There are 148 users in the forums

Tarrell Brown on "Come On Man"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dig most of your posts Axe, but how can he be "burned consistently" when our D gives up less than 14 points a game? That doesn't make sense to me.

P.S. anyone care to elaborate on the not touching Baldwin thing? I dont know what you mean.

What he is saying is absolutely true! Many many times this year Brown has been burned and also been trailing way behind an open receiver only to be saved by an over or underthrown pass. Brees and Rogers and maybe even Ryan or Stafford will hit those throws. Look at the tape, if and when we lose in the playoffs i'd bet the house brown is burnt for a couple of TD's or long gainers. We need a faster more athletic right corner to compliment Carlos,and one who's not afraid to tackle a freaking WR like he was against Baldwin,thus landing him on C'mon man!
Originally posted by Mister49:
I dig most of your posts Axe, but how can he be "burned consistently" when our D gives up less than 14 points a game? That doesn't make sense to me.

P.S. anyone care to elaborate on the not touching Baldwin thing? I dont know what you mean.

What he is saying is absolutely true! Many many times this year Brown has been burned and also been trailing way behind an open receiver only to be saved by an over or underthrown pass. Brees and Rogers and maybe even Ryan or Stafford will hit those throws. Look at the tape, if and when we lose in the playoffs i'd bet the house brown is burnt for a couple of TD's or long gainers. We need a faster more athletic right corner to compliment Carlos,and one who's not afraid to tackle a freaking WR like he was against Baldwin,thus landing him on C'mon man!

Thank you.

Brown just doesn't have the speed to be a lockdown corner. Nickel situations are the only time he should see the field. And this Baldwin play makes me think on top of being slow he also has a vagina.

But right now I'm afraid we're stuck with him. Personally I would start Spencer against the Rams to get him in game shape, there's a good chance he will be called upon in the post season.
Originally posted by stepnez:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Still dont think it was as bad as the Deshon whiff on Baldwin! I dont even know what he was doing on that play he ran up to Baldwin and STOPPED! I was taught in football, in order to make a tackle without missing you have to run threw the player never stop and wait.
the brown play was a disgrace to professional football players... he acted scared. we need a good #1 cb to play with rogers...right now i would play culliver but i recognize i'm not the coach
Wouldn't have happened had Deshon made the play that professionals are supposed to make, im not trying to protect Brown at all on this but Deshon needs to make those plays if he wants top safety money next year and Brown has played a little above average this year as the second best option we have, Culliver will probably take over next year while Brown plays nickel.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
his spot needs to be upgraded.

Teams are going to key on him come playoff time. Mark my words.

He's a decent player just dont have the INT numbers that Rogers has. I personally think the dude has played really well this year, much better then expected.

+1, not a good tackler against the run tho, but solid in coverage. Better than Clements or Spencer last year, that's for sure

Don't get me wrong, I would love an upgrade and I think our 1st round pick should go towards a CB or WR
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 26, 2011 at 8:40 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Even though Brown has been steady for most of the season, we need to add another CB that can really complement Rogers instead of being just serviceable.

I bet Culliver will over take that spot next year. At least I hope so. Culliver hopefully won't be one of those guys that looks like he has potential but never pans out. Hope he can move up the depth chart next year and put Brown in the Nickel

Actually I hope Culliver is tried at FS next season, the guy was All SEC FS I wouldn't mind especially if Goldson or Reggie Smith aren't back.
Brown has played solid all year long. it just seems as if he makes a lot of mistakes because teams generally avoid throwing to Rogers's side.
Yep, big mental lapse. At least it didn't turn out as bad as icing your own kicker during the potential game-winning FG.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Douche bag
I know I'm not the head coach and Harbaugh knows much more football than me yada yada yada...

but come playoff time, if we had to face the Packers I'd rather have Rogers covering Jennings and Spencer on the bigger fast Jordy Nelson. Especially in goal line situations.

this is probably Brown's best year in his career....but my expectations of him are so low that, that an't saying much.

I wish there was a stat resource we could go over that show's a QB's rating against a certain CB and more importantly how a CB does on preventing 1st downs.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 26, 2011 at 9:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I know I'm not the head coach and Harbaugh knows much more football than me yada yada yada...

but come playoff time, if we had to face the Packers I'd rather have Rogers covering Jennings and Spencer on the bigger fast Jordy Nelson. Especially in goal line situations.

this is probably Brown's best year in his career....but my expectations of him are so low that, that an't saying much.

I wish there was a stat resource we could go over that show's a QB's rating against a certain CB and more importantly how a CB does on preventing 1st downs.

You dont believe Alex Smith is from Heaven, so it's hard for me to take your posts serious.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
his spot needs to be upgraded.

Teams are going to key on him come playoff time. Mark my words.

He's a decent player just dont have the INT numbers that Rogers has. I personally think the dude has played really well this year, much better then expected.

+1, not a good tackler against the run tho, but solid in coverage. Better than Clements or Spencer last year, that's for sure

Don't get me wrong, I would love an upgrade and I think our 1st round pick should go towards a CB or WR

I agree, hes pretty suspect as an open field tackler, I'd much rather see him on the opposing teams 3rd receiver. This is where I hope we draft either Chase Minnifield, Alfonzo Dennard or Coryell Judie, all three seem like pretty good tacklers with decent recovery speed.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

You dont believe Alex Smith is from Heaven, so it's hard for me to take your posts serious.

Way to seek attention
Business decision??? Come on now. That was pitiful. No excuse. He sucks IMO. What a p***y. Goldson masked that play. Thank God ESPN pointed out to us. I think JH saw it.;
I saw it during the game and then on 'Come on man'. It looked really bad on his part. I think he has done a good job this year as a starter. It could be worse, we could still have Nate Clements back there. Although Clements would have made the tackle, but we would have gotten burned all season.
I caught it during the game replays...it was a pathetic, unexcusable effort to say the least!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone