LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i would like to see konrad come up from the practice squad to replace walker. Because i think walker is injured. what free agent recivers are out there other then t.o and moss?
Originally posted by Shaj:
We missed out on a compensatory pick by releasing him instead of waiting for his contract to expire. Baalke can do a lot with late round picks.

Good point, although it's possible that the move could be to bring up Reuland from the practice squad now that Walker is out.

Also, while it wouldn't be more than a 7th round comp pick, I suppose it just goes to show how much Harbaugh/Baalke were unhappy with Edwards.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Dec 27, 2011 at 8:47 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am so suprising that shock this.. Why does Braylon Edwards got an injured again over again? Maybe, he don't want plays for us because he want the moneys that mean he can't playing? that is fine.. ask him for released that cut bonus moneys then toobad for him.. I think, good move because let 49ers players learn the less that mean.. not play games or fool for us! Go 49ers Go, Baby!

You've been posting here for years now. Your English haven't improved one damn bit. But some how I'm up to understanding half of what you're saying. As opposed to before where every word is migraine inducing.

^^^ hasn't
Bye Edwards. Hello TO.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am so suprising that shock this.. Why does Braylon Edwards got an injured again over again? Maybe, he don't want plays for us because he want the moneys that mean he can't playing? that is fine.. ask him for released that cut bonus moneys then toobad for him.. I think, good move because let 49ers players learn the less that mean.. not play games or fool for us! Go 49ers Go, Baby!

You've been posting here for years now. Your English haven't improved one damn bit. But some how I'm up to understanding half of what you're saying. As opposed to before where every word is migraine inducing.

^^^ hasn't

He meant his billiards game and language need work
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We missed out on a compensatory pick by releasing him instead of waiting for his contract to expire. Baalke can do a lot with late round picks.

Good point, although it's possible that the move could be to bring up Reuland from the practice squad now that Walker is out.

Also, while it wouldn't be more than a 7th round comp pick, I suppose it just goes to show how much Harbaugh/Baalke were unhappy with Edwards.

I really think he pissed off management. It's a message to the team.
I just re-watched the Giants game....

Braylon Edwards had a pretty sweet game for us there moving the sticks. The only issue was 2 or 3 redzone passes that didn't connect with Alex Smith.

It might have been his best game all season. A shame.
Quick note, we saved all of $58,823K, 1 weeks paycheck on the release.

So he gets the rest of his $1M base salary, but he doesnt see the extra 2.5M in incentives that weren't likely anyway.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I really think he pissed off management. It's a message to the team.

That and I think if they just IR'd him he wouldn't be fully engaged or invested in the team. He'd just be hanging out and re-habbing and we all know, idle hands are the devils workshop. It would just be a matter of time before he did something stupid and became a true distraction.

The uncertainty with Walker just makes it easier.
dont get the hare on braylon---he got hurt early and never got healthy...things could have been great but for the injury, but it was clear he wasnt right physically and niners did right thing in moving now

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
Can someone summarize just what was the rational for releasing Braylon. He seemed to be a good guy put in the extra work with Alex. So what is the rational behind the move?
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Can someone summarize just what was the rational for releasing Braylon. He seemed to be a good guy put in the extra work with Alex. So what is the rational behind the move?

No one knows for sure, but odds are that the lack of performance (regardless of the reason) and Walker's injury makes it important to bring someone who can help with the pass catching game. Since Edwards wasn't contributing, they need the roster spot for someone who can...likely Konrad. All conjecture though until Harbaugh makes a move.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

No one knows for sure, but odds are that the lack of performance (regardless of the reason) and Walker's injury makes it important to bring someone who can help with the pass catching game. Since Edwards wasn't contributing, they need the roster spot for someone who can...likely Konrad. All conjecture though until Harbaugh makes a move.

The way I see it: frees up a roster spot for us immediately. An extra week of preparation/practice is priceless in this league. Secondly, he was hurt and not fully healthy, but not hurt enough to go on IR. Management probably wanted to give him a chance of signing with another team - maybe someone would take a flyer on him if they had injuries at the WR position.

Compensatory picks are based off a complex format that accounts for contract size, playing time and production.

Edwards might be out of football in 2012.

The extra productive body on Sunday is worth the risk.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

The way I see it: frees up a roster spot for us immediately. An extra week of preparation/practice is priceless in this league. Secondly, he was hurt and not fully healthy, but not hurt enough to go on IR. Management probably wanted to give him a chance of signing with another team - maybe someone would take a flyer on him if they had injuries at the WR position.

Thanks guys this makes the most sense, I just wonder if and when Harbaugh will comment on this.
Share 49ersWebzone