There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Braylon Edwards released

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I don't have a computer so I'm late to the party here but is there a list of FA WR's somewhere?

Look in the who should we sign thread

Thank you
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
If you don't know the diff between Irvin/Rice yelling at their teammates and Owens, then I don't know what to tell you.

How many times was Irvin released because he didn't get along with his teammates? How many times was Rice released for that reason?

Owens wasn't released in SF (but he burned his bridges), but he was let go from Philly in the middel of the year, released in Dallas (the same team that kept Irvin when he was snorting Cocaine with Hookers), and freakin CINCINATTI didn't keep him.

Owens is the definition of a Cancer. To compare him to Irvin or Rice yelling at theur teammates tells me you simply don't understand.
Again I said not to bring up the SF and Philly bs and you did anyway. Just like the media cant forget the past so you watch his every move to make a story out of nothing. And im not comparing Owens playing career to Rice or Irvin's im pointing out the diva portion of it, most WR's are divas and whats in the past should stay in the past, to bring up what he did 10 years ago is dumb. And he was released my Dallas because they weren't winning in the playoffs and he was 34 years old with a huge contract, thats what the organization said, so that is fact to me, but people like yourself or iwaswrongrubber and media types will always say its because Owens has worn out his welcome and at 37 years old Cinncy was looking to go younger (bad example). And please don't question my love for Rice or any 49er, Rice is my favorite 49er of all time and always will but at the same time my point was all WR's are baby's and probably always will. Of course Owens did things that were over the top that aren't comparable to Rice and Irvin but again he did them 10 years ago! to compare the Owens in SF and Philly to the Owens in Dallas, Buffalo and Cincinnati is like comparing Saddam to Gandhi.

I know I shouldn't be talking to a wall, because a wall doesn't listen, but here goes.

You cannot compare T.O. to Rice or Irvin -- and you did. You also cannot make the blanket statement that "most wide receivers are divas," because they're not. In fact, I'd venture to say that most of them are not. They are hardworking members of a team. I will back you up on the argument that, for a period in time, a lot of media attention was focused on the relatively few handful of diva-types -- which only served to create more and more of them.

Braylon Edwards was a DIVA. He still is very much a DIVA. This is why he's no longer playing NFL Football and I truly believe that San Francisco was Braylon's last stop. You just don't get that many chances in the NFL -- and Braylon has washed up and out in three locations. Ever heard of Three Strikes and You're Out? I don't think Braylon has, but he's going to find it very hard to latch on with a new team next season.

The NFL is doing its level best to shed the diva types from rosters. That's why Moss isn't playing anymore. It's why nobody is interested in T.O. It's why Braylon is now in street clothes. And it's one reason why Crabtree has worked so damn hard this season -- because he had that diva tag and wanted to shed it, badly. I think he has.

Everyone knows what a cancer T.O. was. Every player knows what a cancer he was. He's a lesson and example that other players don't want to follow. Because T.O. will never be remembered for his spectacular playing ability. He'll never been remembered for "The Catch II" that powered us past Green Bay. He won't be remembered for anything other than his stupid, silly antics and the fact that he was a locker room cancer.

Money had nothing to do with the fact why he washed up and out in Philly. It had nothing to do with why he washed up and out of Dallas, Cincy or Buffalo. You are deluding yourself if you think differently. T.O. was a stain on the NFL. That's what he was. It's all he'll ever be. Nobody wants him. Nobody will sign him. There's a reason why. It's not because he's washed up and his skills are gone. I don't think they are.

But you pay far too high a price for someone like that on your roster. The proof is in his track record. He just couldn't stop being a cancer. I don't feel sorry for him. In fact, I think he's an idiot. He wasted so much God given talent that it makes me shake my head.

But you're just plain wrong if you don't believe, for an instant, that T.O. was terrible for football.
Jerry Rice was looking pretty good before the Steelers game. I bet he could play 15 snaps a game for the rest of the year.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:

Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:

Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

One year deal, he would try his hardest. Do it!

I think he would definitely add a receiving threat during the playoffs. At this point he would only help our team. DO IT!!!!
i am so suprising that shock this.. Why does Braylon Edwards got an injured again over again? Maybe, he don't want plays for us because he want the moneys that mean he can't playing? that is fine.. ask him for released that cut bonus moneys then toobad for him.. I think, good move because let 49ers players learn the less that mean.. not play games or fool for us! Go 49ers Go, Baby!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i am so suprising that shock this.. Why does Braylon Edwards got an injured again over again? Maybe, he don't want plays for us because he want the moneys that mean he can't playing? that is fine.. ask him for released that cut bonus moneys then toobad for him.. I think, good move because let 49ers players learn the less that mean.. not play games or fool for us! Go 49ers Go, Baby!

yeah, what he said
The niners should sign T.O. Think about it he hasn't played all year he's hungry, healthy and ready to show the world that he's not done!!
Originally posted by Faithful83:
The niners should sign T.O. Think about it he hasn't played all year he's hungry, healthy and ready to show the world that he's not done!!

So we release one diva only to sign another? No thanks.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

So we release one diva only to sign another? No thanks.
In spite of his attitude T.O. still put up great numbers and appeared to give a good physical effort on every play. The same cannot be said about Edwards. After I saw him against Michigan St, scoring 2 tds in the last 6 minutes and one in overtime to bring Michigan back from the dead, I was amazed. He was a man against boys turning what looked like picks into TDs. I then declared him the next great wide receiver. He has all the physical tools, but not the mental tools. I cannot stand players that don't make the effort to be the best they can be.

Insert facepalm here.
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Insert facepalm here.

Removes facepalm and inserts cheers! Sign him!
just say no to T.O.
Good luck to Edwards on his next move in the NFL
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

yeah, what he said
Yeah man.. i find out about news today.. Edwards had 15 catches for 181 yards and no touchdowns in eight games with five starts for the NFC West champion 49ers (12-3) after receiving a $3.5 million, one-year contract in August.. Now, you see this? Why Edwards had not enough for 181 yards and no touchdowns? .. smh.. Thank You 49ers make good pay attend!! Good Job 49ers..
I wonder if we re-sign him (Braylon Edwards not T.O.) before the playoffs. what if it is a smoke screen for the NO defense coordinators.
[ Edited by alaskanassassin7 on Dec 27, 2011 at 7:01 PM ]