A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Sorry but I don't buy it. I agree that we will probably be in the playoffs next year but we will never get this close again with this team. This was our chance. We peaked. You can't just be happy to be there...you have to go out and win it all when you're this close. See the 2010 SF Giants.

Opportunities are few and far in between in the NFL and this was ours.

It's amazingly hard to go 13-3, have a bye and have a home game in the NFC Championship.

Hi Debbie Downer!

We got here bc we officially have a legit coach and GM who know what they are doing (Saints, Patriots, Giants, Pitt etc) who had very little to prepare this year.

We will get better, hopefully enter team of the decade talk.

I don't doubt that we will be better...but that doesn't necessary equate to a better record or a better chance at a Super Bowl.

Again, this was our chance and we (Kyle Williams) f**ked it up.

Wow. I absolutely disagree with you on every level. There is absolutely zero reason to be pessimistic on the 49ers future.

- Most of the starters will be back
- Superstar coach
- Superstar GM
- All-world defense with pro bowlers on every level
- QB who is incredibly stable, efficient and clutch.
- Tons of cap room to sign our FAs and plug holes
- Tied for the league lead in Pro Bowl players

Will we get a first-round bye? Maybe not. But we will be back in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. And as we've seen this year, anything can happen once you're in.

Life is good.

And another draft. Think about it, our picks from this year were studs and can only get better. This draft will also add to this team and we have the coaches to use them and coach them up the way it should be done.

Just don't see it happening. This was our chance...period. Home game in the NFC Championship against a team that we were better than. I also think we can/would have beat the Pats. Great season, terrible end.

I expect playoffs next year but I don't expect to be as good relative to the rest of the NFL. Even if we are better, too many things can happen (Packers this year).

Its like getting attached to one girl (this season) and thinking she is the only one when you are a successful, young, rich, up and coming guy (49ers now)

This b***h (season) was hot, but we can always get hot b***hes (superbowls)
  • mike
  • Veteran
Sorry but I don't buy it. I agree that we will probably be in the playoffs next year but we will never get this close again with this team. This was our chance. We peaked. You can't just be happy to be there...you have to go out and win it all when you're this close. See the 2010 SF Giants.

It's amazingly hard to go 13-3, have a bye and have a home game in the NFC Championship.

Hi Debbie Downer!

We got here bc we officially have a legit coach and GM who know what they are doing (Saints, Patriots, Giants, Pitt etc) who had very little to prepare this year.

I don't doubt that we will be better...but that doesn't necessary equate to a better record or a better chance at a Super Bowl.

Wow. I absolutely disagree with you on every level. There is absolutely zero reason to be pessimistic on the 49ers future.

- Superstar coach
- Superstar GM

Will we get a first-round bye? Maybe not. But we will be back in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. And as we've seen this year, anything can happen once you're in.

Life is good.

And another draft. Think about it, our picks from this year were studs and can only get better. This draft will also add to this team and we have the coaches to use them and coach them up the way it should be done.

Just don't see it happening. This was our chance...period. Home game in the NFC Championship against a team that we were better than. I also think we can/would have beat the Pats. Great season, terrible end.

I expect playoffs next year but I don't expect to be as good relative to the rest of the NFL. Even if we are better, too many things can happen (Packers this year).

Its like getting attached to one girl (this season) and thinking she is the only one when you are a successful, young, rich, up and coming guy (49ers now)

^this.

Also, the comparison to the SF Giant's season doesn't really work 100% because they won which means their FAs become extremely hot commodities(even moreso than football for some reason).

We've got a few to lock up, but they still won't be as hot as a few pats/giants free agents, and we've got the money to keep them here. Also, injuries played a huge part for them this season, honestly most fans don't usually go into a season saying "nah we aren't going to do much because alex and gore are going to get hurt". Who does that?
There are no guarantees. This year would be the best had they went on to the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots. The best defense in the NFL beating Brees, Eli and Brady. That would have been huge and the 9ers would have been considered one of the best defensive teams in history.

This year was the year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erempire:
There are no guarantees. This year would be the best had they went on to the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots. The best defense in the NFL beating Brees, Eli and Brady. That would have been huge and the 9ers would have been considered one of the best defensive teams in history.

This year was the year.
wow,. the lack of faith here is pretty stunning. what exactly makes you think we can do this again next year and go a step further? sure there are challenges but this coaching staff is not one to set around and the players who are coming back, those who want to come back, are going to use sunday as motivation. again the lack of faith is amazing here. I guess you all can hide under the bed next year if it makes you feel better
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Defense is straight up championship material. We beat the holy f**k out of Eli yesterday. They crossed the 50 ONCE in the second half. Just sucks that the game ended the way it did. There is no doubt in my mind that we are head and shoulders a better team than the Giants. Cant wait to f**king play them again next year and extract a little bit of revenge.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
16-0 next year.

#bookit
Originally posted by mike:

Hi Debbie Downer!

- Superstar coach
- Superstar GM

Life is good.

^this.

Also, the comparison to the SF Giant's season doesn't really work 100% because they won which means their FAs become extremely hot commodities(even moreso than football for some reason).

We've got a few to lock up, but they still won't be as hot as a few pats/giants free agents, and we've got the money to keep them here. Also, injuries played a huge part for them this season, honestly most fans don't usually go into a season saying "nah we aren't going to do much because alex and gore are going to get hurt". Who does that?

I aint attached to that b***h (season)!!! I f**ked her and it was good and all, but we are on some other s**t now and we will f**k the next hotter girl even better.

it is raining and you can dance in it or go home and be depressed.

Niner Nation keep your chins up and stay proud
Originally posted by cciowa:
wow,. the lack of faith here is pretty stunning. what exactly makes you think we can do this again next year and go a step further? sure there are challenges but this coaching staff is not one to set around and the players who are coming back, those who want to come back, are going to use sunday as motivation. again the lack of faith is amazing here. I guess you all can hide under the bed next year if it makes you feel better
I have faith in the team but nobody plays for next year and the following year.

If you have a chance to win it...then you should win it.

It's the truth because there are no guarantees.
I think we will improve. We're going to be able to resign most of this team. Bringing people back will make us better. The offense will get more time to gell and we'll be even better. I don't know if we will be able to upgrade in free agency with cap restraints. If Alex and Carlos may take a team discount but they'll still be pricey. We then still have to sign Goldson (i know some people don't like him I can't figure why) but he'll come back and maybe at the franchise tag? Then You have brooks and Snyder. Then a host of roll players many of them key. So really unless you get Brooks, Rogers, Smith, Goldson, and Snyder to take a "Team" discount (which according to Rogers is not the basement hometown discount) then we won't be able to get a guy like Carl Nicks or Vincent Jackson unless they take a pay cut.

That means we will have to look for bargains in FA. Tough to do at wideout. The draft will be KEY once again. Hopefully we can find some guys to come in and play awesome right away like we did this year. Also I think we really need to hope that Josh morgan wasn't just having a couple good games before he was hurt.
i love the doom and gloom posts, i find it funny that "we'll never get back here" "this was our one and only chance"

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i love the doom and gloom posts, i find it funny that "we'll never get back here" "this was our one and only chance"

and nobody thought we would have a decade of losing.

losers who base their whole life on one game. We will be back with the key components. Aldon Smith will be Lawrnce Taylor like and make our defense even better.

Players (FA) will want to play for us already, even more when they see how we treat kyle Wiliams as an organization and how our own players protect him. Team first mentality is here to stay
  • mike
  • Veteran

There never are and they did put everything out there especially our defense. The harsh reality is someone has to lose. That's life.

The thing is, while I'm sure no one plays thinking they can have a "do-over", they also shouldn't keep their minds in the past, focus on being the best today and tomorrow not what could have been, because that s**t is gone.

It's OK to move on and start thinking about how awesome our team is going to be next season.
Originally posted by mike:

There never are and they did put everything out there especially our defense. The harsh reality is someone has to lose. That's life.

The thing is, while I'm sure no one plays thinking they can have a "do-over", they also shouldn't keep their minds in the past, focus on being the best today and tomorrow not what could have been, because that s**t is gone.

It's OK to move on and start thinking about how awesome our team is going to be next season.

cant live in regret.

Next season will be better. We are now WELL respected and it wont change next year
  • mike
  • Veteran

and nobody thought we would have a decade of losing.
Wow...I don't even know what to say anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone