LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

Eight Niners named to Pro Bowl

Shop Find 49ers gear online
8 players is awesome! congrats to the 9ers that made the pro bowl. sux bowman and aldon didnt make it
The pro bowl is more about numbers and who the fans want to see. It's not about comeback stories and leading an surprising team. Smith isn't a pro bowler. Congrats to all Niners that made it. To be honest I don't see how Joe Staley made it. Wish Bownman could have made the squad, and Aldon won't make it til he's a full time player.
No Aldon? Aldon should take out his frustrations on the rest of the QB's he will face this year.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Joe Staley has no business making the pro bowl.

Originally posted by susweel:
Staley ??????????

are they f**king kidding me. It should have been Iupati.
Really? Staley has been good this year! He's given up a couple dopey sacks but what lineman doesn't? And remember the fan voting is BS its the players that recognized his talent. Go 49ers!

Staley is a good player, and the Pro-Bowl is a relative comparison.

Who's got it better at LT then us in the NFC? According to players and coaches, "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY!".
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Kordell Stewart is straight up fighting for Alex Smith to be in the probowl. He makes convincing arguments. Dude has been nothing but good to our team this year when it comes to giving us respect this year.

The Pro-Bowl favors play-makers. Which is also also a good example of why Goldson got in. He makes mistakes, but also makes plays.

"You know who" avoids mistakes, but "mistake avoidance" isn't ever going to get you into the Pro-Bowl. That may or may not be fair, but that's the way it is.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kordell Stewart is straight up fighting for Alex Smith to be in the probowl. He makes convincing arguments. Dude has been nothing but good to our team this year when it comes to giving us respect this year.

Yah good luck with Kordell fighting for Alex. Lol
2 out of the 8 are new players. 6 were on the team - what a difference great coaching can make! Congrats to the players and the coaches who set them up to succeed.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
So we have 18 players - starters, backups, and alternates involved with the pro-bowl. That is quite the testimony for our team. For Goldson and Staley to get picked is quite the testimony for those two. As far as their peers think they both play well. Now it will be interesting to see the Niners retain the majority of these players. Good job team, and good job Harbaalke.

Yeah, that's 1/3 of the 53 man roster named as a starter, reserve or alternate. That's crazy!
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
WTF Goldson is starting next to Earl Thomas?

Were there really no safeties having a better year than Goldson?

dont think Goldson is 'starting.' only defensive guys starting are Willis, J.Smith, and Rogers

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d82578253/article/2012-pro-bowl-rosters?module=HP11_breaking_news

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the starting roster?

then what's this post all about in the first page of this thread?

"Kicker David Akers, safety Dashon Goldson, running back Frank Gore, punter Andy Lee, cornerback Carlos Rogers, defensive tackle Justin Smith, tackle Joe Staley and inside linebacker Patrick Willis have been selected to participate in the 2012 Pro Bowl. Rogers, Smith, Staley and Willis were named starters on this year's NFC squad."

I guess I'm just as confused as you are lol.

i think he's the second string behind Earl Thomas? on the page you linked me to I see Goldson under Thomas, with a " * " indicating who the starters are? not sure

come on guys, really? at the very top it says "asterisk denotes starter". whats confusing about it?

At least we're not one of those "fans" who say, "Where's Aldon?????"
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Who's got it better at LT then us in the NFC? According to players and coaches, "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY!".
lol you got that right!

Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Joe Staley has no business making the pro bowl.

Originally posted by susweel:
Staley ??????????

are they f**king kidding me. It should have been Iupati.
Really? Staley has been good this year! He's given up a couple dopey sacks but what lineman doesn't? And remember the fan voting is BS its the players that recognized his talent. Go 49ers!

well, theyd still say "THEEEE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES DOOOOOO!". Peters is a starter as well, and much better than Staley.

dont think Goldson is 'starting.' only defensive guys starting are Willis, J.Smith, and Rogers

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/09000d5d82578253/article/2012-pro-bowl-rosters?module=HP11_breaking_news

"Kicker David Akers, safety Dashon Goldson, running back Frank Gore, punter Andy Lee, cornerback Carlos Rogers, defensive tackle Justin Smith, tackle Joe Staley and inside linebacker Patrick Willis have been selected to participate in the 2012 Pro Bowl. Rogers, Smith, Staley and Willis were named starters on this year's NFC squad."

i think he's the second string behind Earl Thomas? on the page you linked me to I see Goldson under Thomas, with a " * " indicating who the starters are? not sure

come on guys, really? at the very top it says "asterisk denotes starter". whats confusing about it?

so you dont think he should be on the team? regardless of how many snaps hes played, and that he wasnt on the ballot, he deserves to be on the team. hes one sack on Sunday away from breaking Jevon Kearse's rookie sack record, and hes done it playing part time.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM ]

so you dont think he should be on the team? regardless of how many snaps hes played, and that he wasnt on the ballot, he deserves to be on the team. hes one sack on Sunday away from breaking Jevon Kearse's rookie sack record, and hes done it playing part time.

Read the the entire thread again and you will have your question answered.

Sigh.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM ]

The Pro-Bowl favors play-makers. Which is also also a good example of why Goldson got in. He makes mistakes, but also makes plays.

"You know who" avoids mistakes, but "mistake avoidance" isn't ever going to get you into the Pro-Bowl. That may or may not be fair, but that's the way it is.

"You know who". We signed Voldemort?

of course I think he thinks he should be on it. where did I insinuate otherwise? i've known he wasn't going to be on it for quite a while now just because of the fact he was ineligible... so when people post acting all surprised in actuality it shouldn't be a surprise at all.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Dec 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone