LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

Four 49ers on NFL.com top stats page

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Week 16 NFL.com stats page :

As someone else mentioned, Carlos Rogers also has 6 ints and should be there as well. bowman, smith, and rogers came out of nowhere this year!
[ Edited by five1oh on Dec 25, 2011 at 4:26 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Yea and Carlos is tied with Goldson so technically it's 5 :D

Nice to see some all-around dominance. I was going to nuts every time Aldon got near Jackson today. Just 1 more sack on Kellen Clemens and he's in the record books. Hopefully he steamrolls Adam Goldberg again lol.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Notice none of them have anything to do with the offensive passing game.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

quit complaining. we're 12-3 and our offensive passing attack is part of the reason why.
Goldson...worst tackling safety in the NFL.

Read the play, had Baldwin at the line of scrimmage but ended up letting Baldwin goes by.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 24, 2011 at 10:30 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Had Baldwin at the line of scrimmage but ended up letting Baldwin goes by.

Not sure about worst I've seen him make plenty of good tackles. Dude is having a pro bowl season.
Originally posted by sfout:
quit complaining. we're 12-3 and our offensive passing attack is part of the reason why we have those 3 losses.

*Fixed

Not sure about worst I've seen him make plenty of good tackles. Dude is having a pro bowl season.

Agreed not the worst, but tackling is definitely one of his greater weaknesses and something he needs to improve in if he wants to be an elite safety.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:
quit complaining. we're 12-3 and our offensive passing attack is part of the reason why we have those 3 losses.

*Fixed

What great insight. If there are 3 parts to a football team -- The offense, defense, and special teams -- then the offense being part of a reason why we have a loss is automatic. Great post. Would read again, then print out, frame and hang up in my home for all following generations to read as well.

He needs to be more decisive on his tackles. Good tacklers are decisive. They get in range, takes the right angle, and closes fast. Willis does it. So does Troy Polamalu. The worst mistackles are the indecisive, uncommitted ones.

Originally posted by Ether:
What great insight. If there are 3 parts to a football team -- The offense, defense, and special teams -- then the offense being part of a reason why we have a loss is automatic. Great post. Would read again, then print out, frame and hang up in my home for all following generations to read as well.

lol.
Originally posted by thedude:
Agreed not the worst, but tackling is definitely one of his greater weaknesses and something he needs to improve in if he wants to be an elite safety.

We've noted he's not reed or troy. But really outside of them two there's not a safety better at making big plays and INTS. Sometimes especially with safeties you gotta take the good with the bad and for the most part Dashons good outweights the bad by a mile. Safety is a position of need for just about every defense, there's not many true safeties in the league, most of them are CB's who cant run with WRs or Lber's that are too small to play that position. IMO Reed, Troy, Earl Thomas, Eric Berry and Dashon are the best 5 safeties in the league.

quit complaining. we're 12-3 and our offensive passing attack is part of the reason why.

lol. You are reaching man...
Good deal, nice to have players from our team be in those spots. As for A.Smith--the only stat I care about is Alex and the 49ers going 3-0 in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone