There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

All we need to do is sign Tolzien. I like what he did all year.
Originally posted by pete98146:
I get the feeling that free agents will start putting SF on the top of their wish lists, just like the good ol days. Players talk. Although Harbaugh has a bad reputation with the press, it's the complete opposite with the team. He treats players with respect, gets to know them, is fair and won't throw them under the bus for any reason. Plus free agents want to go to a winning team. All reasons why we'll be a magnet for quality free agents.

But this will take a few seasons to materialize. Good news is this team is young! We have such a good foundation in place now and we'll only get better.

Fluke? No way. Budding dynasty? No we're talking :)

the way our players are supporting kyle after his bad game is a reflection of Harbaugh.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
the way our players are supporting kyle after his bad game is a reflection of Harbaugh.

I remember following the Nolan years from the beginning - therein, he had mentioned the contrast between 49ers, and his time in Washington - he mentioned the lack of chemistry on the team; and he sought to bring that in. It's really interesting to see how one man can do that in one, lockout-shortened season, while another couldn't do it in three years, at the helm.
something i was pleased to see is that it seemed like tarrel brown improved as the season progressed
Originally posted by kujon11:
something i was pleased to see is that it seemed like tarrel brown improved as the season progressed

He did, I was impressed. The guy was flashing up towards the end there, with a proper off and preseason he'll show up during games more consistently next season.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by pete98146:
I get the feeling that free agents will start putting SF on the top of their wish lists, just like the good ol days. Players talk. Although Harbaugh has a bad reputation with the press, it's the complete opposite with the team. He treats players with respect, gets to know them, is fair and won't throw them under the bus for any reason. Plus free agents want to go to a winning team. All reasons why we'll be a magnet for quality free agents.

But this will take a few seasons to materialize. Good news is this team is young! We have such a good foundation in place now and we'll only get better.

Fluke? No way. Budding dynasty? No we're talking :)

the way our players are supporting kyle after his bad game is a reflection of Harbaugh.


I think it's more a reflection of IQ.
Originally posted by stunder49:
All we need to do is sign Tolzien. I like what he did all year.


There will certainly be a healthy quarterback competition this off-season.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Need to find a better SS...

why the hell do we need a different SS? Whitner is a beast
I'll admit, I'm bitter and cynical, but I think this was our last chance at a super bowl for probably the next 6 years.
QB (3)- Smith, Kap, Tolzien/late pick
HB (3)- Gore, Hunter, FA or Draft pick but we need a bruiser 3rd RB not a dancing one
FB (1)- Miller
WR (5)- Crabs,FA, Morgan, Draft Pick Ginn Need to upgrade this spot
TE (3)- VD, Walker, Byham/3rd day pick
OL (10)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Snyder, Davis, Boone, Kilgore, Person, 2nd and 4th round picks (a guard and a center)
DL (7)- J. Smith, Ice, RayMac, RJF, Dobbs, Tukuafu, Williams
LB (8)- Willis, Bowman, Grant 3rd round pick
OLB, A. Smith, Costanzo, Gooden, Brooks
CB (5)- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Brock draft pick or FA
S (5)- Goldson, Whitner, Smith, Spillman, Jones
K (1)- Akers
P (1)- Lee
LS (1)- Jennings
i would dought we will go 13-3 next season but hopfully we win the West atleast .

get everyone back , i know it 's hard but i have trust in Balake

have good draft CB & WR in the first day , then we get OG back up .

we need good competion for Starting QB , hopfuly Kap gets rolling , i hope we don't break the bank to resign Alex . give him incentive laden contract
Originally posted by cNiner:
i would dought we will go 13-3 next season but hopfully we win the West atleast .

get everyone back , i know it 's hard but i have trust in Balake

have good draft CB & WR in the first day , then we get OG back up .

we need good competion for Starting QB , hopfuly Kap gets rolling , i hope we don't break the bank to resign Alex . give him incentive laden contract

yeah 14-2 sounds better.
The 49ers have the best defense in football. That alone will win 10-12 games.
Originally posted by militaryminds49:
The 49ers have the best defense in football. That alone will win 10-12 games.

yeah but things change, we can have injuries, we travel to NO, NE and GB the top 3 explosive offenses all at their house, i dont think we get all those turnovers again and its possible players can have down yrs. this is once again why sundays loss just kills me because this defense was sb caliber only to be wasted by a f**king careless moron
  • SF14
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
yeah but things change, we can have injuries, we travel to NO, NE and GB the top 3 explosive offenses all at their house, i dont think we get all those turnovers again and its possible players can have down yrs. this is once again why sundays loss just kills me because this defense was sb caliber only to be wasted by a f**king careless moron

IMO, I think GB will be the weakest link next year. Bunch of their coaches are leaving and I would think they need to make alot of re-signings in the off season. I think NE is going to be by far the toughest test of the season in their house.