There are 215 users in the forums

Its true: Alex Smith ties a Joe Montana single season record

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I know Smith has a good number of come backs this year, but I dont know that I would classify them as true "come back" victories. Philly, was a true come back story. Being down only one score in the fourth when you play low scoring defensive football isn't exactly a come back to me.

Stop it man because if you say anything bad about Alex you will be accused of not being a true niner fan.
Originally posted by susweel:
Stop it man because if you say anything bad about Alex you will be accused of not being a true niner fan.

any comeback when the last drive puts you ahead is a comeback victory i can agree witht he arguement of giants game as we were down 1 going into 4th scored a TD immeadietly and then never really looked back

but the other games
cin- drove team last drive TD
eagles- drove multiple TD drives
seattle drove last FG drive
lions- literally last second drive

all those should definitally count as comebacks because the last possesion niners had all gave them the lead

however you are right in the arguement tje giants game asa comeback win
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
any comeback when the last drive puts you ahead is a comeback victory i can agree witht he arguement of giants game as we were down 1 going into 4th scored a TD immeadietly and then never really looked back

but the other games

all those should definitally count as comebacks because the last possesion niners had all gave them the lead

Sure it was the last "scoring drive," but was not the last time we had the ball. The last scoring drive we got the ball back with 6:40 plus seconds on the clock and only needing a FG. That is not exactly a high pressure comeback type atmospher. Technically, you are right, but I just dont see it the same.
Sure it was the last "scoring drive," but was not the last time we had the ball. The last scoring drive we got the ball back with 6:40 plus seconds on the clock and only needing a FG. That is not exactly a high pressure comeback type atmospher. Technically, you are right, but I just dont see it the same.

ya but that was our last possession unless you count as kneelin

ya but that was our last possession unless you count as kneelin

I dont think so. We got the Jackson turnover, ran the ball 3 and out, and then stopped Jackson on a 4 down try. Then we knelt.
Originally posted by SFranchise8081:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Montana got Tds Alex only gets fgs.

Akers is the true mvp.

I didn't realize that Alex Smith was the one that called 3 straight run plays prior to the field goal.

EXACTLY. Alex has been playing really well, but we need to take the leash off him... these run plays are annoying.

Clearly JH and the coaching staff don't trust him enough to put the game in his hands in the red zone. It's kind of puzzling because JH talks him up saying he's a pro bowl QB but his play calling says otherwise.

You sure about that? Maybe it's the Line, or Receivers, or maybe they just want to run time off the clock and as a game strategy, they rely on D and Special Teams, where it is proven that less mistakes happen, leaguewide.
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by SFranchise8081:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Montana got Tds Alex only gets fgs.

Akers is the true mvp.

I didn't realize that Alex Smith was the one that called 3 straight run plays prior to the field goal.

EXACTLY. Alex has been playing really well, but we need to take the leash off him... these run plays are annoying.

Clearly JH and the coaching staff don't trust him enough to put the game in his hands in the red zone. It's kind of puzzling because JH talks him up saying he's a pro bowl QB but his play calling says otherwise.

You sure about that? Maybe it's the Line, or Receivers, or maybe they just want to run time off the clock and as a game strategy, they rely on D and Special Teams, where it is proven that less mistakes happen, leaguewide.

he played to win we needed a FG to win we got in range tehn ran it 3 times then let TJ drive teh ball

seriously TJ doesnt have the talent to lead a game wining drive against our D and harbaugh knew that

other game cinci eagles lions giants

we definitally passed more than we ran (hence scored TDs) to score because we needed a TD to win or the other team had aa competant offense
Da only record dat REALLY MATTERS is SB's. All you smith luvers need to stop. Dumb threads like dis is jus sumthing for you luvers to justify backing smith. Until he gets playoff wins OR even better SB wins, records in da regular season will mean basically NOTHING! we aren't lions, seachickens or any team wit no rings. So what he does in da regular season means very little if not nothing! He's not sucking dis season but he's still got sumthing to prove. Go niners! winning it all dis season wit smith as da qb.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Da only record dat REALLY MATTERS is SB's. All you smith luvers need to stop. Dumb threads like dis is jus sumthing for you luvers to justify backing smith. Until he gets playoff wins OR even better SB wins, records in da regular season will mean basically NOTHING! we aren't lions, seachickens or any team wit no rings. So what he does in da regular season means very little if not nothing! He's not sucking dis season but he's still got sumthing to prove. Go niners! winning it all dis season wit smith as da qb.

justify?

this is a legit thing if you cant comeback how are you going to get to the supberbwll

this proves he is clutch and if you dont have that ckutch factor good luck getting tehre
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
It's good to know Alex Smith can lead us back. Having said that, Lets do your best to NOT to need another comeback win.

justify?

this is a legit thing if you cant comeback how are you going to get to the supberbwll

this proves he is clutch and if you dont have that ckutch factor good luck getting tehre

Great fans we have

but the other games

If the situations with Joe and Smith are the same, then I disagree with you. On the other hand, if the person who wrote the article is ignoring that Joe's were all 2 min drills resulting in TDs required to win, while Smith's are not, then you have a point. I guess someone should look at each "comeback" at issue and report back, eh?

justify?

GTFOH! Steve young can barely be put in da same sentence Montana & he altleast! Won some playoff games & a SB! Dis is smiths' first good year & da playoffs haven't even started yet.
GTFOH! Steve young can barely be put in da same sentence Montana & he altleast! Won some playoff games & a SB! Dis is smiths' first good year & da playoffs haven't even started yet.

can you read?

where have i compared smith to montana?
haters must loathe this stat
Share 49ersWebzone