There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Advice for the Playoff Game

So I am about to purchase my ticket to my FIRST ever Niners game flying all the way from RI.

Just a question to the locals, what is a modest (cheap) hotel to stay at that is close to the Stick? seeing I will only be there for a morning and night to sleep.
[ Edited by aMikeNolanGuy on Jan 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM ]
Grosvenor is where my family stays when they come up
Look for something in the Castro
Originally posted by AC49er:
Look for something in the Castro

might not wanna leave that mouth open
I don't know if you want to stay in that area or they have hotels near by. Find the cheapest place you can in san fran and take the bart, muni, or shuttle over to the stick.
find a hotel in dt sf then take muni.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I don't know if you want to stay in that area or they have hotels near by. Find the cheapest place you can in san fran and take the bart, muni, or shuttle over to the stick.

What about a taxi from the hotel? Or is a shuttle cheaper?
Originally posted by aMikeNolanGuy:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

What about a taxi from the hotel? Or is a shuttle cheaper?

I don't know if they'll offer this service for the playoffs but they offer a shuttle bus that takes you to the game straight from the bart station (balboa station) It cost $12 round trip for the shuttle. IMO, it would ALOT cheaper than taking a taxi. And maybe Bart will cost like $5 or so. (You can go to bart.gov to calculate the actual cost.)
if u buy me a ticket you can crash with me for free
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
if u buy me a ticket you can crash with me for free

That's actually not TOO bad of an idea IF he takes you up there and pays for parking also...
So I am about to purchase my ticket to my FIRST ever Niners game flying all the way from RI.

Just a question to the locals, what is a modest (cheap) hotel to stay at that is close to the Stick? seeing I will only be there for a morning and night to sleep.

you could get a motel spot at the end of Geneva Ave. And you should be able to find a bus that will go to the park, or you could walk 20+ minutes.....or take a taxi.

you could take Bart from the Airport to Balboa Station and take a bus or taxi to the end of Geneva Ave...or just take a taxi from the Airport to one of those motels.

but the first thing you will want to do is change that horrible user name.
just paste this "geneva ave and bayshore daly city" in google maps and zoom in...there are about 3 motels on that one block.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

you could get a motel spot at the end of Geneva Ave. And you should be able to find a bus that will go to the park, or you could walk 20+ minutes.....or take a taxi.

you could take Bart from the Airport to Balboa Station and take a bus or taxi to the end of Geneva Ave...or just take a taxi from the Airport to one of those motels.

but the first thing you will want to do is change that horrible user name.

Yeah, very odd username, especially when it shows he joined in 2010...
You might want to look into staying in Millbrae and taking CalTrain to the park. Millbrae is closer to the airport and much cheaper than SF usually.
When we went in 2008 we stayed at the Good Nite Inn in South SF. I don't remember the exact price but we stayed for 4 days and i want to say it was less than $500 total. They had 24 hour shuttle to SFO where we would catch the BART into the City. There were two of us and it cost us both about $15.00 total to get around the city using the BART. As far as transportation to the game we used a cab. The 101 is close to the hotel and its pretty much a straight shot to Candlestick. Transportation from the Stick is a pain in the a$$. Brace yourself for long lines and a long wait for a cab or a bus.