LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

WR Joe Hastings promoted to 49ers 53-man roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fans who were actually thinking Harbaugh would bring T.O. back were delusional...there's no way you bring him back when you've got guys on your PS who know the offense well. Besides, Coach has excellent chemistry on his team...why would he want to risk bringing in someone who could upset it. There's a reason no team has signed T.O...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
championship!
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
Originally posted by dj43:
Who do you have in mind?

You can't trade at this time of year. That leaves you with only those WRs who are not on teams right now. Which ones do you think will help?
At least edwards in the field would be a threat
to us.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Fans who were actually thinking Harbaugh would bring T.O. back were delusional...there's no way you bring him back when you've got guys on your PS who know the offense well. Besides, Coach has excellent chemistry on his team...why would he want to risk bringing in someone who could upset it. There's a reason no team has signed T.O...

Actually there are 25 million reasons why no team has signed T.O...
I like this coaching staff. If the players they are looking at are marginal, they seems to tend to go with the younger, hungrier guys then the older, low effort, veterans. Maybe it's the college quick turn over rate thing that Harbaugh and Co. have been through before. I don't think Hasting will have much of an impact in the next game but I hope I'm wrong.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
Originally posted by dj43:
Who do you have in mind?

You can't trade at this time of year. That leaves you with only those WRs who are not on teams right now. Which ones do you think will help?
At least edwards in the field would be a threat
to us.

Originally posted by susweel:
white receiver

hay now , he could be our white dude just like the dude from New England !
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
wtf is this shiest?!!!

Exactly what people said when this team drafted Aldon Smith and announced that Bruce Miller would be converted to fullback.

when will people learn..................................................
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I don't mean this with any racial malice, but I hope he turns out to be our own Jordie Nelson.

all good teams have a great white hype...we need one

lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
wtf is this shiest?!!!

Exactly what people said when this team drafted Aldon Smith and announced that Bruce Miller would be converted to fullback.

when will people learn..................................................

I hope he's anoyher Morgan!!!!! Boy do miss that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I don't mean this with any racial malice, but I hope he turns out to be our own Jordie Nelson.

all good teams have a great white hype...we need one

lol

Actually the niners have two white WR;s/ Swain and Hastings. 2 gives you better odds one will pan out
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Actually, I thought for sure that Konrad was the guy that got moved up. He's not that big WR I was hoping for, but hopefully he is one of those guys who plays beyond what they should on paper.
This is a chemistry move more than anything else. This is the time of year where chemistry is MOST important and this guy fits. I expect in the off season we will target a WR bufor now this guy will have to do.
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
I would first like to say that, although I have been a fan of this site for years, I have never really had any strong desire to join in on team discussions here in the forum. However, I had to ask now to all my fellow 49ers fans that are rooting for a Terrell Owens return- What, exactly, are you smoking?
This makes zero sense, the least of all being the fact that the Niners staff never, at all, seemed interested in having him. Let's go down the list here, though: He is old, he is returning from a serious injury, he would be joining the Niners in the playoffs while having zero knowledge of their playbook. What kind of Owens do you think you would be getting? The 2002 version? Did it not seem like a bad sign that, not only does no other team in the NFL want him, but no team even showed up at his work out?
All of this didn't even outline the biggest problem for Owens returning which is how it affects the team chemistry. This is what, in my views, make the Niners so different from other teams in the NFL and have helped make them successful this year. After seeing how Owens treated the likes of Jeff Garcia and McNabb, how do you think (really) he is going to mesh with Alex Smith? And with a run-oriented offense? It makes me cringe imagine him screaming at Smith on the sidelines for not throwing it to him enough, to hear him in press conferences throwing the rest of the team under the bus. All of this is why Owens is called a cancer and, yes, it matters. To the Niners probably more than any other team he could possibly sign with since they are so dependent on team chemistry. However, all of this is irrelavent anyway since a coach like Jim Harbaugh would never allow such a player in the locker room. And I am grateful for that.

If Niners fans don't trust Harbaugh by now, then it's time you open your eyes a bit. Fans will continue to think they know more or know better than a team's head coach, they will criticize their draft picks, how they do in the offseason, that they sign the wrong free agents or not enough (not that anyone here has done that during the Harbaugh era, I'm sure) but eventually you have to learn that everything Harbaugh has done so far has worked for the Niners. No one thought they would do so well this year. Doesn't the fact that a player like Braylon Edwards got released before the end of the season give you some idea of what would happen if Owens was here? It is pretty clear that, since he was released that early that something was going on there. Either he was a bad presence in the locker room or was lazy, not trying hard enough, who knows- none of us are in that locker room. But it certainly leaves no doubt on how Harbaugh deals with players like that. So trust him. It's worked out pretty well so far.
Share 49ersWebzone