LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Would You Trade CK

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would You Trade CK

No.
Uh....why? And for what?
Trade him for a healthy Braylon Edwards in a year.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

wtf ban because he considers trading a 2nd round pick?

It's stupid to even ask at this point

Same could've been said when we traded Taylor Mays.

Not even the same scenario

similar

How so? Please explain.

player mainly picked on physical and athletic potential that is a project and has a lot to work on/learn.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. Also both are young in their careers to be judged.

It was well noted that when Baalke gained the GM powers he got rid of Mays because it was not his pick but rather Sings influenced pick.
Baalke just drafted CK so why on earth would he want to trade him?

Because Alex is the future?
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes. He bangs into the RB for handoffs, he has zero pocket presense, no accuracy and doesn't read the field well. He mostly takes off and runs. Looks like a tall RB to me. The only guy I really question in this draft. A completely wasted pick. I don't think you can get much for him so he will stay with us. But I don't think he will amount to much with us. Alex will be the starter after 12 - 3 and likely 13 - 3 after the last game and the #2 seed and a bye in the playoffs. No reason not to stick with that.

Sounds like another Niner rookie QB I use to know......

Actually, what I've seen from CK most reminds me of what I saw from Gio Carmazzi when he played for us. They both seem to be equally awkward and non-instinctual on the field. But CK may have a bright future, we don't know. I am pretty certain that Andy Dalton was the way better catch though. I think Baalke may have messed this one up.

Because he struck gold on almost all of his other draft picks (Aldon, Hunter, Culliver, Miller), I am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Kaepernick's trade value is basically jack s**t right now until he proves something. The only way I'd be fine with the 49ers trading him is if it was in a package for Andrew Luck.
I wouldn't...not now, anyway. As Shaj points out, he has no market value yet. Harbaugh's happy with Alex...when you're 12-3, that makes sense. However, I also know Josh Johnson's a FA after this season...and it would be a huge surprise if Harbaugh doesn't get him. They have a history together...Harbaugh's very high on him, and from what I've seen, he has a right to be. JJ's a real playmaker...and would present a formidable challenge to Alex and CK. If that happens, Tolzien goes to the PS.
Oakland...Baalke didn't screw up in the draft...the Bengals simply beat him to Dalton. It wasn't for lack of trying to get him. Agree, he looks very good and appears to have a bright future. CK was the next best option...at least in Harbaugh's mind. After all, he had a private workout with him...and obviously feels he has a lot of potential. Only time will tell...
No. You keep Kap as long as you can and groom him the way that I wanted to Groom Alex. Alex may be the immediate to long term future, but you always want your back up option to be as strong as possible.

If Kap can steal the job, good for him.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Oakland...Baalke didn't screw up in the draft...the Bengals simply beat him to Dalton. It wasn't for lack of trying to get him. Agree, he looks very good and appears to have a bright future. CK was the next best option...at least in Harbaugh's mind. After all, he had a private workout with him...and obviously feels he has a lot of potential. Only time will tell...

says who...how do we know that Dalton wasn't on the radar?

Not a chance. Of course Harbaugh is continuing to pump up Smith as our answer, he needs our current QB to be confident. But if someone, Kaepernick or anyonne else, outplays Smith and earns the job, then I believe Harbaugh would make the change. At least wait a year before even beginning to consider this, we have no idea at this point what we have with Kaepernick but if Harbaugh took him in the 2nd round you have to believe he's got something Harbaugh would want to keep on this team.
As it stands right now, we probably won't get anything better than a 5th round pick, and even that if stretching it. The only NFL tape coaches actually have on this guy is preseason, and he didn't look good there.
No! That would be idiotic. Harbaugh said that because he has to say such things. He still has hope that he can develop Kaepernick into a legit franchise QB. We are going to see a different CK next year after he has a full offseason.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
yes but not for a while

maybe we can revisit this 2 years down the road

he'll be starting if we wait 2 yrs
It is way too early to even discuss Kaepernick. Like everyone says, there are too many variables in play at this time as there are with most of the other rookies on this team and other teams. The 9er organization drafted Kaep for a reason and that reason still exists. You can't even judge Kaepernick as being a bad pick for those who are bagging on him. You can't compare Kaep to Dalton cause Dalton has proven himself and continues to do so because he was given an opportunity unlike Kaep. Based on the little I've seen from Kaep, I liked what I saw. Sure, I saw a rookie, but I like the potential and I liked some rocket completions he made in the preseason. Give him time ON THE BENCH and we'll see what he is really made of soon enough. This thread is out!
Share 49ersWebzone