LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Tarrell Brown on "Come On Man"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's more of a Coverage back.

He's small and skinny. He doesn't need to off himself in an otherwise worthless game IMO.
I think he saw Grant closing in FAST in his peripheral and was afraid that collision, not Baldwin. Understandable, but inexcusable.
I've watched that play again. Not critical of Brown on that. He just came off the block by his receiver, squared up to make the tackle. But Goldson whipped himself towards Brown's lower leg trying to make the tackle on Baldwin. This sequence happened all in a split second. It's a complete natural reaction to someone going for your lower leg on Brown's part. Had Goldson not been there Brown would not have jumped out of the way.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 27, 2011 at 5:55 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
He made a "Business decision"

I really hate that phrase
Originally posted by susweel:
He made a "Business decision"

i would bring him in and tell him you do that again you will be out of a Job , How about that business Decision !
[ Edited by cNiner on Dec 27, 2011 at 7:41 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I've watched that play again. Not critical of Brown on that. He just came off the block by his receiver, squared up to make the tackle. But Goldson whipped himself towards Brown's lower leg trying to make the tackle on Baldwin. This sequence happened all in a split second. It's a complete natural reaction to someone going for your lower leg on Brown's part. Had Goldson not been there Brown would not have jumped out of the way.
That's the way I saw it.

More Goldson's fault than Brown's--who would likely have suffered a serious leg injury--from Goldson--if he'd stayed square and taken on Baldwin.
He is a pure cover guy, not a physical presence. On those routes where he gets burned he is typically in good position but missed his break up attempt, and sometimes it looks as if he was supposed to have over the top coverage from Goldson that didnt get there in time. He's played better than I thought he would, but Spencer (if healthy) seems to handle bigger receivers better, while Brown is decent on the faster receivers.
Did anyone else catch the tayler mays (come on man) I see why we traded him. Good trade!!!
He has done surprisingly better this year.
Looked like he was playing basketball instead of football.lol but not worried, as a professional seeing yourself on cmon man like that, should open his eyes a bit and get his mind back on the right track.

I wasnt too upset about the TD. But replaying Brown ducking out of the way is really getting to me. He probably saw Goldson and thought better of it. But if he stayed in a lowered his shoulder it would have been a sandwich tackle!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
He's more of a Coverage back.

He's small and skinny. He doesn't need to off himself in an otherwise worthless game IMO.

how was that game worthless? We are in a dogfight to get the #2 seed. He allowed Baldwin to walk in the endzone, that is simply unacceptable
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Where is the video of this? CMON MAN!!
[ Edited by jimrat201 on Dec 27, 2011 at 4:09 PM ]
I have seen spencer on the field more and more lately in spot roles, and the ball hardly gets thrown at his wr. I can't wait till the coaching staff pulls the plug on their tarrell brown love fest.
Maybe he let him score to preserve of streak of not allowing a rushing TD
Share 49ersWebzone