd have the Atlanta Falcons offense.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM ]