There are 179 users in the forums

Eight Niners named to Pro Bowl

Shop Find 49ers gear online
8 Pro Bowlers! EIGHT! I do say that is awesome.

Really surprised Staley got the nod.

Glad to see Carlos get recognized for a great season, it's his first year here but from the interviews he seems like a perfect fit and hope he sticks around for a few more seasons.

As much as I would have liked to have seen NaVarro get voted in I don't think it would come at the expense of pWilly. I think everyone knows how good Bow is now so the Pro Bowls will come in time.

It's a shame that Aldon was never on the fan ballot because unlike alot of rookies he didn't come on strong early and taper off. He has gotten progressively better each week and that kind of play is rare for most rookies always seem to hit some sort of wall. Again like Bowman, his Pro Bowls will come.

Glad to see Gore get back to Hawaii. He's still the heart of this team.

The Bay Area dominates the kicking game. Akers, Lee, Jano and Lechler. That really is awesome.

Suprised Goldson made it. Always been a personal favorite of mine and was caught off guard when his name appeared on the list. That will certainly drive up his asking price. Probably going to have to start looking for his replacement. Let's hope he ends his 9er career on a high note.

Justin Smith. I don't even know what to say! I remember not exactly being overwhelmed when SF signed him a few years back. That guy has been a block of granite since day 1. The cliche that his impact doesn't show up on the stat sheet rings true here. I don't think there's been a more consistent defensive player in the league this year and I hope he gets recognized with a DPOY award. He really deserves it.

Patrick continues to be Patrick. It's pretty safe to say he's been the best draft pick the 9ers have had since Jerry Rice. Sometimes you know when your fortunes will change as a fan of a team. You might not know exactly when but you know it will happen. Drafting Willis was that moment for me. I was so sure about his ability that on the spot I made a bet with my friend. The bet was for $250. My friend is a season ticket die-hard Jet fan. The good kind of Jet fan. I said that Patrick Willis would be better than Jonathan Vilma right out of the gate. The criteria is that Willis would have to win DROY as Vilma did, make either 1st or 2nd team all pro which Vilma had yet to do in his career and has still yet to. Last Willis would have to make the Pro Bowl which Vilma did in his 2nd season. If he just won DROY the bet was a push. If Willis got the DROY and either All Pro or Pro Bowl bids, I won. Naturally if Willis got nada, my friend won. As a sidenote, personally I think highly of Vilma, wasn't an attempt to knock him.

Fast forward to opening night against the Cardinals. I was back at my friend Bob's apartment. Long story short, after the display Willis put on, Bob went into his room and came back and handed me 250 bones. Laughing I told him we had to wait till the end of the season. He looked at me and I'll never forget it. He simply said "Do we? Do we?". That was it. After week one he allready conceded that Willis was special.

Go 9ers.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Dec 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Quote:
Rogers is not likely to sign a new contract with the 49ers before the start of free agency in the spring. And it's possible that he priced himself out of the 49ers' market with his best NFL season.

link

great

Don't be a bunch of cheap a**es again. Damn Yorks. You have some good players now and like $40 million under the cap. So sign them.

LOL @the fact you think the Yorks have anything to do with re-signing players

It's their money and they set the rules how to spend it. Nobody else would determine that a great player has "priced themselves out of the 49ers market." ALL YORKIES. Don't surprise me at all. Back to their old ways. Get a great team and let all the good players go in FA. So we can rebuild again....

OMG
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Lol @ Philip Rivers making it.
Quote:
Rogers is not likely to sign a new contract with the 49ers before the start of free agency in the spring. And it's possible that he priced himself out of the 49ers' market with his best NFL season.

link

great

Don't be a bunch of cheap a**es again. Damn Yorks. You have some good players now and like $40 million under the cap. So sign them.

It's their money and they set the rules how to spend it. Nobody else would determine that a great player has "priced themselves out of the 49ers market." ALL YORKIES. Don't surprise me at all. Back to their old ways. Get a great team and let all the good players go in FA. So we can rebuild again....

OMG

I'm sure that wasn't what Maiocco meant by 'being priced out of the 49ers market'. I'm more than positive that after our own FA's and draft picks are signed next year we will have little to no cap room.

That hardly has anything to do with the Yorks and their supposed 'cheapness' which is a crock of s**t imo.
I'm surprised that Gore made it this year. His number may not be all that good this year. I thought some people may not vote for him for that reason. Respect for Frank by his opponents on the field goes along way. Glad in some ways people realized this too about Frank.
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

The Condor has spoken .... @AldonSmith: God has a plan. I'll take the ring over the bowl any day!

#boss

That isn't Aldon Smith's real twitter account tho
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I'm surprised that Gore made it this year. His number may not be all that good this year. I thought some people may not vote for him for that reason. Respect for Frank by his opponents on the field goes along way. Glad in some ways people realized this too about Frank.

i believe this is his second highest rushing total of his career
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
WTF Goldson is starting next to Earl Thomas?

Were there really no safeties having a better year than Goldson?

He has the most INT's of any safety in the NFC - and only 1 shy of tying for the league lead. Add in 50+ tackles, a forced fumble and a recovery - So no, there really weren't any other safeties having a better year.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
The big surprise to me is Staley as a starting LT on the probowl roster. Is he really that good? I always viewed him as solid, but not starting probowl level.

Bowman and A. Smith* got screwed.

*No, not THAT A. Smith.

Wooo Hooo!

Finally we get some respect around here.

I feel your pain, SD. But remember, this is Matt Maiocco speaking, not the GM,HC or the Yorkies. Also, I think the 49ers FO has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to personnel decisions. With that said, it would be tough to see some of those guys go.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I said.. Big Boo!!!!! I don't want Eighter Niners will go to Pro Bowl? Booo!!! Boo!!! It is important Pro Bowl than Championship? what's wrong with you the people?

Players on Super Bowl teams will not participate in the Pro Bowl. Don't worry about that.
Yeah, i know what u mean.. 49ers will be rest for first round bye? then 2nd round if 49ers could beat the NO or Lion or ATL then 3 round if 49ers will beat the GB? then 4 round that means 49ers can't go to Pro Bowl Or If 49ers lose games 2nd round or 3 round or 4 rounds that means go to Pro Bowl.. then 5 round is biggest championship! u know what i mean? did u watch the playoff football before? let me know..
I am really happy for Staley, but I did not expect him to be named let alone win.
Quote:

link

great

OMG

You guys need to chill. Only Maiocco mentioned that possibility, not anyone involved with the Niners organization. No need to get all huffed up about who's fault it is that Rogers won't be re-signed when there is no indication that he won't be.
Share 49ersWebzone