LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Why would they? He's on a 1 year deal anyway. Just cut him loose.

They can't clear him to play and then put him on IR. Just looks bad.

I don't know that he was ever healthy enough to play, so I think they could simply say he wasn't healthy enough, but he tried to come back to help the team.

IF injury is the only issue, IR seems like the right thing to do. IF the 9ers go on to win the SB he is still a part of the team... I'm sure there are some financial ramifications as well... Joshua Morgan is in the final year of his deal, he wasn't cut, he was put on IR. Plus its just a lot less messy... there wouldn't be all the speculation that is going on right now.

It just seems like there is something else going on here... but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and making out to be something it isn't.
Good chance Reuland gets called up.
"Reuland nicknamed 'Novacek'" back in August..."every ball thrown his way is caught"
Lets hope this guy finds the endzone as well as he catches the ball.
kaep needs playing time....throw him the ball.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
We don't know their status's or have any clue as to when they'll return....They are jsut names for right now

Williams did get up and walk off the field... probably just bruised ribs or something... should be ok (maybe a bit sore) in 3 weeks. Ginn said it wasn't an ankle sprain... I would expect him to be back as well.

As for Reuland... we could use a big target for the redzone and he already knows the offense. He's probably the guy that gets Edwards spot.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We don't know their status's or have any clue as to when they'll return....They are jsut names for right now

Williams did get up and walk off the field... probably just bruised ribs or something... should be ok (maybe a bit sore) in 3 weeks. Ginn said it wasn't an ankle sprain... I would expect him to be back as well.

As for Reuland... we could use a big target for the redzone and he already knows the offense. He's probably the guy that gets Edwards spot.

Regardless, let's expect the worst possible scenario and prepare for that instead of just assuming Ginn and Williams will be 100% ready come playoff time...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Regardless, let's expect the worst possible scenario and prepare for that instead of just assuming Ginn and Williams will be 100% ready come playoff time...

this
Originally posted by Pick6:
Why would they? He's on a 1 year deal anyway. Just cut him loose.

They can't clear him to play and then put him on IR. Just looks bad.

I don't know that he was ever healthy enough to play, so I think they could simply say he wasn't healthy enough, but he tried to come back to help the team.

IF injury is the only issue, IR seems like the right thing to do. IF the 9ers go on to win the SB he is still a part of the team... I'm sure there are some financial ramifications as well... Joshua Morgan is in the final year of his deal, he wasn't cut, he was put on IR. Plus its just a lot less messy... there wouldn't be all the speculation that is going on right now.

It just seems like there is something else going on here... but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and making out to be something it isn't.

Yes, but Joshua Morgan got hurt in week 4 or 5 and he's expected to be back.
If you don't know the diff between Irvin/Rice yelling at their teammates and Owens, then I don't know what to tell you.

How many times was Irvin released because he didn't get along with his teammates? How many times was Rice released for that reason?

Owens wasn't released in SF (but he burned his bridges), but he was let go from Philly in the middel of the year, released in Dallas (the same team that kept Irvin when he was snorting Cocaine with Hookers), and freakin CINCINATTI didn't keep him.

Owens is the definition of a Cancer. To compare him to Irvin or Rice yelling at theur teammates tells me you simply don't understand.
Again I said not to bring up the SF and Philly bs and you did anyway. Just like the media cant forget the past so you watch his every move to make a story out of nothing. And im not comparing Owens playing career to Rice or Irvin's im pointing out the diva portion of it, most WR's are divas and whats in the past should stay in the past, to bring up what he did 10 years ago is dumb. And he was released my Dallas because they weren't winning in the playoffs and he was 34 years old with a huge contract, thats what the organization said, so that is fact to me, but people like yourself or iwaswrongrubber and media types will always say its because Owens has worn out his welcome and at 37 years old Cinncy was looking to go younger (bad example). And please don't question my love for Rice or any 49er, Rice is my favorite 49er of all time and always will but at the same time my point was all WR's are baby's and probably always will. Of course Owens did things that were over the top that aren't comparable to Rice and Irvin but again he did them 10 years ago! to compare the Owens in SF and Philly to the Owens in Dallas, Buffalo and Cincinnati is like comparing Saddam to Gandhi.
f**k it's about time...

Originally posted by boast:

OTB
Thats kinda my point.

You CAN'T talk about TO and just throw away the SF and Philly "BS". THAT is the stuff that keeps teams from giving him a shot.

I know you didn't compare his ability to Irvin and Rice. Read what I'm saying. I'm talking specifically about their BEHAVIOR. People who really liked TO always wanted to paint him as "misunderstood" and that he simply talks to his teammates the same way Rice or Irvin did.

Thats BS.

Rice and Irvin yelled at their teammates because they expected more from them. They could do that because their teammates knew there was never any malice behind it. Aikman and Emmitt LOVED Michael, drug habit and all. They knew where he was coming from. When he lit someone up on the sideline, nobody ever questioned where he was coming from.

Same with Jerry. Jerry could actually be an a$$ at times, but it was never because he "wasn't getting his". It was because he wanted to win and he would never accept less than 100% from anyone because he always put in his 100%. BTW...when did I question your Rice love?

TO, while he worked very hard and trained like a madman, was a DIVISIVE force. He didn't unite the locker room, he divided it. He was selfish. He made comments to the media berating his teammates (Garcia and McNabb come to mind) AND his coaches. That isn't being a teammate.

As for your final line....thats a load of BS. Saddam to Ghandi? Really?

A mass murderer and a dictator to a man who became famous for NON-violence. I didn't think you could be more wrong....but you proved me wrong.

Has TO calmed down in his old age? Of course he has. We all do. If you are a GM tho are you seriously going to take a chance on a great locker room by bringing in THAT guy for a playoff run? He was RELEASED in Dallas. Buffalo had no interest after ONE year. Neither did Cincy. Are you simply saying that poor Terrell has had bad luck and that all these other teams are just letting him go because of his age?

Please.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
stop with this T.O nonsense...hes a cancer ..we've been through this one time..AND THAT WAS ENOUGH
Thats kinda my point.

You CAN'T talk about TO and just throw away the SF and Philly "BS". THAT is the stuff that keeps teams from giving him a shot.

I know you didn't compare his ability to Irvin and Rice. Read what I'm saying. I'm talking specifically about their BEHAVIOR. People who really liked TO always wanted to paint him as "misunderstood" and that he simply talks to his teammates the same way Rice or Irvin did.

Thats BS.

Rice and Irvin yelled at their teammates because they expected more from them. They could do that because their teammates knew there was never any malice behind it. Aikman and Emmitt LOVED Michael, drug habit and all. They knew where he was coming from. When he lit someone up on the sideline, nobody ever questioned where he was coming from.

Same with Jerry. Jerry could actually be an a$$ at times, but it was never because he "wasn't getting his". It was because he wanted to win and he would never accept less than 100% from anyone because he always put in his 100%. BTW...when did I question your Rice love?

TO, while he worked very hard and trained like a madman, was a DIVISIVE force. He didn't unite the locker room, he divided it. He was selfish. He made comments to the media berating his teammates (Garcia and McNabb come to mind) AND his coaches. That isn't being a teammate.

As for your final line....thats a load of BS. Saddam to Ghandi? Really?

A mass murderer and a dictator to a man who became famous for NON-violence. I didn't think you could be more wrong....but you proved me wrong.

Has TO calmed down in his old age? Of course he has. We all do. If you are a GM tho are you seriously going to take a chance on a great locker room by bringing in THAT guy for a playoff run? He was RELEASED in Dallas. Buffalo had no interest after ONE year. Neither did Cincy. Are you simply saying that poor Terrell has had bad luck and that all these other teams are just letting him go because of his age?

Please.
I like how you took my last line as serious lol I was making the point of two extremes. Examples comparing his early career with SF and Philly to his last few teams hes played for are big differences. I think you made my point for me " Has TO calmed down in his old age? Of course he has. We all do." So with that said what else is there that bothers you with signing the guy? Is it his past with the 49ers and Eagles? oh wait you already mentioned that, he was in his 20's you cant compare someone in their 20's to their late 30's its not fair for one and if every job that you ever applied at put you under a micro scope and brought up things that you did in your 20's you would never get a job, as most people wouldn't. About Rice it wasn't always motivational, Bill Walsh just did a much more amazing job at making sure that his players comments didn't leave the locker room than Mariucci ever did, we didn't find out things till after Rice was finishing up his career, comments like I struggled my first year because of Bill's offense being so complicated, something that if Owens said would have been a big no no and blown up like he was disrespecting his coach. It almost seems like Rice cant keep it quiet even now lol. I have confidence in Harbaugh to make sure the locker room doesn't get out of control if Owens thinks that he can do what he did in SF (which he wouldn't) Harbaugh would squeeze his hand so hard Owens would fall over and die.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

Share 49ersWebzone