LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erempire:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i love the doom and gloom posts, i find it funny that "we'll never get back here" "this was our one and only chance"

and nobody thought we would have a decade of losing.

actually a lot of people saw our downfall coming bc of the mishandled $$$
Originally posted by cciowa:
this season was not a fluke, it was the start of something special. eventually the taste of sunday will go away, and i would like to think the niners will use that game to prepare them for next year sort of like we used the loss to dallas in the nfl finals to motivate us to go back and win it all the next year. aside from justin there is no one getting up there in years to worry about and after what happened yesterday, no player or coach on our team will set around playing checkers in the off season, if you stand still you lose ground and i am sure that will not happen to this coaching staff and these players.. this is our hill and these are our beans

I know this isn't college, but so far when you look at Harbaugh's career as a HC he has yet to have a program regress. Beating 13-3 is a tall order, but to me regressing would be not winning the division or at least making the playoffs, but I think we're well positioned to compete on a yearly basis. We have a solid young nucleus on the o-line, a ridiculous front seven (please re-sign Brooks), the two best kickers in the conference and an outstanding coaching staff.

As far as personnel, in one short season we've gone from free agency outpost to desirable location, so we're suddenly on more equal footing if we have a specific player in mind. And if we keep having drafts anywhere near as productive as 2011 we're going to be a force for years to come. The obvious deficiency right now is offensive explosion. Obviously the prime directive this off season is to add perimeter weapons that can take the top off the defense try to keep the core of our defense together.

The future looks bright
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
as much as i want to agree with this i am afraid thst we missed a HUGE chance and actually think its only going to get worst but i hope i am wrong

Go Away with this garbage
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MIkeyT:
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
as much as i want to agree with this i am afraid thst we missed a HUGE chance and actually think its only going to get worst but i hope i am wrong

Yeah, you are wrong.
[ Edited by gage on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
I hope we cut kyle and swain, bring in djax and a rookie w.r and make josh morgan #1..... I miss you morgan!

Kyle had a decent year and one bad game. DJax is drama drama drama, Colston, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe are much better and less drama.
[ Edited by MIkeyT on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:52 PM ]

Exactly. I think Harbaugh, with a full offseason, will have the team be very dangerous. I'm listening to the radio right now, and people say football doesn't start until next season. Last I checked, Bill Walsh said the Raiders in 66 saw football was a year round activity. I'm sure the team is already thinking of their next moves, right now.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
i love the doom and gloom posts, i find it funny that "we'll never get back here" "this was our one and only chance"

losers who base their whole life on one game. We will be back with the key components. Aldon Smith will be Lawrnce Taylor like and make our defense even better.

Players (FA) will want to play for us already, even more when they see how we treat kyle Wiliams as an organization and how our own players protect him. Team first mentality is here to stay

So we're losers for recognizing how great of an accomplishment the team made just by getting to this point?

Those of us crying understand that anything can happen year to year, and realize just how rare and special it is for a team to get this far in the playoffs. Sure we could be back next year, but we don't know that, and we're not promised that. We could very well be better next year, and still get f**ked in some other fashion. Losing the way we did hurts a lot, because we were the better team, and there was no clear cut favorite for the SB. It was a perfect chance, and I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't when the last time we got here was 14 years ago. I'll still be rooting for this team like a mofo as always, and I do think at least on offense we'll be better, but it's hard to look towards the future when everything could have been here in the present.
Originally posted by lssanjose:

Exactly. I think Harbaugh, with a full offseason, will have the team be very dangerous. I'm listening to the radio right now, and people say football doesn't start until next season. Last I checked, Bill Walsh said the Raiders in 66 saw football was a year round activity. I'm sure the team is already thinking of their next moves, right now.

This is what we need, this team is not going anywhere for a long time to come.......
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
I hope we cut kyle and swain, bring in djax and a rookie w.r and make josh morgan #1..... I miss you morgan!

Kyle had a decent year and one bad game. DJax is drama drama drama, Colston, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bow are much better and less drama.
With guys that good I don't care if they have drama or not. Guys like that are commodities and the majority of them we won't even get a decent shot at.

and fyi I'm ok with williams coming back now that my emotions have died down. He's cheap and a decent backup in case of injuries, realistically hes not even a starter so why make a big deal about kicking him off.
[ Edited by mike on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

losers who base their whole life on one game. We will be back with the key components. Aldon Smith will be Lawrnce Taylor like and make our defense even better.

Players (FA) will want to play for us already, even more when they see how we treat kyle Wiliams as an organization and how our own players protect him. Team first mentality is here to stay

So we're losers for recognizing how great of an accomplishment the team made just by getting to this point?

Those of us crying understand that anything can happen year to year, and realize just how rare and special it is for a team to get this far in the playoffs. Sure we could be back next year, but we don't know that, and we're not promised that. We could very well be better next year, and still get f**ked in some other fashion. Losing the way we did hurts a lot, because we were the better team, and there was no clear cut favorite for the SB. It was a perfect chance, and I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't when the last time we got here was 14 years ago. I'll still be rooting for this team like a mofo as always, and I do think at least on offense we'll be better, but it's hard to look towards the future when everything could have been here in the present.

im calling people losers who think this was IT. This was just the beginning, a short prep season where we got better and better. That was our best defensive perfomance. last week was Smith's best game of the season.

all this with the injuries we had at WR.

We got this, we got the coach and young talent needed to get better. we got another draft to get better.

aldon will be on some other s**t

pick your heads up.

There are a lot of new fans that rooted for the team during the losing years. They are happy with what we accomplished this year.

There are older fans that rooted for the team during it's Super Bowl and anything short of a Super Bowl is a disappointment.

I am happy what we did this year, given the circumstance and a new coach that led this team deep into the playoffs but once you are that deep, you have to start thinking Super Bowl and winning it.
im calling people losers who think this was IT. This was just the beginning, a short prep season where we got better and better. That was our best defensive perfomance. last week was Smith's best game of the season.

all this with the injuries we had at WR.

We got this, we got the coach and young talent needed to get better. we got another draft to get better.

aldon will be on some other s**t

pick your heads up.

I hear you, with some more pieces and experience this team should be a juggernaut for years to come. Right now though, my head is hanging low. Maybe in a week or after the draft I'll be over it, but since it's only the day after, I can't help but be a gloomy s**thead.
Originally posted by kray28:
It will be hard to replicate the +28 takeaway/giveaway ratio.

(we were -2 yesterday, and no surprise it was loss).

A lot of our wins we "skin of the teeth" with little margin for error.

Want it to not be a fluke. Then fix the offense.

it will be nearly impossible to replicate that.

also consider we remained relatively healthy all season, on both sides of the ball.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
They were competitive into the 4th quarter in all 18 games this year. That's not a fluke.

thank you defense
One thing for sure next year, other teams really do not want to face the 49ers. This is a fierce team.
Share 49ersWebzone