LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Eight Niners named to Pro Bowl

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Iupati and Aldon Smith got snubbed.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I said.. Big Boo!!!!! I don't want Eighter Niners will go to Pro Bowl? Booo!!! Boo!!! It is important Pro Bowl than Championship? what's wrong with you the people?

Players on Super Bowl teams will not participate in the Pro Bowl. Don't worry about that.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
WTF Goldson is starting next to Earl Thomas?

Were there really no safeties having a better year than Goldson?

Are you kidding? Have you been watching this season. Dude has been a monster all year. He's gonna get paid.
Originally posted by jreff22:
49ersnews 49ers News

Counting alternates the 49ers have a total of 18 possibly to Pro Bowl. Let that sink in for a moment. 18.

and that is mostly with the same personal for a few years now......i've been saying we have more talent than most teams, but nooooooo we need to replace everyone is what most want to do around here. that is why i'm not suprised with our win total. sure its alot but ive always felt we should win most games. people are like hey we have 10 wins be happy....eh, there is more than that. i'm thinking are doing the right things to win playoff games. right now we are still doing horrible on 3rd down conversions. we need to fix that asap.
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
Why is everyone hating on Goldson? He had a probowl year and deserves it.

It boggles my mind how he can have 6 int's and people think he is the Ssuuuxxooorrsss..... I'm guessing these guys don't watch the games....
Originally posted by Afrikan:
49ersnews 49ers News

Counting alternates the 49ers have a total of 18 possibly to Pro Bowl. Let that sink in for a moment. 18.

and that is mostly with the same personal for a few years now......i've been saying we have more talent than most teams, but nooooooo we need to replace everyone is what most want to do around here. that is why i'm not suprised with our win total. sure its alot but ive always felt we should win most games. people are like hey we have 10 wins be happy....eh, there is more than that. i'm thinking are doing the right things to win playoff games. right now we are still doing horrible on 3rd down conversions. we need to fix that asap.

my question is, is the talent this good because of the system and supporting cast? Goldson has never had a year like this for instance...what happened
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm really shocked at the Staley pick. He must be better than I thought. Clearly he wasn't getting the fan vote, so his peers and coaches must think highly of him. I'm really glad to hear it though. Our Oline has been magnificent this year.

He's better than given credit for. Our O Line troubles mostly revolve around Chilo and the center position. Staley when healthy has been good.
Quote:
Rogers is not likely to sign a new contract with the 49ers before the start of free agency in the spring. And it's possible that he priced himself out of the 49ers' market with his best NFL season.

link

great
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Quote:
Rogers is not likely to sign a new contract with the 49ers before the start of free agency in the spring. And it's possible that he priced himself out of the 49ers' market with his best NFL season.

link

great

Don't be a bunch of cheap a**es again. Damn Yorks. You have some good players now and like $40 million under the cap. So sign them.
They should snubbed Aldon Smith for DROY. Give it to Von Miller. That way Aldon will tear apart every QB that we will go against in the playoffs and the SB. They won't give it to you Aldon. You have to take it from them.

49ersnews 49ers News

my question is, is the talent this good because of the system and supporting cast? Goldson has never had a year like this for instance...what happened

two years ago goldson was playing at a probowl level....or at least doing amazing things. covering alot of ground in the secondary and getting athletic ints....as well as causing key fumbles. but yeah coaching has to do with it as well.
49ersnews 49ers News

two years ago goldson was playing at a probowl level....or at least doing amazing things. covering alot of ground in the secondary and getting athletic ints....as well as causing key fumbles. but yeah coaching has to do with it as well.

He was playing great 2 years ago. Goldson was injured last season I believe and not full strength or full speed. Makes a difference. He's always been good.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Quote:

link

great

Don't be a bunch of cheap a**es again. Damn Yorks. You have some good players now and like $40 million under the cap. So sign them.

LOL @the fact you think the Yorks have anything to do with re-signing players
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Quote:

link

great

LOL @the fact you think the Yorks have anything to do with re-signing players

It's their money and they set the rules how to spend it. Nobody else would determine that a great player has "priced themselves out of the 49ers market." ALL YORKIES. Don't surprise me at all. Back to their old ways. Get a great team and let all the good players go in FA. So we can rebuild again....
Quote:

link

great

As long as the Niners contract offer for Roger is a fair one, I think Roger will not go anywhere else for more money. I think he really like Fangio's defense. And like playing for us. We also have something most team don't have, a very good front 7. That helps any DB playing behind it. Football wise we are a perfect situation for Rogers. If the money is fair, that would be a closer.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone