LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Would You Trade CK

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would You Trade CK

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes. He bangs into the RB for handoffs, he has zero pocket presense, no accuracy and doesn't read the field well. He mostly takes off and runs. Looks like a tall RB to me. The only guy I really question in this draft. A completely wasted pick. I don't think you can get much for him so he will stay with us. But I don't think he will amount to much with us. Alex will be the starter after 12 - 3 and likely 13 - 3 after the last game and the #2 seed and a bye in the playoffs. No reason not to stick with that.

wow, u seemed to have made up your mind on him already
It only took him 6 years and a competent head coach to realize this. lol He needs to sit and learn, unlike tim tebow he has a rocket for an arm, he just needs to learn how to run a complex nfl offense, if alex can under this coach, colin will be able too as well!
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

wtf ban because he considers trading a 2nd round pick?

It's stupid to even ask at this point

Same could've been said when we traded Taylor Mays.

Not even the same scenario

similar

How so? Please explain.

player mainly picked on physical and athletic potential that is a project and has a lot to work on/learn.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
If you can pull a Kevin Kolb and get a 1st round pick + more than yes.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
why would we trade a player like Kapp without seeing what he has? we've only seen glimpses of him. The guy does have the goods to play in a WCO doesnt he?

NO... HE DOSNT. I have said it before and ill say it again. if he wants playing time put him in the slot vs the rams. we need a good receiver...and if he becomes our qb ill likley puke.
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
why would we trade a player like Kapp without seeing what he has? we've only seen glimpses of him. The guy does have the goods to play in a WCO doesnt he?

NO... HE DOSNT. I have said it before and ill say it again. if he wants playing time put him in the slot vs the rams. we need a good receiver...and if he becomes our qb ill likley puke.

I cant recall his combine stats but accuracy was a point for him? and playing in that senior bowl or college bowl? got him noticed or pushed him up the draft order. Coach JH threw footballs with the guy along with other potential qb picks. So it wasnt like he was a wasted pick. The only down side most mentioned was his throwing motion but I recall coach JH saying that that was ok 'thats just how it comes out'.
no because i think he'll eventually be our starter in year 3 or 4
Originally posted by Shaj:
No. CK has no meaningful market value right now because he is unproven, Alex could revert to old form and have a slump next year, Alex might get injured, we need to have someone young we groom as QBOTF, etc. There are many reasons not to do this.

Exactly! Too soon for this........ This is the perfect opportunity to groom a young QB and give him the time to develop.
I would hate to see him go to another team and shine........
Are you nuts??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
This just isnt going to happen. Unless we offered him round the league in which case they would all know he was a flop. 2nd round draft pick, played like 30 seconds in the NFL so far. Not the brightest thread.
Only to the skins.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

not only that, what team in their right mind would give up anything for an unproven player. DIS A DON'T MAKE A NO SENSE!
dumb idea
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Yes. He bangs into the RB for handoffs, he has zero pocket presense, no accuracy and doesn't read the field well. He mostly takes off and runs. Looks like a tall RB to me. The only guy I really question in this draft. A completely wasted pick. I don't think you can get much for him so he will stay with us. But I don't think he will amount to much with us. Alex will be the starter after 12 - 3 and likely 13 - 3 after the last game and the #2 seed and a bye in the playoffs. No reason not to stick with that.

Sounds like another Niner rookie QB I use to know......

I was thinking the same exact thing hahaa
First time I am happy with the qb starter and depth in years. WHY would you mess with the MOJO.??? Let Kaepernick and Tolzien leanr for the next two years. If the starter gets hurt you will find out how NFL ready they are pretty quickly.

He's hardly played!
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Dec 27, 2011 at 8:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone