LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Eight Niners named to Pro Bowl

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Joe Staley? I thought he was struggling this season.

He had a good year. The run game was beasting, caught a pass, and when Smith was sacked, it usually came from the right or the interior.

I mean, he doesn't really have the name recognition so he must have been voted by coaches and players.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He had a good year. The run game was beasting, caught a pass, and when Smith was sacked, it usually came from the right or the interior.

I mean, he doesn't really have the name recognition so he must have been voted by coaches and players.

The Joe Show did wonders for his name recognition.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Just to claify, w
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Quote:
Rogers is not likely to sign a new contract with the 49ers before the start of free agency in the spring. And it's possible that he priced himself out of the 49ers' market with his best NFL season.

link

great

Don't be a bunch of cheap a**es again. Damn Yorks. You have some good players now and like $40 million under the cap. So sign them.

LOL @the fact you think the Yorks have anything to do with re-signing players

It's their money and they set the rules how to spend it. Nobody else would determine that a great player has "priced themselves out of the 49ers market." ALL YORKIES. Don't surprise me at all. Back to their old ways. Get a great team and let all the good players go in FA. So we can rebuild again....

OMG

To clarify we DO NOT have 40M, we have 11M left. And it isnt Yorks being cheap, it's Rogers looking at all options. We wont be able to keep everyone who hits free agency.

I thought we had $40 million?...

I should of said this year, right now its 35M under 2012 cap. I wish we would use some 2011 cap room on an extension like Rogers or Brooks.

I pray we dont lose Rogers, I would rather tag Goldson, but rather keep Rogers over him. I just can't fathom counting on Goldson after he cashes in.

So where are people getting this $11 million # and you now say it' $35 million? Pretty large difference. Now I'm confused about our cap?...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/98000-49ers-salaries-2011-season/

Currently we're $11 million under. After this years contracts expire we'll be $35-$40 Million under going into the 2012 league year. We have money to spend. Maiocco simply said it's "possible" Carlos Rogers priced himself out of the 49ers range, and it's entirely possible another team offers him more than he is worth and/or more years than is reasonable.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 27, 2011 at 8:07 PM ]
Originally posted by saniner:
Doesn't matter, they won't play

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
To all you Staley haters, think about this, Joe is an unknown to fans around the country, coaches and players put him there, and they would know better than you who belongs, so stfu!

Fu*king BRAVO!!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Just to claify, w
Quote:
Rogers is not likely to sign a new contract with the 49ers before the start of free agency in the spring. And it's possible that he priced himself out of the 49ers' market with his best NFL season.

link

great

Don't be a bunch of cheap a**es again. Damn Yorks. You have some good players now and like $40 million under the cap. So sign them.

It's their money and they set the rules how to spend it. Nobody else would determine that a great player has "priced themselves out of the 49ers market." ALL YORKIES. Don't surprise me at all. Back to their old ways. Get a great team and let all the good players go in FA. So we can rebuild again....

OMG

To clarify we DO NOT have 40M, we have 11M left. And it isnt Yorks being cheap, it's Rogers looking at all options. We wont be able to keep everyone who hits free agency.

I should of said this year, right now its 35M under 2012 cap. I wish we would use some 2011 cap room on an extension like Rogers or Brooks.

I pray we dont lose Rogers, I would rather tag Goldson, but rather keep Rogers over him. I just can't fathom counting on Goldson after he cashes in.

So where are people getting this $11 million # and you now say it' $35 million? Pretty large difference. Now I'm confused about our cap?...

Currently we're $11 million under. After this years contracts expire we'll be $35-$40 Million under going into the 2012 league year. We have money to spend. Maiocco simply said it's "possible" Carlos Rogers priced himself out of the 49ers range, and it's entirely possible another team offers him more than he is worth and/or more years than is reasonable.
rogers is 30 yrs old, giving him 5 yrs or more is insane

Yeah, Staley was the biggest surprise for me along with Goldson.
It is a great honor for the 49ers franchise to have so many players on the roster. To the victor go the spoils.

That being said, I think the league missed the mark on some of the players. Bowman has outplayed Willis this season. Iupati has outplayed Staley this year (although at different positions).

Akers can thank the ineptness of the Niners' offense in the red zone.

All in all, a terrific (very good, very nice) group of players that made the roster.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Just to claify, w
Quote:

link

great

OMG

rogers is 30 yrs old, giving him 5 yrs or more is insane

Why? NFL contracts are not guaranteed and we can release him after year 3 if the contract is front loaded and it wouldn't hurt us too bad. Its like the clements deal, you didn't really think Clements was gonna see that 80 mil when we signed him did you?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Goldson is an alternate, different deal...........

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Goldson is an alternate, different deal...........

Not quite. He's named to the team, just not as a starter. Just like Gore.
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
Why is everyone hating on Goldson? He had a probowl year and deserves it.

It boggles my mind how he can have 6 int's and people think he is the Ssuuuxxooorrsss..... I'm guessing these guys don't watch the games....

yeah, because number of picks is ALL that matters when it comes to safeties...

Goldson is a good FS. I just dont know if hes an elite FS. I think thats really pushing it. He does an excellent job creating turnovers, but at the same time his fundamentals are shoddy. his tackling needs alot of work in particular, and he need to play smarter. going for the big hit or the strip over making a quality wrap tackle is what makes me question his game, and his coverage ability has always been suspect. Its been a bit better this year, but I definitely think there were far more deserving Niners who didnt make the team.

players like Goldson, who key in on the knockout hit, the forced fumble, and the big play INT will always get more attention than the S who play fundamentally sound. Troy Polamalu makes his living being the poster child for this. Ask Steeler fans, and theyll admit he can be just as much a liability from being reckless. But he has big hair, jumps over the pile to make tackles, and plays for the Steelers, so hes a household name.

Maybe im just old fashioned, but as great as it is to have a reckless guy like Goldson back there, id prefer my S make quality tackles and play tight coverage first and foremost. good for Goldson and Staley though. Its about time the Niners got some picks who maybe shouldnt have been, rather than a ton of snubs.
Not quite. He's named to the team, just not as a starter. Just like Gore.

goldson is not an alternate
No Pro Bowl Game for these two players?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THATS CRAZY!!
Share 49ersWebzone