There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Finishes In Last Place

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex is also on pace to set the record for the least amount of passing yards by a quarterback who started all 16 games in the regular season.

haha i know this is b******t cus he started all of the games in 06 (actually played every snap) and had fewer yards than he does now
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by kray28:
Alex throws the safe pass...always. Check out some of his side line throws.

He hates throwing over the middle too...that's where a ton of INTs happen. Slants....fuggetaboutit. That's why we should be throwing at least 3-4 a game....but average maybe one slant every 2-3 games.

Pbbbbth. lol. Last year the haters (im sure you were one) were saying that Alex was only able to throw over the middle, and that hated throwing to the sideline. So which is it? Eventually people are gonna figure out that most of you haters really aren't all that "football smart" and hopefully, start ignoring your opinions.

This offense is actually pretty damn good. We almost always win the time of possession and field position battles. We get into field goal range on most of our possessions. We keep our defense on the sideline WAY better than in past seasons. We need to improve red-zone efficiency, but we are still scoring a decent amount of points... and WE'RE 12-3. NONE of you haters would have EVER predicted that. Every f**king week its some new BS reason to justify your alex hatred... BUT it's getting really old. Alex is performing above ALL of your expectations, and you all need to STFU and eat crow. Safe passes win games. Taking what the defense gives you and being safe with the football WIN GAMES. I know all you fancy-smancy types like seeing lot of points go up and get your cocks hard for hair plugs and aaron rogers, but this team is playing complete football and WINNING.

nice thinly veiled personal attack
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Alex is also on pace to set the record for the least amount of passing yards by a quarterback who started all 16 games in the regular season.

is this true???

Lol good one.
His TD pass total for this season will be the least of any of the playoff QB's this year as well. Just sayin'.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
His TD pass total for this season will be the least of any of the playoff QB's this year as well. Just sayin'.

dropped passes are the cause of this

o the top of my head i can name 5 or 6 dropped TD passes itself this doesnt include droppped passes that would extend the drive
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:

Niners win total is higher than most of the teams in the playoffs. Just sayin.
Originally posted by crabman82:

haha i know this is b******t cus he started all of the games in 06 (actually played every snap) and had fewer yards than he does now

Hahaha true
Originally posted by Shaj:

is this true???

Nope Alex extrapolated for less yards in 2006 and started every game
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
There is a business corollary here, it's called "the cost of quality". I worked with Fortune 50 company that decide to increase their defects per million because the cost of quality was too high to achieve that level, and they could get more overall return with a defect rate that was still very good, but not as rigorous as before. If Alex could get twice as many touchdowns with twice as many INT's, that would be a great tradeoff that I would likely take. The cost of getting only 5 INT's is a pedestrian offense that requires a devastating ST and D to stay in games.

It is all interconnected. Less ints contribute to better field position, etc......which helps the D and ST stats.

If Smith doubled his TDs and INTs, who is to say that our D performs worse due to more time on the field, teams going no huddle, etc.?

it could work against us, I agree. I love the low INT rate, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if we opened things up a bit. Chances are that a Saints or Packers type offense would have the advantage against even our defense, so the Offense needs to play much differently than it has before in order to compete.

The Saints and Packers passing offense would do well against the 49er defense because of guys like Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson, among a couple of others.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

is this true???

Nope Alex extrapolated for less yards in 2006 and started every game

Played every snap too!

False. Do you really want me to find a stranger in the alps?
Originally posted by redrathman:

False. Do you really want me to find a stranger in the alps?

Seriously he threw for 2890 yards in 06
is this true???

*facepalm*
Where are the critics now?