LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Tarrell Brown on "Come On Man"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
his spot needs to be upgraded.

Teams are going to key on him come playoff time. Mark my words.

He's a decent player just dont have the INT numbers that Rogers has. I personally think the dude has played really well this year, much better then expected.

you're a hard poster to figure out, Sus.

Go back and watch some games......he gets burned consistently, yet many times it goes unnoticed because the WR was overthrown. Good qb's in the playoffs are going to hit on those.

He's a liability. IMO.

I dig most of your posts Axe, but how can he be "burned consistently" when our D gives up less than 14 points a game? That doesn't make sense to me.

P.S. anyone care to elaborate on the not touching Baldwin thing? I dont know what you mean.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 26, 2011 at 5:55 PM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I think he just saw Dashon Goldson coming up behind Baldwin and thought I am gettin the hell outta the way.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Even though Brown has been steady for most of the season, we need to add another CB that can really complement Rogers instead of being just serviceable.

I bet Culliver will over take that spot next year. At least I hope so. Culliver hopefully won't be one of those guys that looks like he has potential but never pans out. Hope he can move up the depth chart next year and put Brown in the Nickel
Originally posted by zozell:
Anyone else see this segment?? I didn't notice he did that in the game.... He completely dodged Baldwin and avoided contact on that TD reception... good thing it was Rogers on that busted play instead of Brown, otherwise he woulda let Tavaris Jackson score too... Horrible mental lapse on Tarrell

I noticed it right away. It reminded me of Major League and Roger Dorn. "Come on Dorn, don't give me any of this O-lay b******t!"
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Still dont think it was as bad as the Deshon whiff on Baldwin! I dont even know what he was doing on that play he ran up to Baldwin and STOPPED! I was taught in football, in order to make a tackle without missing you have to run threw the player never stop and wait.
the brown play was a disgrace to professional football players... he acted scared. we need a good #1 cb to play with rogers...right now i would play culliver but i recognize i'm not the coach
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by susweel:
his spot needs to be upgraded.

Teams are going to key on him come playoff time. Mark my words.

He's a decent player just dont have the INT numbers that Rogers has. I personally think the dude has played really well this year, much better then expected.

you're a hard poster to figure out, Sus.

Go back and watch some games......he gets burned consistently, yet many times it goes unnoticed because the WR was overthrown. Good qb's in the playoffs are going to hit on those.

He's a liability. IMO.

I dig most of your posts Axe, but how can he be "burned consistently" when our D gives up less than 14 points a game? That doesn't make sense to me.

P.S. anyone care to elaborate on the not touching Baldwin thing? I dont know what you mean.

here I bolded it for ya. Maybe now it'll make sense. At least 1 a game. In the playoffs those will be TDs, where the 14 pts. a game thing won't mean squat.
i miss it! can someone make a youtube video off of it or a gif?
Turrrrrrrrrrrrrible Brown.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
here I bolded it for ya. Maybe now it'll make sense. At least 1 a game. In the playoffs those will be TDs, where the 14 pts. a game thing won't mean squat.

He gets burnt consistently... in the playoffs those will be TD's? OK, my question, Where are the Safeties? I don't recall the plays you speak of, and I don't plan to go looking for them... just not sure that its relevant. If he's man up and knows he doesn't have help over the top maybe he's playing for the quick pass... assuming the qb will be pressured based on the coverage. Risk/Reward... and it appears to be working, I don't think its a fluke at this point in the season.

I saw it live, but it happened quickly that I wasn't sure how much of a shot he had on the play. I didn't see it on countdown either. There are a lot of CB's who don't like to stck there noses in places like that... but if they can shut down the other teams WR that can be overlooked to a point.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Culliver is having a better season than Brown in my opinion. The reason he's not starting over Brown however could be because Brown knows more of the defensive schemes than CC. Also, if memory serves me correct, Vic Fangio is the type of coach who rarely makes any in-season changes to his defense from a personnel standpoint. If his DBs struggle in certain coverages vs. certain looks, he'll scale back the playbook and get more creative in the front-7 to try and solve the issue on the back-end. That's Fangio's philosophy from what I've been able to observe over the years so I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown finish out the season at starting RCB....even if he is struggling.

Originally posted by Pick6:

He gets burnt consistently... in the playoffs those will be TD's? OK, my question, Where are the Safeties? I don't recall the plays you speak of, and I don't plan to go looking for them... just not sure that its relevant. If he's man up and knows he doesn't have help over the top maybe he's playing for the quick pass... assuming the qb will be pressured based on the coverage. Risk/Reward... and it appears to be working, I don't think its a fluke at this point in the season.

I saw it live, but it happened quickly that I wasn't sure how much of a shot he had on the play. I didn't see it on countdown either. There are a lot of CB's who don't like to stck there noses in places like that... but if they can shut down the other teams WR that can be overlooked to a point.

whatever. Makes excuses for him. The fact that you don't recall the plays I'm talking about further illustrates my point. When the WR is running down the sideline and Brown is two steps behind him, he's still getting burned, safety help or not.

And basically Brown got out of Baldwin's way on that TD. No excuse for it, I'm sorry. And if you don't know or haven't seen the play in question, I challenge you not to comment on it.

This discussion will come up again come playoff time, and I'm hoping he'll prove me wrong, however I seriously doubt it. For now, I'm done with this debate.
can someone Youtube that play?
Pretty embarrassing play He's been good and bad this year.
Yes he will be replaced in the starting lineup next season by Culliver. I was pissed when I seen him do that. Come playoffs he has gotta make that play.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
i hope he doesn't get dog on against jordy nelson like the last time he went against him.

nelson will own brown all f**king game
Share 49ersWebzone